Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What Bowyer said about Maddison is on public record. What Maddison has said about Bowyer isn't.
    Would you feel differently if you knew what Maddison had said was on public record?
    Well knowing both sides to an argument does change things. 

I might turn around as @Sage suggests and go "Oh okay if he's done that, that's completely unacceptable and I agree with Bowyer on this one"
    But thats why I dont know how people can criticise Lee when they only know half the story

Was no different when Chris Solly got vilified on here, people only had half the knowledge so he was the villain

Said it at the time, you cant go on Jury Service, hear one side of the story and then pass judgement.

I think there always has to be good reasons why a lot doesnt appear in the public domain
    Then people who know the whole story should say.
    Well then thats their right to tell or not ... Not mine to say it on their behalf

Wasnt there a comment about Dr Kish who knew about Coquelin (?) being recalled by Arsenal, didnt want his source at Sparrows Lane to get in trouble for passing on what was confidential information so "leaked" it to some Arsenal fan so they could report it as their own news.
    Yes. 

Chris Thompson was more interested in getting the information to everyone than score a cheap exclusive. 
    I’m not here to score a cheap exclusive. I’ve sat on this information for a few days at least, other members on here can verify that. I even PM a lifer on here to say I’m going to take the stick that will come and put out a post that will let people know it all comes down to Maddison and that Bowyer is not at fault.

People can be annoyed and rather I not say anything that’s genuinely fine with me. But I recognise that many others would be interested and appreciate it.
    I appreciate all your insider input around injuries etc, but this feels like someone in the Bowyer camp is trying to keep you onside. If it's that bad it should be public knowledge of those that support the club and put money into it. 
    This is some real conspiracy theorist twisting. Sage has never posted anything like this before and I'm inclined to believe them. Which is more likely: the so-called 'Bowyer camp' have started feeding fake tidbits of information to forum users to create a conspiracy so a player who's played 8 games can be bundled out of the club without the fans rioting, or you've spent the day criticising Bowyer and Loling posts that you don't agree with and now might be feeling a bit silly if it turns out Maddison leaving is down to him not behaving himself properly, which is something he has a storied history of?

What I heard is that he has pretended to be injured on numerous occasions in training and trudged off to the medical room and left the other players training. He's then on his arse in bed later on with no confirmed injury and posting bollox on social media.
    Imagine players seeing a team mate do that  not once but twice hasn't gone down well. 
    The medical team know he's a lazy bullshitter, the manager knows it, and now the players know it. 

Everyone knows it bar a couple of people who inexplicably condone it.
    But if you're spearheading the Bowyer out campaign I suppose you don't want to lose face.
    If the situation was that bad why take him to Hull, for example, and name him on the bench, or bring him on against Accrington?

I don't think anyone "spearheading any campaign" has suggested he played since?

Iirc the criticism was of playing neither him nor Williams when both were on the bench. If they were so "broken" why not stick one of the u23s on the bench? 
  • I hear Dele Ali wont be going to PSG now. Could be worth a punt or not the type of player Bowyer wants....?
  • Plan A Randall ❌

Plan B Kirk ❌

Plan C Solomon-Otabor ❌

Plan D ???
    Plan D Jordan Graham ❌

Plan E ???
    Scrabble around for free agents after Millar pulls a hamstring tomorrow evening...
  • Re the Kirk signing.

For the record I am absolutely not ITK.

I realise I am clutching at straws but the quote from David Artell quoting the story on their official site has been removed from that site. 

It is still available on Google's cache :smile:

Boss disappointed with unofficial agent meddling on deadline day.

David Artell has again reiterated that an agent who is not officially associated to Charlie Kirk has again meddled in the club’s affairs on deadline day.

Kirk has been linked with League One side Charlton Athletic earlier today and Artell told the club’s official website at his press briefing: “All I will say about that is that the same agent, who tried to get involved in another deal earlier this month, is trying to get involved again.

“That is all I will say about it.”

Should it just be an IT blip apologies - here is the link just in case my post looks silly in a few minutes - https://www.crewealex.net/news/2021/february/artell-on-kirk-link/

• Chunes said:
    I remember thinking that the Maddison injury was one of the strangest I've seen. He was standing still and then all of a sudden writhing on the floor. Makes sense now. 
    Looked more like a strop than an injury, I thought at the time...
  • I read on an article in Newsnow that we might get 200k for Williams? I would hand deliver him wrapped in a bow if that was the case.
  • Chunes said:
    I remember thinking that the Maddison injury was one of the strangest I've seen. He was standing still and then all of a sudden writhing on the floor. Makes sense now. 
    Looked more like a strop than an injury, I thought at the time...
    That’s exactly what I thought. It looked like a player who didn’t really fancy being on the pitch, pulling up. And I think Bowyer thought the same going by his reaction after the game. 
  • edited February 2021
    So the Calendar.... 

January - Doughty - Gone
    February - Williams - Potentially Gone. 
    March - Amos - Still here now but contract will be up. 
    April - Watson - Might just be back from injury
    May - Pratley - Still here now but contract will be up.  
    June - Morgan - Still here 
    July - Bowyer - Still here 
    August - Maddison - Still here now but contract will be up & potentially gone. 
    September - Vennings - Why is he in it? Still here now but contract will be up. 
    October - Purrington - Still here.
    November - Washington - Still here. 
    December - Gilbey - Still here. 

• Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    So what happens if Williams and MM stay, as their moves fall through?

2 players who know we don;t want them, left to wander around the training ground? Can't imagine Maddison's attitude will get better in that situation.
    I don't think there's any indication that we don't want Jonny. He's not been shopped around everywhere, a Championship team managed by someone who previously had him in his team has made a bid. His contract is up at the end of the season so it's a decent deal all round. I'm sure if it doesn't go through for whatever reason we'll still see Jonny in the team up to the end of the season
    Two players who as far as I can remember have not turned a league game for us this season, neither of whom can play for 90 minutes. Any fit replacement will be an improvement, but if there aren't any will hardly make a big difference 
  • Croydon said:

2 players who know we don;t want them, left to wander around the training ground? Can't imagine Maddison's attitude will get better in that situation.
    I don't think there's any indication that we don't want Jonny. He's not been shopped around everywhere, a Championship team managed by someone who previously had him in his team has made a bid. His contract is up at the end of the season so it's a decent deal all round. I'm sure if it doesn't go through for whatever reason we'll still see Jonny in the team up to the end of the season
    I agree, and I think Jonny is a very professional player and has the character to get his head down and work to get back in the team.
  • Southbank said:
    Croydon said:

Two players who as far as I can remember have not turned a league game for us this season, neither of whom can play for 90 minutes. Any fit replacement will be an improvement, but if there aren't any will hardly make a big difference 
    AFC Wimbledon?
  • Because I want people to share in my despair and hope for anything!!

Ok
  • Millar has been an excellent addition.
    Agreed - Millar is highly effective in creating incisive, attacking moves. Apart from his pace, he has excellent technical skills and regularly uses them to get past defenders. There is usually a product to his play - a dangerous cross or shot.  Miller is far more effective than Doughty.
  • I think the Kirk deal is still being negotiated. But that doesn't mean it will be agreed. But it is still a possibility.
  • Southbank said:
    Croydon said:

AFC Wimbledon?
    Both shone in that one, Maddison also came on and won us a point vs Plymouth.

Admittedly though they should both be doing more at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

Better to not try at all just in case it hurts their feelings?
    2 constructive answers to this but can always rely on you for a pointless bit of sarcasm. 
  • RC just announced we’re still working on deals 
  • iamdan said:
    Looking forward to Bowyers parting words of MM on the O/S. 

’blokes talented but a massive prick who loves shit tattoos and 3am McDonald’s runs’ 
    Bowyer won’t mention McDonalds.
  • iamdan said:
    Looking forward to Bowyers parting words of MM on the O/S. 

’blokes talented but a massive prick who loves shit tattoos and 3am McDonald’s runs’ 
    Bowyer won’t mention McDonalds.
    Papa John's?
  • Anyone done the Bent Signs joke yet?
  • I think the Kirk deal is still being negotiated. But that doesn't mean it will be agreed. But it is still a possibility.
    Unless I missed something but what's the fella out of Coronation Street got to do with us. 
  • MattF said:
    Didn’t say “a” signing.  Therefore I read that as 2. 🍿