Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    RC_CAFC said:
    As I said, I reckon Crewe were probably playing both clubs so now they have got the money for the other winger AND got him back on loan, no need to sell the other one.
    Thats an extremely good shout
  • Offer more money!

I know it's not my money...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Maddison is a better player than Williams is
    What time is his move to a championship club being announced? 
    Stupid way to judge a player

We all know Chuks is better than Bonne but who's the one playing in the championship
    But we all know why Chuks isn't. 

Why has Maddison had one loan spell in the championship, that by any metric, was an absolute disaster, yet Williams is about to sign for a championship club for the 7th time?

All those managers can't be wrong can they? 
    7th is a slight exaggeration, but your point is valid. His career has been going backwards though, he can’t get into a League 1 team currently. 
    Yes 7 is wrong, it would actually be the 8th. That doesn't include Palace. 

He can't be going backwards, Bowyer said we improved him :wink:

No it will be the 6th time he signs for a different Championship club (not counting Ipswich as he rejoined them in 2014). Ipswich, Forest, MK Dons, Ipswich again, Sunderland and now Cardiff. Played about 65 times in those spells, scoring 3 goals. He's not done particularly well. 
    What divison were we in? 
    League 1
    Not the second time we signed him we weren't :smile:
  • Hopefully there's other deals on the go otherwise there's just Millar that can play wide .
  • Oh well, Crewe have raised a million in the window, which will probably be enough to keep them going. 
  • Maybe selling Pickering paid Crewe's bills for the season so they didn't need to sell Kirk.
    you would have thought though that the Pickering deal would have been ongoing for a few days so why were we confident of getting him this morning? What has changed I wonder.
  • BUT .. there is an article in the local Crewe paper decrying the consistent booing of Kirk by some Crewe fans last season .. evidently he wasn't tracking back and always shirked a tackle !! .. is he really a Bowyer battler then ?
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully there's other deals on the go otherwise there's just Millar that can play wide .
    You're just gonna straight-up ice your namesake like that
  • maybe the Randall deal has been re-ignited so we are back in with a chance of our 1st choice?
  • edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Any more news with the Crewe lad?

He's currently stuck on the M1
    🎼 He wanted to go to Birmingham (like most people do) but ended up in Crewe 🎼 - I'll get my coat 😉.
  • RedRobin said:
    Can’t see Chuks moving due to his awful injury record and the fact he can’t complete 90 minutes, very risky suppose clubs will take a punt if he becomes a free agent. 
    Could be like Solly . We keep due to some fragility. 
    Not saying i'd love that, but I certainly wouldn't be displeased. Especially if he can get his passing right.
  • Belv said:
    Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
    It was fairly predictable to be fair. Another case of offering below the asking price and missing out.
  • edited February 2021
    maybe the Randall deal has been re-ignited so we are back in with a chance of our 1st choice?

From RC tweet it suggested we are not happy and not our choice so don't think so. Might mean we go back for Randall though. 
  • It does feel like we move so slow sometimes.

As soon as Randall was off the table we should've been onto Kirk if we really wanted him. Ran it to deadline day maybe hoping to get a cheaper price. These small margins will cost us again.
  • edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully there's other deals on the go otherwise there's just Millar that can play wide .
    You're just gonna straight-up ice your namesake like that
    Hahahaha I honestly don't know where he fits in. Would be concerned playing him wide in a 442 . 

And no one seems to know when he'll be fit anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like it's been done early:

• Belv said:
    Belv said:

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
    It was fairly predictable to be fair. Another case of offering below the asking price and missing out.

That... Doesn't sound like it's what happened though? Cawley seems to be suggesting a little bit more to it than just not agreeing a fee.
  • edited February 2021
    This is the problem with trying to get proper permanent deals done in January. Even the lad Blackburn have signed won’t be leaving Crewe until the summer. It’s a month for sellers, always has been.

If you want perms in this window you have to massively overpay to get them.
    Even worse this year what with COVID

Just look at how pathetic the transfer window has been in the Premier League - Likes of Liverpool going after Preston players is perfect example of that 
  • thenewbie said:
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

That... Doesn't sound like it's what happened though? Cawley seems to be suggesting a little bit more to it than just not agreeing a fee.
    Wait and see I suppose but this is becoming a regular theme now.
  • Can see it now- Williams goes before a last minute bid for Chuks that we just couldn’t turn down and we’re left with less than we had at the start of the day. Proper Charlton. 
  • edited February 2021
    Belv said:
    thenewbie said:
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

Trouble is any transfer us incredibly difficult... You've effectively got three, even four parties to be happy to get a single deal across the line.

Only takes one no from a party involved to scupper it
  • Belv said:
    thenewbie said:
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

Trouble is any transfer us incredibly difficult... You've effectively got three, even four parties to be happy to get a single deal across the line.

Only takes one no from a party involved to scupper it
    WIOTOS
  • In fact, if the only business we do from here on is to lose Williams but sign Shinnie permanently I'd still say it's a good window and deadline day. But then I think Maddison and Bowyer should be forced to kiss and make up