Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• If the bloke is anywhere near a goal scorer he will get goals with this teams midfield. MM must be wondering what it takes to get someone to be on the end of the balls he gas put into the box. With a half decent finisher the goals will come no worries
  • Laddick01 said:
    Washington isn’t a finisher. His 6 goals when you look at them have been a mixture of luck and poor keeping.

But he does get in the right positions, and he’s definitely got more to his game that goals so I’d say getting rid of him is a bit premature
    Washington isn't a finisher? Well this is a load of old bollocks. Did you see his goal against MK Dons? 
  • PopIcon said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Washington isn’t a finisher. His 6 goals when you look at them have been a mixture of luck and poor keeping.

But he does get in the right positions, and he’s definitely got more to his game that goals so I’d say getting rid of him is a bit premature
    Washington isn't a finisher? Well this is a load of old bollocks. Did you see his goal against MK Dons? 
    Didn’t MK Dons beat us 1-0? He is an average finisher in my opinion but he adds to the team, i definitely wouldn’t be looking to move him on
  • PopIcon said:
    Laddick01 said:

Didn’t MK Dons beat us 1-0? He is an average finisher in my opinion but he adds to the team, i definitely wouldn’t be looking to move him on
    Guess he means Fleetwood
  • PopIcon said:
    Laddick01 said:

Couldn’t have been that good, he must have missed as we lost 1-0 
  • I heard we're in for Lapslie at Mansfield, don't shoot the messenger.

not sure if he scores enough goals
  • PopIcon said:
    Laddick01 said:

Guess he means Fleetwood
    Or Wimbledon to be even more controversial 
  • Rothko said:
    there’s no embargo if you break the cap, you get fined an amount of the breach 
    I know that but it is meant to act as one isn't it. What has happened  to conceptual thought.  It is supposed to be a barrier. One may ask what good is s fine in monetary terms if it is meant to stop.over spending and merely adds to overspending.  Better a points deduction to ensure a level field.
    Nice try.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Off the top of my head this season, Washington’s goals.

vs Crewe: Shins/Slices from close range and it spins in.
    vs Oxford Lovely movement, hits ball very close to keeper (who was genuinely awful) and is lucky to score
    vs Wimbledon: Big deflection

Might not be 100% correct and there may be others but you can see Washnington isn’t an out and out finisher. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The way round the salary cap and obvious holes in the squad is..... 

Pay Luton a fee for Shinnie and take over the last 6 months of his contract with them paying his wages.   You could possibly do the same with Smyth. 

Send Levitt back. 

Sign a striker with what ever is left of budget. 

Get a right sided center back in on loan.

Then get the best player you can on loan, provided he isn't a keeper or a right back he will almost certainly improve us. 

Then there is always the 5% over run on the salary cap, which works out at about 5k a week for a six month contract.

There is plenty of wiggle room. 
    Very difficult to do legally. You can’t take over someone’s contract when actually you are not taking over the contract at all. 
    We must have done something similar with Williams when he signed.
    I thought I'd read the Palace more or less paid up his contract so we could pay him around £4,000pw.  Not the same as Palace paying him whilst he's our player but pretty close.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pay Luton a fee for Shinnie and take over the last 6 months of his contract with them paying his wages.   You could possibly do the same with Smyth. 

Send Levitt back. 

Then get the best player you can on loan, provided he isn't a keeper or a right back he will almost certainly improve us. 

Then there is always the 5% over run on the salary cap, which works out at about 5k a week for a six month contract.

Very difficult to do legally. You can’t take over someone’s contract when actually you are not taking over the contract at all. 
    We must have done something similar with Williams when he signed.
    I thought I'd read the Palace more or less paid up his contract so we could pay him around £4,000pw.  Not the same as Palace paying him whilst he's our player but pretty close.
    Yep not the same. We would need Luton to do the same but highly unlikely to benefit is Salary cap wise. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    One move I'd like to see is Bogle + cash for Pigott. Rather that than Schwartz because Pigott can definitely do it in this league, whereas Schwartz is a bit of a risk in that regard.
    Schwartz will walk this league. Trust me. 
    Kan han tale engelsk?  

Ja. Selvfølgelig
  • Oggy Red said:
    One move I'd like to see is Bogle + cash for Pigott. Rather that than Schwartz because Pigott can definitely do it in this league, whereas Schwartz is a bit of a risk in that regard.
    Kan han tale engelsk?  

Ja. Selvfølgelig

Danes speak better English than the English.
    Jan Molby spoke scouse better than Ian Rush.
  • MattF said:
    PopIcon said:
    Laddick01 said:

Guess he means Fleetwood
    Or Wimbledon to be even more controversial 
    I was of course referring to Wimbledon. I don't recall it being chalked up as an own goal.
  • .flyingkiwiDK said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Kan han tale engelsk?  

Ja. Selvfølgelig
    Det er godt at vide. Mange tak! 

• edited December 2020
    Laddick01 said:
    Off the top of my head this season, Washington’s goals.

vs Crewe: Shins/Slices from close range and it spins in.
    vs Oxford Lovely movement, hits ball very close to keeper (who was genuinely awful) and is lucky to score
    vs Wimbledon: Big deflection

Might not be 100% correct and there may be others but you can see Washnington isn’t an out and out finisher. 

My first impression was he's a League 1 striker who will continue to have a goal every 3 games.
    Just checked his stats and Conor had:

27 goals in 82 for Posh in League1
    6 goals in 17 for Cafc in League 1
    33 goals in 99 matches in League1

Not bothered how they go in the net.
    So 1 in 3 games consistently in this division.

13 goals in 92 matches in champ for QPR
    we can see that 1 in 7 isn't a championship strikers return.

The worse thing about not being at the matches live is you can't see the whole pitch and so much is missed with off the ball runs and positions players take up.

Lee and his coaches and stats men will know the amount of work he does but the most important stat when you are a striker is the amount of goals and assists you have.

I can only show you the stats above.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Shake hands with Bogle and Washington, pay them off and put it down to experience 
    Ridiculous statement.
  • The only thing I'd say about Connor Washington is that if he had scored against Lincoln early on then we would have not lost that game. Bad miss in my book. As a'pp said, probably a 1 in 3 striker in this league ( but that includes pens). Pretty good but not enough to get you promoted if he is your main striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Shake hands with Bogle and Washington, pay them off and put it down to experience 
    Ridiculous statement.
    do you want promotion? these 2 aren't good enough and neither r jfc and oshelaja - we cannot keep dead wood now if we want to bring in what is needed
  • We need to take advantage of the under-21 rule and start signing some quality young players. 

We've got a decent spine to the team but if we managed to find a gem like Lookman/Grant up front we'd end up running away with this league. Pay them over the odds and then sell them on next year. 
    We should be fine as i can't see any other club adopting this line of thinking.............
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Ridiculous statement.
    Agreed.....we all know that shaking hands increases the risk of the virus spreading 
  • There is always some kind of risk associated with signing a player who has no experience of the country they’re moving to but let’s compare the scoring record of Schwartz to the last striker we signed from the Danish top flight: Igor Vetokele.

Igor had scored 15 goals in 46 appearances prior to joining. He was clearly a very good player at Championship level before injuries got the better of him. I think he could’ve been still banging them in England today if it wasn’t for how much he got overplayed.

By comparison, Schwartz has scored 64 goals in that same league over 166 appearances.

Think he should have enough about him to be a top striker in this league and if we got promoted this season or next, cut it for a year or two in the league above.
    Ooo look at the Danish Superliga top scorer charts that summer... :)

I do wonder if Tommy Driesen disregarded him

Would love it if Schwartz is a success for that reason, given he did better than both Vetokele and Makienok

Yep Igor was brilliant for us before injuries set in but Makienok was pony for us 
  • As we're on good terms with Arsenal why not make a cheeky offer for Saliba!!!!

• edited December 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Send Levitt back. 

Ridiculous statement.
    do you want promotion? these 2 aren't good enough and neither r jfc and oshelaja - we cannot keep dead wood now if we want to bring in what is needed

Whatever Division you are in you need 4 strikers. If Conor Washington is number 3 striker and scores 1 in 3 which he has with 33 goals in 99 games in League 1 then I must be missing something if you want him jettisoned.

Ronnie Schwartz was going to come in and be the either 1st or second Striker with Aneke and Bogle as number 4 striker. This so nearly happened in the last window.

Smyth is more of a winger when you analyze his career as he just scores so few goals to be a striker.

Surprised @doucher you didn't realize the pecking order with your ITK information at Sparrows lane.

Even Bogle could be useful to be a nuisance as long as we are winning for about 10 minutes at the end of a game with his pace.

This is about as good as it will get this season with the financial restrictions in place in League 1 

Schwartz and Aneke 1st and 2nd strikers.
    Washington 3rd Bogle 4th.

And with Maddison capable of scoring and assists with his free role and Smyth with assists from the wing its a CB is the major concern for me.

The Beast Inniss is injury prone if you study his history and young Famewo has had two injuries and may not be seen again for us.

Unfair on Pratley or Gunter to play CB to cover but great that they gave it ago but neither are CB. 

Ronnie up top and a Good CB. 
    That is our priority.

Shinnie, Morgan, Pratley or Watson ! Gilbey or JFC if they improve and pull their finger out with Williams or/and Maddison in the attacking midfield role and surely the midfield is good enough for the mediocre League 1 if you perm from that lot.

Ps. Just read your post Chris from Sidcup and pleased you see the same priority as me. 
  • We absolutely need a centre back and i'd be amazed if we don't get one.

We've no idea when Famewo will return or even if Norwich want him back. But as good as he is, can we afford to be giving up cap space to an injured player who won't be here long term anyway?

Inniss will likely be a couple of months before he's fully fit and has a history of injuries, so again as good as he is, not sure we can rely on him either.

Oshilaja doesn't seem to be rated by Bowyer and about 80% of this forum.

Pearce is 33, Barker 17 and then we're down to playing Gunter and Pratley out of position which as we've seen in recent games isn't going to get us promoted.

So along with Schwartz, a centre back for me has to be a priority.
    Famewo isn't part of the cap, I'm not sure why people get confused so often
  • SamE7 said:
    We absolutely need a centre back and i'd be amazed if we don't get one.

We've no idea when Famewo will return or even if Norwich want him back. But as good as he is, can we afford to be giving up cap space to an injured player who won't be here long term anyway?

Inniss will likely be a couple of months before he's fully fit and has a history of injuries, so again as good as he is, not sure we can rely on him either.

Oshilaja doesn't seem to be rated by Bowyer and about 80% of this forum.

Pearce is 33, Barker 17 and then we're down to playing Gunter and Pratley out of position which as we've seen in recent games isn't going to get us promoted.

So along with Schwartz, a centre back for me has to be a priority.
    Famewo isn't part of the cap, I'm not sure why people get confused so often
    Because the rules are new and take time to understand.