Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Sage said:
    Richard J said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What Bowyer said about Maddison is on public record. What Maddison has said about Bowyer isn't.
    Would you feel differently if you knew what Maddison had said was on public record?
    Well knowing both sides to an argument does change things. 

I might turn around as @Sage suggests and go "Oh okay if he's done that, that's completely unacceptable and I agree with Bowyer on this one"
    But thats why I dont know how people can criticise Lee when they only know half the story

Was no different when Chris Solly got vilified on here, people only had half the knowledge so he was the villain

Said it at the time, you cant go on Jury Service, hear one side of the story and then pass judgement.

I think there always has to be good reasons why a lot doesnt appear in the public domain
    Then people who know the whole story should say.
    Well then thats their right to tell or not ... Not mine to say it on their behalf

Wasnt there a comment about Dr Kish who knew about Coquelin (?) being recalled by Arsenal, didnt want his source at Sparrows Lane to get in trouble for passing on what was confidential information so "leaked" it to some Arsenal fan so they could report it as their own news.
    Yes. 

Chris Thompson was more interested in getting the information to everyone than score a cheap exclusive. 
    I’m not here to score a cheap exclusive. I’ve sat on this information for a few days at least, other members on here can verify that. I even PM a lifer on here to say I’m going to take the stick that will come and put out a post that will let people know it all comes down to Maddison and that Bowyer is not at fault.

People can be annoyed and rather I not say anything that’s genuinely fine with me. But I recognise that many others would be interested and appreciate it.
    I appreciate all your insider input around injuries etc, but this feels like someone in the Bowyer camp is trying to keep you onside. If it's that bad it should be public knowledge of those that support the club and put money into it. 
    This is some real conspiracy theorist twisting. Sage has never posted anything like this before and I'm inclined to believe them. Which is more likely: the so-called 'Bowyer camp' have started feeding fake tidbits of information to forum users to create a conspiracy so a player who's played 8 games can be bundled out of the club without the fans rioting, or you've spent the day criticising Bowyer and Loling posts that you don't agree with and now might be feeling a bit silly if it turns out Maddison leaving is down to him not behaving himself properly, which is something he has a storied history of?

What I heard is that he has pretended to be injured on numerous occasions in training and trudged off to the medical room and left the other players training. He's then on his arse in bed later on with no confirmed injury and posting bollox on social media.
    Imagine players seeing a team mate do that  not once but twice hasn't gone down well. 
    The medical team know he's a lazy bullshitter, the manager knows it, and now the players know it. 

Everyone knows it bar a couple of people who inexplicably condone it.
    But if you're spearheading the Bowyer out campaign I suppose you don't want to lose face.
    To be fair dazzler said he was only hearing one side of the story and wanted to hear both. That's why I posted what I had heard. A lot of people have probably heard the same as me, since around Xmas time. Some fans have been able to read between the lines and some not but that's football. I don't think every one knew it and maybe sage was wrong to post a cryptic post but I understand why he did. The problem is if you say what you know then you have to expect people to ask questions and that is why it's best to say nothing at all unless you are prepared to answer them questions.

• Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
    Was he even give an opportunity for it to be either?

Losing Williams and Maddison on the same day seems...odd. 
  • With the signing of Millar, and Stockley as well as Shinnie and Famewo soon to be back I'd argue we will finish this transfer window in a stronger position then when we started without bringing anyone else in.*

That being said if Millar gets injured, or we have more set backs at CB then without signing anyone else I feel like we will be in a worse position.

Bowyer teams play so much better when we have a pacey, skillful direct attacking threat (Leko, Doughty, Millar). If we don't bring in another player like that then it's a bit of a cock up in my opinion.

*I've not included Ronnie, because for me at the moment I'm not sold. 
  • Let’s play signing bingo. Morris - tried to sign him last summer. Blah blah. Likes to go forward blah blah. Sorry to be negative, but feeling pretty underwhelmed. 
  • Fuck off have we sold Maddison and replaced him with someone who hasn’t scored a single goal all season.
    Maddison only has one
    In 383 minutes, compared to Morris with 1060
    Exactly, at least we're replacing one who never played with someone who probably will. 
    Don't worry as I doubt he will be signing as Fleetwood wont be able to get a replacement in on time.
    How far is it from Cardiff to Fleetwood........ 

If that happened I would be livid
  • It was always a risk signing Maddison, the bloke clearly doesn’t love football and would much prefer to play PlayStation and film himself singing at 3am. Wasted talent
  • Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
    This. Maddison needs an older manager who has more compassion & understanding. 
    What like Grant McCann or Darren Ferguson? 
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was thomas I would be questioning bowyer why he can't get a tune out of these players and shipping them back out after a few months and trying to get some desperate signings In
    Wouldnt be surprised if its another conversation Bowyer discusses with Sandgaard e.g. his reasoning
  • Jonny has gone on a perm.
  • edited February 2021
    Jonny has gone on a perm.
    Nip over to the Official Twitter account, the meltdown is hilarious

Especially when you read both his and Maddison's news

On a serious note, sorry to see Jonny leave, lovely bloke but Championship is the better level for him
  • If I was thomas I would be questioning bowyer why he can't get a tune out of these players and shipping them back out after a few months and trying to get some desperate signings In
    Wouldnt be surprised if its another conversation Bowyer discusses with Sandgaard e.g. his reasoning
    Agree. Every time we sign someone Bowyer thanks TS for backing him, enthuses about the player, says they’ll improve the squad then bombs them out a few months later. 
  • edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Here comes the outgoings. Surely some incomings to sweeten otherwise I think some will lose their minds 
  • I hear Williams gone.
  • Seems like Gallen forgot to select the "Realistic Transfers" filter when he searched for wingers in Football Manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Farewell Jonny

• This is getting a desperate situation today our already delpleated squad is getting thinner by the hour with all creativity now left the room