Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Really hope that's not true. For Jonny's sake. 
  • If williams ends up leaving and we don't sign someone else then I'll be annoyed but if we manage to keep him I'm happy with our squad for the second half of the season 
  • With this Crewe / Agent talk the cynical side of me notices Crewe isnt far from Manchester... We at Charlton have seen of late how many dodgy characters are up there of late, would we be surprised if there are more? 
  • Meltdown at 11.01pm tonight when you realise our midfield is going to be 

Shinnie Pratley Smith Watson JFC with Maatsen operating as lone forward 
  • Williams going but someone else in = I'd be happy enough with that.
    Williams doesn't end up going = if Bowyer then starts actually using Williams a bit more and we lose him at the end of the season... Not great but I could deal with it.
    Williams goes but not replaced/stays bit never seen again = FFS THIS SHIT AGAIN!?

I'm not brave enough to start putting odds/percentages on those but I have a bad feeling here.
  • edited February 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• With this Crewe / Agent talk the cynical side of me notices Crewe isnt far from Manchester... We at Charlton have seen of late how many dodgy characters are up there of late, would we be surprised if there are more? 
    had a run in with some one who i can only now describe as a con-man a couple of years back, who had a really thick manc accent. Almost caused some one i work closely with to lose 30k and myself to lose about 4k, if only thanks to the fact he involved a major multinational who we thankfully ended up working directly with and earning a lot more. But after that and whats happened at charlton i'm now basically racist against mancs...
  • Belv said:
    Why would anyone be happy to keep JW now?

The only reason he's staying now is because of failing a medical. Hardly great news.
    I mean our bar for passing a medical is if you can breathe and have two walking legs then you're a guaranteed starter so I'm sure Williams will be in the starting 11 on Tues.  
  • Looks like the Crewe lad wasn’t as available as we’d thought and an agent has tried to force Crewe into selling. 

Also I pray these Jonny rumours aren’t true!! 
  • thenewbie said:
    Williams going but someone else in = I'd be happy enough with that.
    Williams doesn't end up going = if Bowyer then starts actually using Williams a bit more and we lose him at the end of the season... Not great but I could deal with it.
    Williams goes but not replaced/stays bit never seen again = FFS THIS SHIT AGAIN!?

I'm not brave enough to start putting odds/percentages on those but I have a bad feeling here.
    IF this is true and Williams has failed his medical, maybe people can finally get off Bowyer's back a bit for being careful with him. He has been saying for quite a long time that his body needs very careful management.
  • I've heard through a Cardiff mate Williams failed his medical. I'm not saying he did.
    Now, who was saying Johnny wasn't injury prone?
    It was just Lee Bowyer not playing him when he's more than capable of playing all the games?
  • iamdan said:
    Spotted Darren Purse outside New Eltham train station. 
    Was he waiting for Hayden Mullins?
    The population of Greater Manchester is nearly 3 million people.  The population of "places near Crewe" is probably double that. 

But yes a former associate of Kia did enter my mind, but was born in South East London so stop all this geographicalist language. 

Wibble 
  • MattF said:
    This guy is a cockwomble so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to him. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Looks like the Crewe lad wasn’t as available as we’d thought and an agent has tried to force Crewe into selling. 

I think its more that this agent is after a fee, as they mention 'a deal'.
  • Sponsored links:

• For clarity, the ‘journo’ and not JW
  • Dizzle said:
    Weird. Either way, agents are proper scumbags
    Bit of a sweeping statement.  Many agents just look for the best opportunities for the player they represent.  

Some however are just as you say - scumbags

Sounds on this occasion as though an agent is agitating for a move against the wishes of the club.  His agent does appear to have 2 players on the books at Crewe so I'd guess George Downing to be the agent in question.  Also the agent of Dominic Calvert-Lewin so you'd think he doesn't need to stir up trouble!
  • Smith has played 90 minutes 24 times this season for Swindon. 

We will soon put a stop to that.

Disappointing to hear his battery doesn't run out at 60mins.
    Something I was about to post. I hope he is not expecting that sort of game time here as I'm sure he will be "rotated" just like Williams, Levitt, Gilbey, Shinnie, Morgan, Maddisson & JFC.

If Matt Smith IV can play really well and has the fitness and stamina, he may play every game just like Liam Millar will do to the end of season.

The difference is in Midfield we have JFC, Morgan, Shinnie to name just 3 so various player may go back to the bench from that lot as they are all good players when they are on their A game. Having good legs in midfield for 98 odd minutes is important.
    JFC and Shinnie will struggle for 98 minutes, Morgan and Smith not so much.

• RedRobin said:
    Looks like the Crewe lad wasn’t as available as we’d thought and an agent has tried to force Crewe into selling. 

This is what's lost me.

Why would that affect anything? If he's not his agent, he doesn't get a fee. Simple?

If Crewe have accepted the offer and player is happy to join, I don't understand how that stops it?
  • colthe3rd said:
    Crewe just told Harry Pickering to Blackburn for 650,000. was hoping we'd take a look at him in the summer.

Surely a similar fee would get Kirk. 

We are signing his brother Ronnie. 
    Who?
    I'm Ronnie Pickering thats who!!!

Was Ronnie Pickering the guy who did the Harry Redknapp impersonation and wound his car window down to comment.
  • Have seen online that Williams was having his medical 5 hours ago so there may be something in the rumour. I mean, surely if it went smoothly it would have been announced by now.
  • Belv said:
    RedRobin said:

This is what's lost me.

Why would that affect anything? If he's not his agent, he doesn't get a fee. Simple?

If Crewe have accepted the offer and player is happy to join, I don't understand how that stops it?
    has me flummoxed too ….