Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• This time last year we were at the bottom of the barrel no money no signings (worth getting excited about) and a severely thin squad.  Am I the only one who is buzzin we are after signing players for positions we don’t even particularly need?!  What a position to be in during a revenue decimating pandemic, up the Charlton.

I will be even more so if Krik from Crewe is done or Randall from Exeter. It will show a real long term plan rather than short term patches we have had for so long. 

Whatever happens this season i am so positive and excited for the future. 
  • Always good to see a midfielder come in. Yes we have a few but the current crop just haven't hit it yet (Gilbey) or have one arse cheek on the coaching bench (Pratley/ Watson)

JFC
    Shinnie
    Morgan
    Smith
    Pratley
    That's the first choice starters and subs

Gilbey 
    Watson
    Fighting it out for best last spot. Given JFC could be one game away from an injury and Darren Yellow there's still life for them.

Millar Maddison for attacking mid spot/wide.
  • Im behind on this Matt Smith thing. So is this:

1). Not the Millwall Matt Smith

2) Not the shit Matt Smith from Man City who maybe wasn’t quite so shit because he has played 17 times this year for a better team than us 

3) Yet another Matt Smith about whom I know nothing 

It may be Matt Smith from ITV and BT on Loan to cover Scott Minto on Valley pass.
    Yes we're selling Scott Minto to Chelsea TV  ;)
    We were but Barness got the job first. 

• edited February 2021
    Paul Mullin has been linked, he has scored 20 goals for Cambridge this season! Can’t see us signing another striker unless one is on the move!! Probably BS.
  • Oggy Red said:
    mendonca said:
    I don't know why but this constant bigging up is doing my head in abit:

"He has improved as a player under us. The list is bloody endless – of people doing well and moving on."

That's not for our benefit, the fans.

It's so the media pick up on it and it gets known throughout football that we improve players.
    Then players want to come to us and Prem clubs want to lend us their bright young prospects.

But only if it's actually true though

I doubt Man City thought we improved the other Matt Smith, or Utd thought we improved Dylan Levitt
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Apparently Posh have rejected a seven figure bid for Mo Eisa from a league 1 club.
    If that is true, that would only be us. But that is a very big IF.
    No way that's us unless Chuks is off.  We couldn't pay him the wages anyway. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Paul Mullin has been linked, he has scored 20 goals for Cambridge this season! Can’t see us signing another striker unless one is on the move!! Probably BS.
    Maybe Chuks is off. Can’t believe that we won’t get any bids for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Maddison

Doesn't look too bad like that. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    Well Bows and Gallen said they were trying to shuffle the pack in this window and it’s good to see that they’re making the tough calls. I see Will Grigg is being linked with Mk Dons so that may free up space if they want Maddison. Would be a hugely risky move as if he settles he could fly them up the table.
    Grigg looked to have a lot to offer Sunderland for league 1 and has been an absolute failure. 5 goals in 3 seasons for £4m!
    Remember the melt down that they signed Grigg and we ended up with Parker........... 
    I think Grigg would have done ok next to Taylor though. The cost was mental mind, not worth that 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Maddison is a better player than Williams is
    What time is his move to a championship club being announced? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Is he? - Would certainly argue Williams is a better player in the dressing room
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Maddison

Don't believe Smith is a cdm. Think he is more attacking than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t see Chuks moving due to his awful injury record and the fact he can’t complete 90 minutes, very risky suppose clubs will take a punt if he becomes a free agent. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Stupid way to judge a player

We all know Chuks is better than Bonne but who's the one playing in the championship
    But we all know why Chuks isn't. 

Why has Maddison had one loan spell in the championship, that by any metric, was an absolute disaster, yet Williams is about to sign for a championship club for the 7th time?

All those managers can't be wrong can they? 
  • edited February 2021
    mart77 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Bogle, Lapslie, Doughty, Smyth, Williams(?) Oztumer(?) out
    Stockley, Smith, Millar, Schwartz, Kirk(?) in.... Is that a good window overall
    I’d have liked one more youngster on a perm but those changes have to be a big upgrade.
    Yep, good window for me. Shame Bowyer can't work with either Williams or Oztumer as they've done well it at this level previously, but Kirk seems to be a decent upgrade option given his age. 
    I also really like how Kirk has played 120 games in 2 and a half seasons which I’d guess is similar to JW anc Ozzy combined
    Williams/Ozzy 113
    Kirk 119
    And he’s much younger. Really liking the small green shoots I’m seeing. Hungry, young squad needs to be where we are heading with a long term plan beyond whatever happens this season.
    Just checked his stats. 25 goals and 30 assists in 119 games, vs 5 and 9 in 113 for the Ozzilliams pair. 

Obviously different levels played, but seems an exciting prospect, which I am in every doubt we'll get done! :lol:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

We all know Chuks is better than Bonne but who's the one playing in the championship

Why has Maddison had one loan spell in the championship, that by any metric, was an absolute disaster, yet Williams is about to sign for a championship club for the 7th time?

7th is a slight exaggeration, but your point is valid. His career has been going backwards though, he can’t get into a League 1 team currently. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    Well Bows and Gallen said they were trying to shuffle the pack in this window and it’s good to see that they’re making the tough calls. I see Will Grigg is being linked with Mk Dons so that may free up space if they want Maddison. Would be a hugely risky move as if he settles he could fly them up the table.
    Grigg looked to have a lot to offer Sunderland for league 1 and has been an absolute failure. 5 goals in 3 seasons for £4m!
    Remember the melt down that they signed Grigg and we ended up with Parker........... 
    Yes, but Bowyer would have turned Will Grigg into Lewandowski. 
  • edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Sadly the games are played on the pitch no matter what people think, though a happy dressing room is a big plus. 

Get Jim Davison in before each match. He would do it for free. 
    Like the post above though... Williams is going back to the Championship yet again though, Maddison has played a handful of games

Funny how the Managers keep getting that one wrong
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Bogle, Lapslie, Doughty, Smyth, Williams(?) Oztumer(?) out
    Stockley, Smith, Millar, Schwartz, Kirk(?) in.... Is that a good window overall
    I’d have liked one more youngster on a perm but those changes have to be a big upgrade.
    Yep, good window for me. Shame Bowyer can't work with either Williams or Oztumer as they've done well it at this level previously, but Kirk seems to be a decent upgrade option given his age. 
    I also really like how Kirk has played 120 games in 2 and a half seasons which I’d guess is similar to JW anc Ozzy combined
    Williams/Ozzy 113
    Kirk 119
    And he’s much younger. Really liking the small green shoots I’m seeing. Hungry, young squad needs to be where we are heading with a long term plan beyond whatever happens this season.
    Just checked his stats. 25 goals and 30 assists in 119 games, vs 5 and 9 in 113 for the Ozzilliams pair. 

Obviously different levels played, but seems an exciting prospect, which I am in every doubt we'll get done! :lol:

Different levels but like you say, exciting. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Maddison

Don't believe Smith is a cdm. Think he is more attacking than that. 
    Quite right I misread where he's played. He's played twice at CDM and scored one of his goals there as well as winning that game 3-1. they lost the other 2-0 against Blackpool... Maybe don't play him there!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

7th is a slight exaggeration, but your point is valid. His career has been going backwards though, he can’t get into a League 1 team currently. 
    Yes 7 is wrong, it would actually be the 8th. That doesn't include Palace. 

He can't be going backwards, Bowyer said we improved him :wink:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CDM 
    Smith/Pratley/Watson

CM 
    Shinnie/Morgan
    F.Caskey/Gilbey

CAM 
    Millar/Williams

Would have been better. 

Stalker.

Maddy always gets the right pizzas delivered.