Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Plan A Randall ❌

Plan B Kirk ❌

Plan C Solomon-Otabor ❌

Plan D ???
    Jonny Williams?
  • edited February 2021
    My understanding is a big chunk of his squad dislike him. This can happen in football, and it isn't always necessary to be liked as long as you are respected, but a manager who is always right, never apologises and blames others when things go wrong generally finds it hard to change that dynamic. 
    Are you talking about Maddison or Bowyer.

I get the feeling Bowyer doesn't have too many friends in our dressing room.
    I don't know about Maddison. What Bowyer said about Maddison's injury was a total disgrace and an embarrassment. Whatever the faults of the player, it is not something that can ever be acceptable. Of course there was going to be a falling out after that.
  • edited February 2021
    Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
     i could of told Bowyer that would probably happen even before we got him 
  • If so much of the squad don’t get on with bowyer maybe he mite have to go this shit can’t keep happening.
  • Otabor rumour seems to have stemmed from the Football League Zone twitter account - how reliable is it? Has quite a few followers but that could easily be because it has an official sounding name. Most of their tweets are pictures, which for whatever reason get more likes, and of done deals.

Could quite easily by BS. Like most of the crap posted on deadline day is.
    I know Will Unwin . He has worked for ITV and the Guardian . He is a credible journo . 
  • cazo said:
    If so much of the squad don’t get on with bowyer maybe he mite have to go this shit can’t keep happening.
    What keeps happening? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Must say I’m somewhat surprised at the lack of ITK’s today.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.
    Fair enough, this helps bring clarity to what on the surface looks a weird decision.
    No it doesn't it's made it even less clear. 

Also just like Solly's situation we get another if & when excuse for not telling a story. 

If you know, just say so ffs or say nothing.
    Well it makes clear that something has happened unrelated to football
  • Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
    Totally agree......but you have to ask yourself why Maddison doesn't want to be here anymore...? Might it be because his manager publicly slated him & when asked about his injury said he couldn't care. 

Loyalty works both ways.
    I also have to question though if Maddison has done or said something prior to Bowyer's "injury" comment

I'm not trying to find a narrative that supports Bowyer but even that from Lee was the sort of comment we've not heard before, was it in retaliation to a previous incident between the two, that potentially even Maddison has started?
  • cazo said:
    If so much of the squad don’t get on with bowyer maybe he mite have to go this shit can’t keep happening.
    What keeps happening? 
    TBF it has stopped happening recently, amidst speculation Bowyer has been spoken to from above. But the damage may have been done with some.
  • edited February 2021
    MattF said:
    How many people need to spell out MM is a bad egg. Good player but it’s widely known what a tool he is. 

I wish him all the best in his future career.
  • edited February 2021
    A loan now. That doesn't sound permanent. Or perhaps it does actually if your contract is up when your loan period is due to expire.
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    A loan now. That doesn't sound permanent. Or perhaps it does actually if you're contract is up when your loan period is due to expire.
    Could work wonders if he's not popular in the dressing room though
  • Not fussed if Maddison goes, clearly talented but Bowyer obviously doesn't like or trust him. 

Would like to keep Williams, when he starts we usually win. 

I do think our transfer policy is all over the place at the moment. This Smith player, is he any better than Lapslie for example for 6 months? 
  • Not fussed if Maddison goes, clearly talented but Bowyer obviously doesn't like or trust him. 

Would like to keep Williams, when he starts we usually win. 

I do think our transfer policy is all over the place at the moment. This Smith player, is he any better than Lapslie for example for 6 months? 
    Wont be surprised if Williams is going because we know we wont be able to re-sign him in the summer, unless of course we're a Championship club - Another team have come along and offered £200k now which is better than nothing in the summer so might have been the tipping point

Smith comes in instead of Lapslie because he doesnt impact the Salary Cap, Lapslie would have done
  • Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    How do you offer mega transfers, yet can only offer a pittance of a wage?
    Why are we shipping all our players out when you can't get better with the wage cap? 
    Bowyer is getting rid of the players he doesn't want. It's quite obvious.
    Well if he does that, and it all goes tits up, then there really isn't anyone else he can blame this time.
  • edited February 2021
    Maddison is clearly a complex charcter, and whatever you think of him, has bags of talent on the football pitch.

I am sure there is a way to manage Maddison, and I am sure there are some managers who can get the best out of him. He sounds to me a bit like a Kevin Pietersen type character who probably needs to be managed in a very different way to how you would want to and normally do.

I don't see Bowyer being that sort of person, and as much as I have disagreed with the way he has managed him, if it makes us a better team if he goes then it's the right decision for all those involved.