Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• They might not be saying it "out loud" but a clearance fire sale like this (especially if few/no inbound) does feel oddly like a writing off of the season and hoping we drift along to a midtable finish with the real business to be done in summer.

Seems to conflict a bit with TS' "go-getter" persona unless he's reluctant to throw money at short term gain and sees it as a trimming exercise.
  • If Bowyer and Gallen sign players then decide halfway through a season they’re not good enough let’s get rid, then so be it, everything else is instant these days.  Fully trust their judgment here, positive since TS, that sufficient bodies will be in before deadline.
    I fully agree.
    However I can see why there is a counter argument and fans asking why did we sign them in the 1st place. That is a debate for tomorrow.
    Let's hope we have some good targets still lined up today.
    I think the deal with Exeter may not be dead in the water just yet 

• It’s a clear out. A much needed clear out.
    agreed, but a clear in would be nice too. We need to start rebuilding the squad with permanent signings on long contracts not loans and short term deals.
    And if the cap is removed at the end of the season we're in a difficult position to get better players in.
  • Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    How do you offer mega transfers, yet can only offer a pittance of a wage?
    Why are we shipping all our players out when you can't get better with the wage cap? 
    This x 100. Madness getting rid of all the experienced creative players & then bringing in inexperienced youngsters whi haven't proven that they can cut it. 

Looks like Bowyer wants a team of Steve Browns & Steve Gritts and not Claus Jensons & Paulo De Canios.
    neither Williams or Maddison are a great loss imo 
    Is that because they're not talented or because our manager can't/won't manage them? 
    Neither of those things imo.
    Williams was surplus in the summer but triggered his own option and Maddison I'm guessing we took a gamble on his attitude and application and not paid off
  • I said earlier on in this thread today that I'm sad to see JW go, and I hoped we would have got a perm in first to replace him. Now looks as though Madison going as well, so creative players going and no sign, to me, of anyone else coming in except the Gunners lad! We do seem to going down the route again of " We tried to get some players in but couldn't get them over the line", I hope I'm wrong!
    Yes I was thinking the same,the alarm bells are beginning to ring. Let’s hope there is a more structured plan in place now.🤞🤞🤞
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised that Bowyer has given up on 2 of his new signings already. 

It's a really sad sign for me that Bowyer hasn't and won't ever be able to manage difficult players. It's known he holds grudges too. 

I am disappointed. 
    ....because they are difficult?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    if williams and Maddison both leave and we replace them with no one, today will have been absolute pish
    It's funny isn't it, transfer window could go from pretty decent to awful based on what we now know. 
  • Maddison has to have fallen out big time with Bowyer - a fall out that can’t be repaired - and given what happened at Peterborough, where the manager there washed his hands of him, it is likely the issue is to do with Maddison - that said, I imagine that if you fall out with Bowyer, it’s very difficult to get back on an equal footing with him

But if we lose Maddison and Williams, and don’t replace them today, that’s very poor on the part of the club
    Curbs was no different as a Manager... Didnt he get rid of Shaun Newton in less than favourable circumstances?

Bowyer certainly isnt some revolutionary Manager that gets rid of players at the first sign of a disagreement
    Curbs also drummed out Greg Shields, Scot Parker was banished to the stiffs for wanting his move to Chel$ki.
    Jason Euell too was excluded for ages before finally being forgiven.

• SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised that Bowyer has given up on 2 of his new signings already. 

It's a really sad sign for me that Bowyer hasn't and won't ever be able to manage difficult players. It's known he holds grudges too. 

I am disappointed. 
    ....because they are difficult?
    Don't waste your time
  • Maddison to Bolton is bizarre! Clear he isn’t gonna play for us again, what a waste of time! 
  • edited February 2021
    Bolton about to announce a signing. Would be shocked if it’s MM this quickly but who knows?
  • edited February 2021
    @Rothko

Bowyer isn't the messiah, he can be criticised. Right now it looks like he's ditched some of our most creative players because they don't fit into his new negative gameplan we've seen since last January. 

I hope he does well, but I simply cannot see us getting promoted when he goes on about stability and then brings in players and sells them on months later. 

• Oggy Red said:
    Maddison has to have fallen out big time with Bowyer - a fall out that can’t be repaired - and given what happened at Peterborough, where the manager there washed his hands of him, it is likely the issue is to do with Maddison - that said, I imagine that if you fall out with Bowyer, it’s very difficult to get back on an equal footing with him

But if we lose Maddison and Williams, and don’t replace them today, that’s very poor on the part of the club
    Curbs was no different as a Manager... Didnt he get rid of Shaun Newton in less than favourable circumstances?

Bowyer certainly isnt some revolutionary Manager that gets rid of players at the first sign of a disagreement
    Curbs also drummed out Greg Shields, Scot Parker was banished to the stiffs for wanting his move to Chel$ki.
    Jason Euell too was excluded for ages before finally being forgiven.

Greg Shields was a tidy player - why did Curbs drum him out ?
  • We have 6 hours left.

I hope the photo copier still on.
  • Bolton about to announce a signing. Would be shocked if it’s MM this quickly but who knows?
    He must be desperate to sign for Bolton.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    FFS really? Can't even convince players to sign from the shambles that is Wigan now.
  • Exeter have signed a winger on loan from Newport.
    Not that I want to piss on anybody's chips i'd like to see us sign Randall too but a mate of mine who supports Exeter reckons it's to replace Nicky Law who's just gone to the MLS as a player-coach, just passing on what he told me. Still hope we can sign Randall but I don't see it happening unless we're prepared to up our offer.
  • Looks like the imminent bolton signing was 𝗢𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗽𝗼 𝗔𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗻
  • Bolton about to announce a signing. Would be shocked if it’s MM this quickly but who knows?
    It's Oladapo Afolayan, stand down
    West Ham youth 
  • RedRobin said:

Says it all that a player would prefer to stay with club in a relegation battle, than come to us lol 
    shame, liked the look of him ..
  • Looks like the imminent bolton signing was 𝗢𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗽𝗼 𝗔𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗻
    Yep.
    He must be desperate to sign for Bolton.
    Tbf i think he'd be to just to be closer to his friends, family, and the nicer people :)