Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Dizzle said:
    Weird. Either way, agents are proper scumbags
    Bit of a sweeping statement.  Many agents just look for the best opportunities for the player they represent.  

Some however are just as you say - scumbags

Sounds on this occasion as though an agent is agitating for a move against the wishes of the club.  His agent does appear to have 2 players on the books at Crewe so I'd guess George Downing to be the agent in question.  Also the agent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin so you'd think he doesn't need to stir up trouble!
    I know I’m in a shitty mood today anyway due to work and hearing talk of an agent meddling/scuppering a move led me to that. 

On the flip side, I went to school with Josh Davison’s agent and he’s a decent lad. I know not all of them are bad. In general, I suspect there are more scummy ones than decent ones but I get your point. 
  • Belv said:
    RedRobin said:
    Looks like the Crewe lad wasn’t as available as we’d thought and an agent has tried to force Crewe into selling. 

Also I pray these Jonny rumours aren’t true!! 
    I think its more that this agent is after a fee, as they mention 'a deal'.
    This is what's lost me.

Why would that affect anything? If he's not his agent, he doesn't get a fee. Simple?

If Crewe have accepted the offer and player is happy to join, I don't understand how that stops it?
    Yes i don't understand either. But if its happened before then this 'agent' obviously thinks he's involved somewhere.
  • Leuth said:
    In fact, if the only business we do from here on is to lose Williams but sign Shinnie permanently I'd still say it's a good window and deadline day. But then I think Maddison and Bowyer should be forced to kiss and make up 
    Who should lean into the kiss first? 
    I expect it would be Marcus but then I expect Pratley to come straight through the back of him, lips pre-puckered....
  • Belv said:
    RedRobin said:
    Looks like the Crewe lad wasn’t as available as we’d thought and an agent has tried to force Crewe into selling. 

This is what's lost me.

Why would that affect anything? If he's not his agent, he doesn't get a fee. Simple?

If Crewe have accepted the offer and player is happy to join, I don't understand how that stops it?
    has me flummoxed too ….
    Cause the agent thinks he's worth a lump of the cash that Crewe want to bring in 

• edited February 2021
    Wonder if this random Agent has approached Charlton... Here want to buy Kirk for £500k, we've jumped at the opportunity.

Agent has then gone back to Crewe where they've wondered who the hell he is... Yet have said no when he starts demanding 25% of the deal for himself

As someone said earlier; £500k does seem strange for an attacking player when a defensive one has gone (albeit to the league above) for £650k
  • OK is it time to get the super duper phone out yet ?
  • Article seems to have been removed from the Crewe site, who knows what that might mean. 
  • Anyone else think Matt Southall is the agent in question? He lives pretty near Crewe
    I am pretty sure Gallen and Lee wouldn't be engaging with that crisp-munching cockwomble
  • We really never do anything smoothly do we 🤣
  • Wonder if this random Agent has approached Charlton... Here want to buy Kirk for £500k, we've jumped at the opportunity.

Agent has then gone back to Crewe where they've wondered who the hell he is... Yet have said no when he starts demanding 25% of the deal for himself

This is my interpretation. Seems to also roughly fit with RC wanting to do some fact checking before he runs anything as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Article seems to have been removed from the Crewe site, who knows what that might mean. 
    Didn't get to read it, what did it say
  • Disappearance of the article gives some hope 🤞🏻
  • edited February 2021
  • mart77 said:
    Disappearance of the article gives some hope 🤞🏻
    Charlton have made direct contact with Crewe themselves maybe?
  • mart77 said:
    Disappearance of the article gives some hope 🤞🏻
    Charlton have made direct contact with Crewe themselves maybe?
    I think TS will really want us to get a decent perm in today so hopefully we’re working something out 
  • edited February 2021
    Look at us chomping at the bait. I'm off til this evening. Too pissed off that it seems like we have no plan C after losing out on A - Randell the Vandal and B - Admiral Kirk
  • Wouldn't read too much into the article being taken down.

It reminded me of some of the nonsense that appeared on our own OS. 

It sounded like the manager having a bit of a strop so it's either just been taken down because it's not helpful or to be replaced by a proper update.
  • I would guess that we've probably need talking to Crewe directly, sounds like the agent has been a problem for Crewe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Belv said:
    RedRobin said:

This is what's lost me.

has me flummoxed too ….
    Cause the agent thinks he's worth a lump of the cash that Crewe want to bring in 

but the agent isn't affiliated to either the player or Crewe so how can it affect anything?
  • Surely if both clubs and player are happy,they can just tell this prick to piss off.
  • edited February 2021
    Unless this fake agent has tried to scupper the deal to try and get Kirk to sign somewhere else?

Would make sense why we thought we had it in the bag and now frustrated and why Crewe are also unhappy?

Probably not but just looking at it from another angle.

• Belv said:
    Wouldn't read too much into the article being taken down.

It sounded like the manager having a bit of a strop so it's either just been taken down because it's not helpful or to be replaced by a proper update.
    There were some Bowyer quotes up this morning that were "intresting" and then quickly removed.  No idea why because they were in no way controversial. 
  • edited February 2021
    Our fee based transfers don't seem to reach the end of the wire :-(

I hope we don't weaken our squad come this time tonight!
  • If the Jonny Williams deal to Cardiff is off because Jonny sat down when asked to touch his toes I hope that he gives back the blow up sheep the Cafc lads bought him.

I may have been hasty in saying I prefer Kirk to Jonny  :#  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Belv said:
    Wouldn't read too much into the article being taken down.

There were some Bowyer quotes up this morning that were "intresting" and then quickly removed.  No idea why because they were in no way controversial. 
    What did they say?
  • Ffs quote system and auto save, sorry, nothing to see here 
  • Rothko said:
    Belv said:
    RedRobin said:

This is what's lost me.

has me flummoxed too ….

but the agent isn't affiliated to either the player or Crewe so how can it affect anything?
    Presumably this "agent" has been touting himself about as Kirk's representative and trying to do business and get a fee. The club has then reached out to Crewe and been told that the guy is a complete shyster and nothing to do with Kirk at all.

Hopefully we've then waved a wedge of money under the noses of Crewe and the REAL agent and can get something done but that seems unlikely (we're still Charlton after all.)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Maddison is a better player than Williams is
    What time is his move to a championship club being announced? 
    Stupid way to judge a player

We all know Chuks is better than Bonne but who's the one playing in the championship
    But we all know why Chuks isn't. 

Why has Maddison had one loan spell in the championship, that by any metric, was an absolute disaster, yet Williams is about to sign for a championship club for the 7th time?

All those managers can't be wrong can they? 
    7th is a slight exaggeration, but your point is valid. His career has been going backwards though, he can’t get into a League 1 team currently. 
    Yes 7 is wrong, it would actually be the 8th. That doesn't include Palace. 

He can't be going backwards, Bowyer said we improved him :wink:

No it will be the 6th time he signs for a different Championship club (not counting Ipswich as he rejoined them in 2014). Ipswich, Forest, MK Dons, Ipswich again, Sunderland and now Cardiff. Played about 65 times in those spells, scoring 3 goals. He's not done particularly well. 
    What divison were we in? 
    League 1
    Not the second time we signed him we weren't :smile:
    No if we’re being a bit pedantic I guess you are right. Personally I just see that as a new contract. I was never disagreeing with your point either way, he does keep the moves. But at the same time he isn’t really delivering either.