Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Agree @Dazzler21.

Suddenly a few people know 'something' about Maddison, yet have allowed fans to continue getting the wrong end of the stick. 

Sod this. I'm hitting the kettlebells and therabands for a few hours.
  • What Bowyer said about Maddison is on public record. What Maddison has said about Bowyer isn't.
  • What Bowyer said about Maddison is on public record. What Maddison has said about Bowyer isn't.
    Would you feel differently if you knew what Maddison had said was on public record?
  • Will MM be the first to leave that Bowyer can't claim 'we have improved them'?
  • Seeing a lot of panic on the social media platforms. I am personally saving my panicking for later and I've got fresh sheets at the ready, always best to be prepared for deadline day
  • Rothko said:
    christ if people think Oztumer is the answer 
    Well Watson certainly ain't 
  • Sponsored links:

Would you feel differently if you knew what Maddison had said was on public record?
    Well knowing both sides to an argument does change things. 

I might turn around as @Sage suggests and go "Oh okay if he's done that, that's completely unacceptable and I agree with Bowyer on this one"
  • MattF said:
    The first part of Cawleys first tweet is rather telling. Saying that Bowyer felt he could change Maddison's character or flaws. Sounds just llike when a women marries an abuser & stays with him thinking that they can change him. You can't. With Maddison you just have to accept who he is - although I do feel that he has possibly changed over the past 12 months & isn't the player that had half a dozen great seasons at Peterborough.
  • edited February 2021
    What Bowyer said about Maddison is on public record. What Maddison has said about Bowyer isn't.
    I would feel better if none of it is on public record. You get disagreements in football and it is extremely unprofessional to deal with them publicly.

It was a culmination of three incidents were players were publicly humiliated within a short space of time. Now if you think that has no effect on team mates you haven't been in a football dressing room. It also makes the club less attractive to some players.
  • Seeing a lot of panic on the social media platforms. I am personally saving my panicking for later and I've got fresh sheets at the ready, always best to be prepared for deadline day
    My order's arrived from Amazon - in the nick of time.

If that bird shits herself she's guna redecorate the wall not the bed. 
  • We need two signings desperately before the end of the window if we are indeed selling/loaning these players out. 

2 wins in 9 is not the time to be making the squad weaker. 
  • Rothko said:
    christ if people think Oztumer is the answer 
    Did very well in this league before joining us. 15 goals and 6 assists in BOTH of his two seasons prior to joining Bolton, where he struggled and then us.
  • cazo said:
    If so much of the squad don’t get on with bowyer maybe he mite have to go this shit can’t keep happening.
    What keeps happening? 
    Oztumer 
    Fosu 
    Williams 
    Maddison. 
    Bowyer appears to prefer robots over skill. 
    Maybe Bowyer is trying to get the bedrock of team work re-established.

Then a flair player or 2 can be added to provide the unpredictable, but on a firm foundation.

My order's arrived from Amazon - in the nick of time.

Never new they sold women on Amazon. 
    How much did she cost
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Agree @Dazzler21.

Suddenly a few people know 'something' about Maddison, yet have allowed fans to continue getting the wrong end of the stick. 

Sod this. I'm hitting the kettlebells and therabands for a few hours.
    Be warned ....... There will be 50 pages and 500 posts to read by the time you get back. smile:

• I was generally supportive of Solly assuming that there must be a good reason.
  • Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
    Thanks @Sage for some insight, and if MM is going for the reason intimated above then fine, but my beef is getting rid of JW and MM but not seeing replacements (at the time of posting) where we need creativity. I hope we have people lined up before the window closes.
  • Calm down all plenty of time left 🙄 lots of twists and turns yet to come over the next 5 hours. Let's see what happens before the meltdown