Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• This seems even more desperate than last Jan
  • edited February 2021
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    So what happens if Williams and MM stay, as their moves fall through?

2 players who know we don;t want them, left to wander around the training ground? Can't imagine Maddison's attitude will get better in that situation.
    Better to not try at all just in case it hurts their feelings?
    2 constructive answers to this but can always rely on you for a pointless bit of sarcasm. 
    I’ll be honest, your question didn’t come across as genuine hence the tone of my reply.

“Can’t imagine Maddison’s attitude will get better in that situation” reads to me like you’re ready to jump all over the management team again. In truth, Maddison’s attitude is already god awful with no prospect of improving with or without the transfer saga.

I broadly agree with the other two responses you got with regard to Williams.
    When have I jumped all over tbe management team in relation to this? All I've said is we need to ensure we replace anyone who leaves. Even said on another thread that I backed Bowyer's stance over players like MM. 
  • I’ve been trying to not to be negative but Christ, this is a bit depressing. 
  • Fuck off have we sold Maddison and replaced him with someone who hasn’t scored a single goal all season.
    Maddison only has one
    In 383 minutes, compared to Morris with 1060
  • Why do we always get rid of people then look for a replacement? Rather than do what other clubs do - get the replacement in, then agree to let your player go?
    Who says we've done that? From the speed we've moved it sounds like we went into today with our list and we're working our way through it. Randall, Kirk, Graham, Solomon-Otabor and Morris. We've been knocked back a lot and we're still going. If you're right up to the cap then you can't afford to get the new player in first because if the deal falls through you're over the cap and you're in trouble. I'm sure if we'd got Kirk sorted this morning like we'd hoped then we would have held fire until we moved on someone like Maddison to make room
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Which dick head listened to feedback and started a Marcus Maddison thread in September and is getting 100s of pings..... 
    change your profile settings. No idea why anyone would want such notifications, would drive me bonkers!
  • edited February 2021
    If we don't sign anyone who's a significant upgrade on playing Albie Morgan as a winger, we have failed massively. I'd argue it isn't even worth signing a player if they're not that.
  • Underwhelmed with Morris if I’m honest, but as always will support the boys 
  • Sponsored links:

• We really are scraping the barrel now but Josh Morris is a very good player, stats this season aren’t that great though. Why do we leave it until the last minute to put offers in? Makes no sense. 
  • Fuck off have we sold Maddison and replaced him with someone who hasn’t scored a single goal all season.
    Maddison only has one
    Exactly, at least we're replacing one who never played with someone who probably will. 
  • Plan A Randall ❌

Plan B Kirk ❌

Plan C Solomon-Otabor ❌

Plan D ???
    Plan D Jordan Graham ❌

Plan E ???
    Plan E Josh Morris ⏳ 
  • Elliott Lee gone to Oxford on loan always rated him great signing that.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scrambling about it seems 
    Does seem that way, disappointing if true. I suspect Morris would have been lower down on the target list, a 29 year old whose never played above L1 screams of a panic signing to me. 
    Why haven’t we pushed the boat out for Randall or Kirk? Getting fed up of short termism and the turnover of players every summer. Had a chance this window to change that but no. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Which dick head listened to feedback and started a Marcus Maddison thread in September and is getting 100s of pings..... 
    change your profile settings. No idea why anyone would want such notifications, would drive me bonkers!
    I have never started a thread worth reading before...... 
    Ah I dunno. You squad building one really took off...
  • Rothko said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scrambling about it seems 
    Does seem that way, disappointing if true. I suspect Morris would have been lower down on the target list, a 29 year old whose never played above L1 screams of a panic signing to me. 
    Why haven’t we pushed the boat out for Randall or Kirk? Getting fed up of short termism and the turnover of players every summer. Had a chance this window to change that but no. 
    We might well have done, but both clubs have a valuation, and we have one, and if can’t match, then you can’t do a deal.

easy to spend someone else’s money
    Easy to buy 30 year olds and loans. 

Its either a long term project or its a short term shot at promotion, you can't argue it both ways. 
  • iamdan said:
    Looking forward to Bowyers parting words of MM on the O/S. 

’blokes talented but a massive prick who loves shit tattoos and 3am McDonald’s runs’ 

Don't mention Lee Bowyer and McDonald's in the same post.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    was it me? 
    Maddison only has one
    Exactly, at least we're replacing one who never played with someone who probably will. 
    Don't worry as I doubt he will be signing as Fleetwood wont be able to get a replacement in on time.