Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Guess Wiredu is potentially another Dempsey

If he's going to be out of contract in the summer then renewing will mean he's going to effect the Salary Cap - Clubs shouldn't be allowed to stockpile but clubs with decent academies at this level are being forced to make knee jerk reactions because of it.

Charlie Kirk and Crewe is probably another perfect example where the club who produced the player either cant afford to keep them (because they've outgrown the club) or because they're going to take up a spot in the Salary Cap because they've not quite reached the level as yet.

Am bored of saying it, am sure people are bored of reading it... But its the part of the cap that is fucking insane!!
  • Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
  • Chunes said:
    Where is Wiredu going?
    Colchester
  • Seems like there's been a few issues with Wiredu, never mentioned by Bowyer and clearly one of our more talented current academy players. Agree with the above that he will probably be very good for whoever signs him. Wish him the best of luck, assume he doesn't count towards the cap as he wasn't in the squad. 
  • edited February 2021
    Belv said:
    Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

18 months left on his contract, Crewe in with a shout of the play-offs themselves, why would they sell an asset to a rival for that price?
    He signed a three year deal in 2018 so by my reckoning he’s in the last 5/6 months of that contract so can see them cashing in if he isn’t going to sign a new deal! That’s unless he signed a new deal since then. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Have a feeling Maddison will be offloaded as well tbh
    Agreed, but cant think of any team who would want to take him on. Imagine it will be another league one club but cant see it being a promotion rival or Maddison would fancy playing for a relegation battler.
    Someone like Wycombe or Rotherham might be ideal... Gives him the chance to play in the Championship again
    I’ve heard Sunderland are interested in Maddison but need a player or two to leave first 
  • edited February 2021
    I saw this season as make or break for Wiredu as we don't ever seem to hold any young players in the U23's up to the age of 22. Seems to be make it by 21 or gone. 

Quite a few other kids due to expire this summer too. 

MFDempsey30/06/21
    MFVennings30/06/21
    MFWiredu30/06/21
    CBMingi30/06/21
    CBVega30/06/21
    FWClayden30/06/21
    FWAoucharia30/06/21
    GKHarness30/06/21
    GKOsaghe30/06/21
    MFQuitirna30/06/21
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I saw this season as make or break for Wiredu as we don't ever seem to hold any young players in the U23's up to the age of 22. Seems to be make it by 21 or gone. 

MFDempsey30/06/21
    MFVennings30/06/21
    MFWiredu30/06/21
    CBMingi30/06/21
    CBVega30/06/21
    FWClayden30/06/21
    FWAoucharia30/06/21
    GKHarness30/06/21
    GKOsaghe30/06/21
    MFQuitirna30/06/21
    Would be surprised if any stay other than Vennings and Osaghe, maybe Aoucharia will get one last year given his injuries
  • RedRobin said:
    Belv said:
    Don't think £500k will be enough to get Kirk.

He signed a three year deal in 2018 so by my reckoning he’s in the last 5/6 months of that contract so can see them cashing in if he isn’t going to sign a new deal! That’s unless he signed a new deal since then. 
    Signed a new deal in the summer I read earlier today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quitirna simply has to stay. He’s one of our standout players and I can’t see why he’s not already had a chance in the first team.

If he's going to be out of contract in the summer then renewing will mean he's going to effect the Salary Cap - Clubs shouldn't be allowed to stockpile but clubs with decent academies at this level are being forced to make knee jerk reactions because of it.

Charlie Kirk and Crewe is probably another perfect example where the club who produced the player either cant afford to keep them (because they've outgrown the club) or because they're going to take up a spot in the Salary Cap because they've not quite reached the level as yet.

Am bored of saying it, am sure people are bored of reading it... But its the part of the cap that is fucking insane!!
    Surely the cap should at least go to the limit of youth football. U23's. Not U21's I still don't get that you can sign a 20 year old on 5k a week, In the season where the cap affects them that is converted to 1.7k a week for cap calculations... It's lunacy.
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

MFDempsey30/06/21
    MFVennings30/06/21
    MFWiredu30/06/21
    CBMingi30/06/21
    CBVega30/06/21
    FWClayden30/06/21
    FWAoucharia30/06/21
    GKHarness30/06/21
    GKOsaghe30/06/21
    MFQuitirna30/06/21
    Would be surprised if any stay other than Vennings and Osaghe, maybe Aoucharia will get one last year given his injuries
    I've heard Mingi mentioned a lot, but doubt he'll stay as you say. I'd certainly see Aoucharia as one deserving another year, or even 6 months. 

These ones I couldn't find contract dates for:
    CBFrench
    DFNess
    FWGhandour
    GKHarvey
    LBAidoo
    MFAllsop
    RBBarton
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

MFDempsey30/06/21
    MFVennings30/06/21
    MFWiredu30/06/21
    CBMingi30/06/21
    CBVega30/06/21
    FWClayden30/06/21
    FWAoucharia30/06/21
    GKHarness30/06/21
    GKOsaghe30/06/21
    MFQuitirna30/06/21
    I've heard Mingi mentioned a lot, but doubt he'll stay as you say. I'd certainly see Aoucharia as one deserving another year, or even 6 months. 
    Reminds me of Ben Davison and Mikhail Kennedy

Both got six month contracts because of serious injury that delayed them the opportunity to prove themselves
  • Cawley saying a deal is done 
  • Surely cant be Kirk this quick... Must be Matt Smith?
  • RedRobin said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    No chance of him coming here. West Ham made a bid for him only the other day
    Yeah just read West Ham and Rangers both looking at him plus the usual agent links-Juventus, Bayern, Man City lol he’s out of contract in the summer so will be moving. 

The time to have got Baah was when he was realeased from Palace. The *Kinetic foundations link with Rochdale saw him leave London to go up North and get 1st team football while he was still 16.

*Norrington-Davies had a loan spell at Dale.
    Joe Aribo (Mr Tickle: nick name as all arms and legs as youngster according to boss of Kinetic) stayed in London and went to Staines.

The reason we need CB is how do we know Famewo and Inniss won't keep having injury set backs this season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Surely cant be Kirk this quick... Must be Matt Smith?
    We may have been working on the deal for a few days to be fair but Smith is probably more likely. 
  • edited February 2021
    Guess Wiredu is potentially another Dempsey

100% this, plus while league 1 and 2 teams are having to do a great deal of work chopping and changing squads and losing talented youngsters, the championship and premier league just carry on with no cap or limit to how many youngsters they can keep or loan out.

All this cap is currently doing is making sure the top 44 teams in the country stay the strongest. It’ll be more and more difficult for league 1 teams to stay up when promoted to championship.  
  • Im behind on this Matt Smith thing. So is this:

1). Not the Millwall Matt Smith

2) Not the shit Matt Smith from Man City who maybe wasn’t quite so shit because he has played 17 times this year for a better team than us 

3) Yet another Matt Smith about whom I know nothing 

100% this, plus while league 1 and 2 teams are having to do a great deal of work chopping and changing squads and losing talented youngsters, the championship and premier league just carry on with no cap or limit to how many youngsters they can keep or loan out. 
    Funny you should say that given Rich Cawley's comments about Nottm Forest signing Glenn Murray

• We’re in business #TansferDeadlineDay
  • Smith in as a loan, confirmed