Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• So far...

Lost out to Wycombe for Ofoborh
    Lost out to Wigan for Solomon-Otabor
    Couldn’t tempt Exeter with the Randall deal
    Missed out for whatever reason with Kirk
    Let go of Wiredu
    Trying to get rid of Williams
    Trying to get rid of Maddison
    Brought in a loanee from Arsenal

Same old Charlton.
    If you add the entire window into the equation, it reads very differently......

Signed Millar, stockley, smith and Schwartz.

lost smyth 
  • edited February 2021
    Maddison has started FOUR league games for us, and come off the bench 4 times. 

He played reasonably well against Wimbledon and Swindon, scores that wonder goal off the bench vs Plymouth, and his reward was to not feature at all vs Hull

Then in the next game he injures himself after coming off the bench, and his manager says he doesn't care if he's injured because he pulled out of a tackle.

Maddison may be an arsehole - none of us know the truth - but he's hardly been managed well either or given a fair chance to show what he can do, when the likes of Bogle, Gilbey and Watson have played far more games without exactly covering themselves in glory.
    Agree,  Bowyer has hardly been ingratiating himself with Maddison. So I will defer my view as to wether he needs to go, until somebody tells me why. But, right now I see a talented player being forced out for reasons unknown....
  • So far...

Lost out to Wycombe for Ofoborh
    Lost out to Wigan for Solomon-Otabor
    Couldn’t tempt Exeter with the Randall deal
    Missed out for whatever reason with Kirk
    Let go of Wiredu
    Trying to get rid of Williams
    Trying to get rid of Maddison
    Brought in a loanee from Arsenal

Same old Charlton.
    I'll translate that.
    We've got Smith in on loan from Arsenal.
  • Maybe its best to get rid of Maddison, but that begs the question why sign him in the first place? Excuse me for thinking its not cracking business signing a player and shipping him after 4 months.
    Not at all good business (although the circumstances weren't ideal for getting it right) but having taken the risk and it not working isn't the best thing to to cut our losses and move him on?

If it's not working, and from what @sage and Cawley are saying that's as much if not more about Maddison that Bowyer, than do something about it.
    My thinking exactly. It’s the right thing to do but yes, poor decision in the first place. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe its best to get rid of Maddison, but that begs the question why sign him in the first place? Excuse me for thinking its not cracking business signing a player and shipping him after 4 months.
    Sometimes players don’t work out because they aren’t as good as you thought they’d be or it’s all that was available at the time (Bogle). Sometimes players don’t gel (Maddison?)

Pleased a respected poster has inside info on this as the boring few bowyer-out-whatever-the-weather posters would have sharpened the knives yet again. 
  • For me, if we lose Williams and Maddison in addition to Bogle and Smyth, the four we have bought in so far is an upgrade.
    Another signing would be the icing on the cake.
  • Marcus Maddison.... see Tony watt , he will probably end up signing for st mirren in the summer 
  • Redrobo said:
    For me, if we lose Williams and Maddison in addition to Bogle and Smyth, the four we have bought in so far is an upgrade.
    Another signing would be the icing on the cake.
    Think it’s too early to say they’ve been an upgrade. Millar the only one who has started 2+ games and done well. I’m a little concerned about the creativity, definitely feel we need a winger/attacking midfielder if Williams and Maddison both leave. 
  • A lot of people on here now saying he had to go lol'd me in November when I stated I didn't want him as he was not a team player. Such a lot of hot air and hubris on this site.
  • I think getting rid of Williams and Maddison is wise. They both haven't been playing enough to take up a space in the squad when we have our hands tied by the cap. Everyone calm down and wait and see what happens. 
  • So the biggest question is the Kirk deal ongoing?
  • Has Williams actually gone  ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm.not sure JW is going anywhere. He had his medical ages ago and no announcement yet ! Maybe the rumours are correct ?
  • I think Williams has passed the medical btw. Will be announced soon.
  • Has Williams actually gone  ?
    Neither have gone as yet. 

Good chance of 1 or multiple of the following:

1. Failed Medical 
    2. Passed Medical subject to us replacing him. 
    3. Passed Medical and deal is done, but CAFC have rights to announce first. 
    4. Deal revoked as we're managing to move on another similarly paid player (For cap purposes)
    5. Fax machine has gone down. All deals are off. 
  • Remember that at the start of the season we came off a complete transfer embargo where we were lucky to sign Watson & Gilbey as the league had forgotten to inform the club.
    Washington & Gilbey.