Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Bollox, he's a good player Solomon-Otabor
  • Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    How do you offer mega transfers, yet can only offer a pittance of a wage?
    Why are we shipping all our players out when you can't get better with the wage cap? 
    Bowyer is getting rid of the players he doesn't want. It's quite obvious.
    then you have to question his judgement, he signed them after all, one of them about six months ago ...
  • Oggy Red said:
    Maddison has to have fallen out big time with Bowyer - a fall out that can’t be repaired - and given what happened at Peterborough, where the manager there washed his hands of him, it is likely the issue is to do with Maddison - that said, I imagine that if you fall out with Bowyer, it’s very difficult to get back on an equal footing with him

But if we lose Maddison and Williams, and don’t replace them today, that’s very poor on the part of the club
    Curbs was no different as a Manager... Didnt he get rid of Shaun Newton in less than favourable circumstances?

Bowyer certainly isnt some revolutionary Manager that gets rid of players at the first sign of a disagreement
    Curbs also drummed out Greg Shields, Scot Parker was banished to the stiffs for wanting his move to Chel$ki.
    Jason Euell too was excluded for ages before finally being forgiven.

Greg Shields was a tidy player - why did Curbs drum him out ?
    I can't be sure though, Shields was a feisty red-haired Scot ....... I guess there was an argument, and Curbs wasn't having that threat to his authority.

• SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised that Bowyer has given up on 2 of his new signings already. 

It's a really sad sign for me that Bowyer hasn't and won't ever be able to manage difficult players. It's known he holds grudges too. 

I am disappointed. 
    ....because they are difficult?
    There is a story from the Wiredu sale to Colchester about Bowyer not liking Wiredu buying a new car after he signed a new contract, so made him go back to the U23's... 
    Bowyer has form here with grudges unfortunately... 
  • Leuth said:
    I seriously, seriously question Bowyer's emotional intelligence tbh
    There's no need. We know he has little in this department. 

Who else is leaving or nearly joining us?!
  • edited February 2021
    So that's now 4 players that we signed in the summer we've shipped out 6 months later. 

Maybe we should ask Bowyer and Gallen why they signed them in the first place? 
     I t would be uncanny. Has this ever happened anywhere before?
     The by product of the cap maybe?

Can see now why it was so obvious something was up these last 6 weeks.
     Bowyer hates a big chunk of his squad!

Shit or bust for Bows now you'd have to think
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    I think the time for stressing will be if nobody signs however after signing Millar, Schwartz, Stockley and Smith I see the current action as very positive. Strap in folks!
    If nobody leaves then I'd say we had a decent window. Would've liked a CB but can understand if there's no one available better than Pratley and Pearce.
  • Otabor rumour seems to have stemmed from the Football League Zone twitter account - how reliable is it? Has quite a few followers but that could easily be because it has an official sounding name. Most of their tweets are pictures, which for whatever reason get more likes, and of done deals.

Could quite easily by BS. Like most of the crap posted on deadline day is.
  • Plan A Randall ❌

Plan B Kirk ❌

Plan C Solomon-Otabor ❌

Plan D ???
  • RedRobin said:

Says it all that a player would prefer to stay with club in a relegation battle, than come to us lol 
    So another winger we've missed out on! This, if JW and MM are leaving, is worrying in my mind, I don't think it'll have been a very good window if we fail to sign at least one more player who can be the creative outlet!
  • colthe3rd said:
    The Maddison fan club not taking this well.
    If it's one of Maddison and Williams, I can accept it. But getting rid of both seems like lunacy. 
  • My understanding is a big chunk of his squad dislike him. This can happen in football, and it isn't always necessary to be liked as long as you are respected, but a manager who is always right, never apologises and blames others when things go wrong generally finds it hard to change that dynamic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My understanding is a big chunk of his squad dislike him. This can happen in football, and it isn't always necessary to be liked as long as you are respected, but a manager who is always right, never apologises and blames others when things go wrong generally finds it hard to change that dynamic. 
    Are you talking about Maddison or Bowyer.

I get the feeling Bowyer doesn't have too many friends in our dressing room.
  • edited February 2021
    995632 said:
    SamE7 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm surprised that Bowyer has given up on 2 of his new signings already. 

It's a really sad sign for me that Bowyer hasn't and won't ever be able to manage difficult players. It's known he holds grudges too. 

I am disappointed. 
    ....because they are difficult?
    There is a story from the Wiredu sale to Colchester about Bowyer not liking Wiredu buying a new car after he signed a new contract, so made him go back to the U23's... 
    Bowyer has form here with grudges unfortunately... 
    It doesn't matter if your squad like you providing they respect you. If a well respected, long term player comes out and says "He's fucking lost it" I don't think you're doing too well in the respect stakes. 

HOWEVER 

Let's wait and see how the window pans out. 

• Leuth said:
    Management straight out of the "I was smacked as a child and turned out okay!" school
    Seriously you think Bowyer's approach to managing players is revolutionary and new?
  • Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
    Fair enough, this helps bring clarity to what on the surface looks a weird decision.

Does make you wonder what could have gone wrong which has meant he'd rather be playing at Bolton. There's a gap in our team for him to be a great player here.
    Are you talking about Maddison or Bowyer.

I get the feeling Bowyer doesn't have too many friends in our dressing room.
    think given that bit he means Bowyer. 
  • edited February 2021
    Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
    Sounds like something pretty tasty has happened - why can't you mention it? It's slightly off to post something like this then stop short of actually explaining?