Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• The cull has begun. I'm fine with Maddison going if we can get Randall or Kirk coming in the other way.
    Big IF. 
  • Leuth said:
    A tragedy if it were to happen as the kid has got so much talent, but it's obvious that LB  has grave concerns about his attitude. In Bowyer I place my trust.
    I don't
    Yet Bowyer and the team, all the way down to the Sports Science dept. that'll have them on strict plans when they're away from training / matchday dont appear to agree with you...
  • Because MM was signed since the cap, would the 3.9k/ pw he is on (if I remember correctly) be freed up? That's massive if so.
  • The cull has begun. I'm fine with Maddison going if we can get Randall or Kirk coming in the other way.
    or Randall and Hopkirk ....
  • edited February 2021
    I said earlier on in this thread today that I'm sad to see JW go, and I hoped we would have got a perm in first to replace him. Now looks as though Madison going as well, so creative players going and no sign, to me, of anyone else coming in except the Gunners lad! We do seem to going down the route again of " We tried to get some players in but couldn't get them over the line", I hope I'm wrong!
  • Ofoborh signs on loan at Wycombe.
  • It’s a clear out. A much needed clear out.
    agreed, but a clear in would be nice too. We need to start rebuilding the squad with permanent signings on long contracts not loans and short term deals.
    Although the January window is not usually the best time to do it.

• Maddison to Bolton is absolutely bizarre when you consider his pedigree? I will be even more surprised if he accepts that move..

This could be a crazy couple of hours 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Maddison linked with Bolton on a permanent
    Maddison and JW out - with no wide players coming in would not be good 
    We really will be setting ourselves up for the Diamond this season... Lets wait and see where we are come tomorrow

I say that rather than 11pm because there will always be the chance of a deal being done late but left till tomorrow to announce
    Seeing as Maddison is ideal at the tip of the diamond... I am a bit concerned. 

Bowyer basically selling off the three players he has struggled to manage this season. 

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going
    Maddison - Potentially going. 
    Guess it may have to be Millar at the top of the diamond
    What if he gets injured or loses form? Albie to go there? There's no other option!
    Actually there is. Smith can be used there. 
  • I’m worried with both Williams and potentially Maddison going. Where will that bit of manic come from out of nothing to change a game? Watson and pratley?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    We really will be setting ourselves up for the Diamond this season... Lets wait and see where we are come tomorrow

I say that rather than 11pm because there will always be the chance of a deal being done late but left till tomorrow to announce

Bowyer basically selling off the three players he has struggled to manage this season. 

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going
    What if he gets injured or loses form? Albie to go there? There's no other option!
    The deal would be dependent on us getting in a replacement. We’re not going to give players away for the sake of it. It’s all a balancing act due to the stupid wage cap
  • Maddison has to have fallen out big time with Bowyer - a fall out that can’t be repaired - and given what happened at Peterborough, where the manager there washed his hands of him, it is likely the issue is to do with Maddison - that said, I imagine that if you fall out with Bowyer, it’s very difficult to get back on an equal footing with him

But if we lose Maddison and Williams, and don’t replace them today, that’s very poor on the part of the club
  • Ofoborh signs on loan at Wycombe.
    Ah, yes ...... he was a big part of their promotion push last season.

• Sponsored links:

• It really does look like there's lots of drama to come from now until 23.00hrs
  • Maddison to Bolton is absolutely bizarre when you consider his pedigree? I will be even more surprised if he accepts that move..

This could be a crazy couple of hours 
    Not really - he hadn't signed with anyone up until a few days before the summer window shut. I think it's quite clear from previous managers and now Bowyer that his attitude just simply isn't cutting it. We can all see how good he could be, so can they - slowly but surely he is falling down the leagues. It has to be attitude / desire. He was signed out of desperation, he is not a 'Bowyer' signing. I'm all for it if they believe they can get someone in who will work hard and offer more to the team
  • edited February 2021
    Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    How do you offer mega transfers, yet can only offer a pittance of a wage?
    Why are we shipping all our players out when you can't get better with the wage cap? 
    This x 100. Madness getting rid of all the experienced creative players & then bringing in inexperienced youngsters whi haven't proven that they can cut it. 

Looks like Bowyer wants a team of Steve Browns & Steve Gritts and not Claus Jensons & Paulo De Canios.
    neither Williams or Maddison are a great loss imo 
    Is that because they're not talented or because our manager can't/won't manage them? 
  • Maddison has to have fallen out big time with Bowyer - a fall out that can’t be repaired - and given what happened at Peterborough, where the manager there washed his hands of him, it is likely the issue is to do with Maddison - that said, I imagine that if you fall out with Bowyer, it’s very difficult to get back on an equal footing with him

But if we lose Maddison and Williams, and don’t replace them today, that’s very poor on the part of the club
    Curbs was no different as a Manager... Didnt he get rid of Shaun Newton in less than favourable circumstances?

Bowyer certainly isnt some revolutionary Manager that gets rid of players at the first sign of a disagreement
  • Exeter have signed a winger on loan from Newport.
    Interesting. Could mean nothing, or could be us clearing space in the squad to make room for Randall. It's not inconceivable that Bowyer and Gallen could have realised that around £1m is a lot for Randall, but it sounds like we've either been priced out or completely shut down in trying to get Kirk, so that price might actually just be where the market is. I think they'll all know that if we lose Maddison and Williams there will be expectation that someone comes in the other way or morale inside and outside the club might dip a bit.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going

The free role for Millar. We need him on the right left and centre. The boy is so talented that he needs to do his direct runs and many times that will need to be out wide to Open up defences.  He can play behind the strikers but where is our width ? 

The top of the diamond but with a licence to roam.
  • edited February 2021
    Honestly think Maddison signing in the first place was a bit of Bows thinking that he could be the one to finally get more out of him. Alas it hasn't really worked out that way.

Hope there's a couple of wingers/AMs on their way to give a target man like Stockley some service 

I agree with much of that ...... although there's 6 hours left, evidently irons in the fire, plenty of twists and turns still to come.

Remember, our signing of a player may be dependent of the selling club signing a replacement first.