Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Incoming Nathan Eccleston on loan 
  • Leuth said:
    In fact, if the only business we do from here on is to lose Williams but sign Shinnie permanently I'd still say it's a good window and deadline day. But then I think Maddison and Bowyer should be forced to kiss and make up 
    Who should lean into the kiss first? 
  • Can see it now- Williams goes before a last minute bid for Chuks that we just couldn’t turn down and we’re left with less than we had at the start of the day. Proper Charlton. 
    I don't blame the skepticism, but I wonder what figure we'd even be tempted by for Chuks?

He's our biggest threat, we don't need to sell. Surely we wouldn't accept anything under 5 million? (Which nobody will ever offer)

Apologies when QPR come in with a late bid of like 14 million or something.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Can see it now- Williams goes before a last minute bid for Chuks that we just couldn’t turn down and we’re left with less than we had at the start of the day. Proper Charlton. 
    I don't blame the skepticism, but I wonder what figure we'd even be tempted by for Chuks?

He's our biggest threat, we don't need to sell. Surely we wouldn't accept anything under 5 million? (Which nobody will ever offer)

Apologies when QPR come in with a late bid of like 14 million or something.
    If QPR offered £14m for Aneke Id drive him there myself 
  • Leuth said:
    In fact, if the only business we do from here on is to lose Williams but sign Shinnie permanently I'd still say it's a good window and deadline day. But then I think Maddison and Bowyer should be forced to kiss and make up 
    Eewww .... thanks for the mental picture, Leuth.

• Leuth said:
    Maddison should go 51, Bowyer 49. 

YES I think Maddison could be marginally more in the wrong. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Maddison should go 51, Bowyer 49. 

YES I think Maddison could be marginally more in the wrong. 
    Yeah I agree... 
  • This is the problem with trying to get proper permanent deals done in January. Even the lad Blackburn have signed won’t be leaving Crewe until the summer. It’s a month for sellers, always has been.

If you want perms in this window you have to massively overpay to get them.
    I think it's a myth. For every Vidic, Evera, Saurez there is Carroll, Torres or a Chris Samba.

The difference is in January people expect the new signings to change their season round.  Remember when Harry bought the whole spurs reserve team, and Dean, and kept Pompey up when they were dead and buried? 

• Sponsored links:

• Incoming Nathan Eccleston on loan 
     The journeyman's journeyman!

I'm not a fan of Bowyers infatuation with  shuffling around the deckchairs, of which he seems to do on a weekly basis.
     But getting rid of deckchairs for those of the same or lesser quality makes no sense to me.
  • thenewbie said:
    Belv said:
    Belv said:
    Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
    It was fairly predictable to be fair. Another case of offering below the asking price and missing out.

That... Doesn't sound like it's what happened though? Cawley seems to be suggesting a little bit more to it than just not agreeing a fee.
    Maybe Williams has failed his medical/can't agree terms?  Probably wise for him to band that about. 
  • I've heard through a Cardiff mate Williams failed his medical. I'm not saying he did.
    Hilarious if that’s the reason we couldn’t sign Kirk
  • I've heard through a Cardiff mate Williams failed his medical. I'm not saying he did.
    Thats our Jonny!! 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Johnny Williams failing to get an assist one final time. 

How poetic.
    Won't be the final time by the sounds of it ;)
    If true I'd find it hilarious and bloody irritating. More proof that it is in fact the cap holding us back and not the available funds... for the first time in years that we've got money, but can't spend it. 
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I've heard through a Cardiff mate Williams failed his medical. I'm not saying he did.
    If true I'd find it hilarious and bloody irritating. More proof that it is in fact the cap holding us back and not the available funds... for the first time in years that we've got money, but can't spend it. 
    If that's the reason it means a 40ish k over spend (1.5k of JW's wages over 5 months) less than 2% of the cap, if we were exactly on the limit.  That's inside the tolerance of a small financial penalty, as a % of the over spend.  If we had the "money was no object" approach even a fine of the full amount wouldn't be that off putting would it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• That sounds very odd? So has some unaffiliated agent scuppered the deal by wanting a cut or something?
  • What a prick... Agent in question should be banned from the game!! 
  • Yeah, that's thrown me that one. Not sure I really understand.
    Heard this as well, which has stopped the Kirk deal... Whether that's true or not I do not know. 
  • Would be very disappointed now if we let Williams go and don't get Shinnie on a perm. 
  • How the f*** does that work
  • Weird. Either way, agents are proper scumbags