Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    mart77 said:
    I still think two more midfielders could sign today!
    I'm going for Kirk or no one else

Although in terms of those already here wont be surprised if Shinnie joins us on a permanent basis
  • Back to the diamond? We’ve seen Millar play the free role well.

Amos
    Gunter Inniss Famewo Maatsen
    JFC
    Shinnie Smith
    Millar
    Schwartz Aneke
  • Another centre back would also push Barker further down the pecking order, would rather give him a chance than an unproven youngster from elsewhere 
    I think he’ll get out to men’s football very soon on loan

Amos
    JFC
    Shinnie Smith
    Millar
    Schwartz Aneke
    This looks far too exciting and watchable 
  • It would be great to see more games from a midfielder like the one at the Valley v Oxford. 

Shinnie produced 2 moments that won us the game. The excellent bit of play to control/play Washington through for the 1st and a free kick goal for the second. 

Amos
    JFC
    Shinnie Smith
    Kirk
    Millar Aneke
    OR this...
  • esseffect said:
    What centre back would want to sign for us in the bases of being 4th/5th choice? 
    One that’s better than at least 3 of the others

Amos
    JFC
    Shinnie Smith
    Millar
    Schwartz Aneke
    Ignoring your inclusion of injured players and given Bowyer's description and where Smith has played, I think it's more likely we'll see:

Amos
    Matthews - Gunter - Oshilaja - Maatsen
    Smith
    Shinnie - F.Caskey
    Millar
    Schwartz - Aneke

Only one loan space on the bench... 

• Sponsored links:

• Smith has played 90 minutes 24 times this season for Swindon. 

We will soon put a stop to that.

Disappointing to hear his battery doesn't run out at 60mins.
  • edited February 2021
    Think as @Sage has succinctly pointed out in the past, and has clear been inline with his upturn in form - but JFC is a much better player when he has license to get forward and is not sitting in front of the defense. So I would rather he kept his place in the centre of midfield.
  • edited February 2021
    Bow's views on a CB has made me think about Club captain Pearce. When will he actually get his chance to play again then? He is actually 6th choice at the back in L1. Owch.
  • cabbles said:
    Im behind on this Matt Smith thing. So is this:

1). Not the Millwall Matt Smith

2) Not the shit Matt Smith from Man City who maybe wasn’t quite so shit because he has played 17 times this year for a better team than us 

3) Yet another Matt Smith about whom I know nothing 
    Matt Smith is the new Dembele...I got so confused when there were about 5 of them on the scene a few years back 
    Haha good point with that. I always think back to when there seemed to be several Lua Lua’s playing. 
  • Leuth said:
    Maybe we won't play Pratley OR Watson! Maybe we'll set up to cause the opposition problems rather than purely stop them, give the ball to Millar and inshallah
    Is this the beginning of a Muslim prayer?
  • edited February 2021
    CB Order:

RCB
    Inniss
    Oshilaja
    Gunter

LCB
    Famewo
    Oshilaja
    Pearce

Oshilaja being the complete bridesmaid there... 
  • Think as @Sage has succinctly pointed out in the past, and has clear been inline with his upturn in form - but JFC is a much better player when he has license to get forward and is not sitting in front of the defense. So I would rather he kept his place in the centre of midfield.
    Strongly disagree. JFC has looked lost when played wide, or as one of the two in a diamond. When he's played centrally - whether as DM or otherwise - he's looked great. Having him as the more defensive of a midfield two makes perfect sense 
  • Sponsored links:

• Winter deadline day 2022 loan signing confirmed

He was on Leicester's books I think?!?
  • edited February 2021
    Belv said:
    RedRobin said:
    Belv said:
    Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
    He signed a three year deal in 2018 so by my reckoning he’s in the last 5/6 months of that contract so can see them cashing in if he isn’t going to sign a new deal! That’s unless he signed a new deal since then. 
    Signed a new deal in the summer I read earlier today.
    I stand corrected, just read he signed a year extension in the summer. To your point they’ll probably consolidate their place in the league this season selling their best players in January. Makes no sense to me. 
  • So so so many midfielders. Tempted to send Shinnie back just so we can have all 5 loans at once
  • So apart from Wiredu...

1. Who are we expecting to depart before tonight
    2. Who do you have a sneaky feeling might depart by tonight
  • edited February 2021
    So apart from Wiredu...

I have a feeling that our day is done. Maybe some more youth players could go out on loan, maybe even some first teamers. Basically can only see us loaning out now. I do not see Williams going. 
  • Kirk sounds like future captain material

Conor Gallagher plays well for Charlton (He was excellent TBF) in the Championship and he is then going to be a future England Captain !  Watch him for WBA and his main trick is getting in the box and falling over.

He'll send back Maatsen to free up 5 loan spaces. "Purrington did a great job last game, so reliable, Ian just doesn't have the experience and I see him as more of a midfielder anyway, good luck to him, also we have Adam Matthews"

And then he'll sell Albie Morgan

Maddison perhaps.

1) Williams, Maybe Oz.
    2) Maddison if someone actually will take him. Would not be totally shocked if Gilbey was loaned to gain fitness for next season but properly better off here so can be worked on. 
  • I think Jonny out and Kirk or similar in. I don't know enough about Smith but if he can play in the Pratley role then that's very pleasing and we aren't desperate for any other replacements.