Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Potential outgoings in the window:

Bogle
    Smyth
    Doughty
    Maddison
    Williams

Quite a lot of work to do to strengthen the squad from here. So far, just Stockley feels like a recent beefing up of the team.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:
    Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    What are you talking about? We've been in for 2 players (that we know of) and offered £500k plus?!
    I offer exhibit a) Max Gradel or exhibit b) Ivan Toney :wink:

You can't blame people if they are a bit sceptical until they actually see something actually happen.

So far it has been frees, loans and one small fee hasn't it? 

The constant negativity does my head in, I'll be honest. We barely had a team to support, we have an awful wage cap to deal with, it's the January transfer window - people need to chill a bit
  • edited February 2021
    MattF said:
    TS working magic on his super deal phone.
    "super aftale telefon"

So we're selling off all our creative players? Nice.

If Williams and Maddison go, that'll probably be like 4.5k off the salary cap allowance per week. 
  • Maddison to Bolton is baffling. Have we decided that Millar is decent so we don’t need any other creativity?
    Miller is just one torn hamstring away from injury, remember.

If only players never, ever got injured!

• It could be that if Jonny’s move is off, we need to ship someone else out to make space for those still to come in. Trying to stay optimistic and anyway will be happy if Jonny does stay.
  • I think TS is getting ready for his best pain relief device and probably sending a few to SE7.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Cap space aplenty 
  • If we shift both Jonny and Maddison then we will definitely need to get someone else in. Hopefully we're pushing for the players we really want rather than casting about for anyone we can get hold of. Doesn't say much for Maddison if the move on for him is to League 2 though. He will have dropped two divisions in a year.
  • League 2 is a major fall from grace. How are Bolton doing financially now? Seems a very odd move
  • Sounds like we're relying on frees, loans and cheap moves. 

Thought this was a brand new era? 
    How do you offer mega transfers, yet can only offer a pittance of a wage?
    Why are we shipping all our players out when you can't get better with the wage cap? 
  • A tragedy if it were to happen as the kid has got so much talent, but it's obvious that LB  has grave concerns about his attitude. In Bowyer I place my trust.
    Yep, Bowyer has got the rest of the squad and the dressing room to keep together in good spirits.

It's always been up to Maddison if he wants to sing along to the tune.

• mart77 said:
    Maddison linked with Bolton on a permanent
    Maddison and JW out - with no wide players coming in would not be good 
    We really will be setting ourselves up for the Diamond this season... Lets wait and see where we are come tomorrow

I say that rather than 11pm because there will always be the chance of a deal being done late but left till tomorrow to announce
    Seeing as Maddison is ideal at the tip of the diamond... I am a bit concerned. 

Bowyer basically selling off the three players he has struggled to manage this season. 

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going
    Maddison - Potentially going. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    We must really not want him if were shipping him to Bolton. Wow.

When he hit that screamer when coming on as a sub and was hitting some good passes I thought he was going to progress but he went back on the bench and didn't get on against Hull. His last game when he came on and appeared to get hurt straight away was surreal and Bowyers comments afterwards suggested he didn't believe MM was hurt and pulled out of tackles.

No way back from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• A tragedy if it were to happen as the kid has got so much talent, but it's obvious that LB  has grave concerns about his attitude. In Bowyer I place my trust.
    I don't
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    We really will be setting ourselves up for the Diamond this season... Lets wait and see where we are come tomorrow

I say that rather than 11pm because there will always be the chance of a deal being done late but left till tomorrow to announce

Bowyer basically selling off the three players he has struggled to manage this season. 

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going
    Guess it may have to be Millar at the top of the diamond
  • I like Maddison but there's no point keeping him if he's not going to get a game again. But as always, he has to be replaced. 
  • Maddison to Bolton?
  • It’s a clear out. A much needed clear out.
    agreed, but a clear in would be nice too. We need to start rebuilding the squad with permanent signings on long contracts not loans and short term deals.
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:

Bogle - Gone
    Williams - Going
    Guess it may have to be Millar at the top of the diamond
    What if he gets injured or loses form? Albie to go there? There's no other option!
  • We've been linked with a few wingers, I think it's fair to say that MM has been offered out to make room for one of these. There's no way they would just get rid of him without bringing in someone else
  • Would free up a large chunk of the wage bill if he goes you'd imagine.
  • mendonca said:
    Potential outgoings in the window:

Bogle
    Smyth
    Doughty
    Maddison
    Williams

Quite a lot of work to do to strengthen the squad from here. So far, just Stockley feels like a recent beefing up of the team.
    3 of those are not fit for 90 minutes one is useless and the other a lightweight, so not hard to get an upgrade