Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• redbuttle said:
    See some of our "fans" are already slagging Schwartz off on Twitter. Unreal....
    Saying what? He hasn't even signed yet!
  • redbuttle said:
    Saying what? He hasn't even signed yet!
    Common complaints seem to be that he's either too similar to Bogle/Aneke or that he hasn't played in ages so won't be nearly fit enough
  • MattF said:
    That's great.
    I just wish I could read Danish so I knew what it said.
    Ronnie Schwartz was close to a move to Charlton in October, which he ended up rejecting, but this time it should be good enough.

The FC Midtjylland striker thus moves to Charlton in January, and an agreement has fallen into place, writes Ekstra Bladet.

League 1 club Charlton was taken over earlier this year by the Danish rich man Thomas Sandgaard, who in the past transfer window tried to bring Schwartz to the club.  However, Schwartz was not convinced about Charlton and therefore chose to stay at the last minute, even though all the details of the change were negotiated in place in the lucrative agreement, which according to bold.dk's information was for three years, and which would send 2.5 million kroner.  to FC Midtjylland.

31-year-old Ronnie Schwartz has only played 31 minutes this autumn, and it was in the Sydbank Cup against HB Køge.

In addition, he has only been in FC Midtjylland's squad once.

*roughly, according to google translate 
  • Thank you.
    As a matter of interest how much is 2.5 million kroner in sterling.
  • Thank you.
    About 300k.
  • Thank you.
    £250k... Just take a zero off the number
  • Thank you.
    According to google its £212,890.30! 
  • £300k

I can't wait to hear fans asking why we are buying a 31yo for £2.5m.  :o
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you.
    About 300k.
    Thank you.
    £250k... Just take a zero off the number
    Good job we've got a Danish rich man.  :D
  • Current exchange - 1 kroner = 12p
  • I've given up trying to remember the rules for who can travel without self isolating and who can't, though to remember that there are exclusions for work purposes

Was this a flying visit by Schwartz to see the game, or has he actually moved here properly so that he can start training with the squad at some point before January? Are there self isolation rules before he can train?
    He’ll be a Charlton player on January 1st so I doubt he’ll be going back to Denmark now. This has been done for a while so I imagine he’s already made the move. 
    He was actually on the bench for them against Atalanta on December 1st, so if he has moved it would have been in the past 2 weeks only
  • I've given up trying to remember the rules for who can travel without self isolating and who can't, though to remember that there are exclusions for work purposes

Was this a flying visit by Schwartz to see the game, or has he actually moved here properly so that he can start training with the squad at some point before January? Are there self isolation rules before he can train?
    He’ll be a Charlton player on January 1st so I doubt he’ll be going back to Denmark now. This has been done for a while so I imagine he’s already made the move. 
    He was actually on the bench for them against Atalanta on December 1st, so if he has moved it would have been in the past 2 weeks only
    Denmark's winter break starts after the 20th, so it's not as if his current club would need him after then. 
  • Does anybody know why he has been frozen out / struggled to even make substitute appearances for Midtjylland?
  • That's a really impressive collection of goals. Right place right time poacher goals. 
  • edited December 2020
    mendonca said:
    Does anybody know why he has been frozen out / struggled to even make substitute appearances for Midtjylland?
    Schwartz doesn’t fit the mold of a typical Midtjylland signing - think of them like Brentford (same ownership?) who prefer to buy young with potential. 

They bought him in January after a good half season with Silkeborg - I assume they were struggling for goals or had a long term injury to another striker? I suppose they never really viewed him as a long term option given he’s now 31.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m so intrigued to see Schwartz play, he’s been a bit of an enigma since the last window and I can’t remember us ever chasing an individual player for this long. 

His record is fantastic but you have no idea how fit he is or how capable he is for the English game. Hopefully he’s been training with us for a number of weeks and can slot straight into the side. 
    Didn't we chase Hayden Mullins & Darren Purse for longer?
  • mendonca said:
    Does anybody know why he has been frozen out / struggled to even make substitute appearances for Midtjylland?
    Probably because he's leaving. 
  • Ronnie Schwartz ? looks more like Chris Parkes to the left of Thomas
  • redbuttle said:
    WTF Why ?
  • We're Charlton Athletic and that's what we do.

• Think you'll find that is FC Midtjylland striker Ronnie Schwartz sat to the left of Charlton owner Thomas Sandgaard at Saturday's game against AFC Wimbledon. Deal didn't happen on deadline day but looks a strong possibility for next month.

Now it's out there can reveal TS told us this on Tuesday 
    Technically the bloke sitting to the left of TS is grey haired, old with glasses and looks like Chris Parkes. 
  • Ferryman said:
    I’m so intrigued to see Schwartz play, he’s been a bit of an enigma since the last window and I can’t remember us ever chasing an individual player for this long. 

His record is fantastic but you have no idea how fit he is or how capable he is for the English game. Hopefully he’s been training with us for a number of weeks and can slot straight into the side. 
    Still chasing I'm told it could happen in January
  • Ferryman said:
    I’m so intrigued to see Schwartz play, he’s been a bit of an enigma since the last window and I can’t remember us ever chasing an individual player for this long. 

Still chasing I'm told it could happen in January
    No that's Andy Delort. 
  • Don’t mess about does he.
  • edited December 2020
    redbuttle said:
    Always best to slag a player off that A) you know nothing about (only on you tube) and b) hasn’t signed yet.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say he will score more goals in his first 10 games than Bogle does all season.