Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Gilmour has been a sub in the prem a couple of times, used once but he has just come back from an injury as well, but think Lampard sees him as a useful player gor the first team

Anjorin I think could be an option but a few Championship clubs may be after him as well.

But Peart-Harris I think could be a viable option and he impressed a few people on monday.

• Can never get too excited about a youngster + talent until you actually have them playing in your first team with/against the big boys. 

• Gilmour has been a sub in the prem a couple of times, used once but he has just come back from an injury as well, but think Lampard sees him as a useful player gor the first team

Anjorin I think could be an option but a few Championship clubs may be after him as well.

But Peart Harris I think could be a viable option and he impressed a few people on monday.

I thought his first name was Peart from this.

Was gonna say I wanted to be kept abreast of the situation in case it goes tits up.
  • edited December 2020
    Anjorin would make the most sense if we’re getting another Chelsea youngster. Gilmour more likely to end up at a high end Championship side if he goes on loan.
  • edited December 2020
    This isn’t even the signing I’m excited for. Big loan player incoming 
    I presume you know the name of who it is?
    I don’t to be honest 

All I know is that it’s a very good young attacking midfielder from a Premier League club (it’s been hinted that it’s Chelsea). The deal is supposedly done but apparently loan signings are never done as there’s always a chance another club offers more money/game time. 
    Billy Gilmour perhaps, or is he not that type of attacking midfielder?

Tino Anjorin could be another as think we were linked with him when Gallagher was on loan last season (as an option this year)
    No chance of Gilmour, he’s considered first-team now. 

It might not even be Chelsea but when talking about the new loan signing, Martin stated it was a similar caliber to Maatsen and we now have a very strong relationship with Chelsea moving forward and they trust us with their youngsters. 

Who knows, even if it doesn’t come to fruition how lovely is it to be worrying about which transfers will help us win promotion!  
  • edited December 2020
    Gilmour has been a sub in the prem a couple of times, used once but he has just come back from an injury as well, but think Lampard sees him as a useful player gor the first team

But Peart Harris I think could be a viable option and he impressed a few people on monday.

I thought his first name was Peart from this.

Was gonna say I wanted to be kept abreast of the situation in case it goes tits up.
    Lol I have added the hypen now, we are running short on double barrelled surnames lol, so hopefully it is him we get 🤣🤣 
  • Not sure if he qualifies as an Attacking Mid but Lewis Bate would make a lot of sense.

Sidcup lad and very highly rated. Think we were linked in the summer briefly too, but can’t remember where I heard that.
  • Sponsored links:

• This isn’t even the signing I’m excited for. Big loan player incoming 
    I don’t to be honest 

All I know is that it’s a very good young attacking midfielder from a Premier League club (it’s been hinted that it’s Chelsea). The deal is supposedly done but apparently loan signings are never done as there’s always a chance another club offers more money/game time. 
    Brilliant. Done deal, but it's not a done deal.
    Brilliant.
    I can only post what I'm told, the owner's son seems extremely confident that it's already done. Such is the nature of loan signings; until he's signed on the dotted line he is free to go elsewhere. 
    Agreed, but it's either done or it isn't it can't be both.
    So basically we may have a verbal agreement, but the deal is not done.
    Thanks anyway.
  • edited December 2020
    This is the "transfer targets" thread, so I think it is appropriate for people to talk about our transfer targets even if they are not confirmed.

That said, if this was the "confirmed transfers" thread it would be a very different matter, and in my opinion, totally unacceptable.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Not sure if he qualifies as an Attacking Mid but Lewis Bate would make a lot of sense.

Sidcup lad and very highly rated. Think we were linked in the summer briefly too, but can’t remember where I heard that.
    Holding midfielder 
  • Schwartz never, ever tracks back either.
  • Possibly Tino ajorin 
  • Hmm, I've just noticed that Ronnie Schwartz has tattoos and I have it on good authority from one of my FC Midtjylland mates that he loves a takeaway pizza. It's a no from me 
    Sounds like the buddy romance Marcus Maddison could just be looking for  <3
  • Sponsored links:

• It definitely isn’t Lewis Bate 
  • edited December 2020
    Newspaper: Ronnie Schwartz moves to Charlton

Schwartz will move to Charlton in January, after he chose the club in the summer
  • This isn’t even the signing I’m excited for. Big loan player incoming 
    I don’t to be honest 

A youngster on loan makes a lot of sense as then it obviously won't affect our wage cap. I'd assume a good teenager at Chelsea is probably on minimum 5-10k a week so perhaps Sandgaard can offer a bit extra to ensure we manage to get him. If a signing was over 21 we wouldn't have that option.
  • We're supposedly being linked with Aaron Wilding (Morecambe midfielder)
  • If it is another Chelsea lad then Anjorin would be my first choice. I’d have thought he’d have some decent championship clubs after him though. He’s already been involved with the Chelsea first team last year. 

No chance on Gilmour, very much involved with the Chelsea first team now.
  • We're supposedly being linked with Aaron Wilding (Morecambe midfielder)
    A 28 year old L2 midfielder, somehow I doubt it!
  • edited December 2020
    Tom Pope I tell thee.