Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    At least sign Shinnie on a permanent. Got visions of Bowyer leaving Maatsen out of the squad if the loanees are all fit. "He's inexperienced and Ben and Adam can both play left-back"
    I thought you ment Ben Amos for a minute 🤣🤣
  • Again, would be helpful to have the retrospective Williams comments on the Williams thread.

I take it as positive the Williams and Maddison announcements. Signals the green light to me that we’ve agreed the in’s we want.

perhaps I’m trying to look at this too positively?
  • edited February 2021
    IF we only get Morris after losing them two then Bowyer has some serious explaining to do, awful window. 
  • Leuth said:
    MattF said:
    Ah well the outgoings are at least a reminder that the transfer window isn't shut yet 
    This is a masterpiece of positive thinking :D
    He is correct though 
  • If Fleetwood want a replacement for Morris before letting him go, I have a suggestion.

Gilbey.

• Sponsored links:

• Liked Morris a couple of years back but he chose to go to Fleetwood for the money ahead of testing himself in the Championship with us.  That does not say he is a play of ambition.  29, injury prone and spent his career in the north.  If he joins I wish him well but wish we could have got more out of Williams instead.
    There’s the excuse for it not working out in 6 months time when he joins Bridlington Town on a free.
  • IN: Schwartz, Stockley, Millar, Smith

OUT: Levitt, Doughty, Smyth, Bogle, Williams, Maddison

Levitt -> Smith
    Bogle -> Stockley
    Doughty -> Millar
    Smyth -> Schwartz
    Maddison -> ?
    Williams -> ?
    In a window where we clearly needed to strengthen, not get like for like replacements. 
  • How much did we get for the sale of Williams, Lapslie, Wiredu, Doherty, Bogle?
  • If Fleetwood want a replacement for Morris before letting him go, I have a suggestion.

Gilbey.

Give them our reserve winger? No chance
  • Permanent transfers in: 

Schwartz 

Permanent transfers out: 

Bogle
    Lapslie
    Doughty
    Williams
    Wiredu
  • edited February 2021
    Still not in the Bowyer out camp, but I do wonder whether or not his stubbornness and seemingly single mindedness around how he wants players to play with an “all or nothing” attitude has actually gone against us here. 

I’m all for a committed squad of players that get stuck in, but you also need some quality. 

Sadly, I feel that we’re losing more than we’re gaining, and that another manager maybe would’ve handled things differently. 

Despite that, I’m still fully behind the team and management. Let’s hope I have some humble pie to tuck into come the end of the season..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Thoroughly enjoying this thread. There will be beds wetter than the pitch on Saturday if we don’t sign someone. 
    Thinking it might be a bit more solid than that...
  • Redrobo said:
    Thoroughly enjoying this thread. There will be beds wetter than the pitch on Saturday if we don’t sign someone. 
    So that's the important thing.  Not getting some decent players in, pissing off people you don't agree with.
  • Permanent transfers in: 

Schwartz 

Permanent transfers out: 

Bogle
    Lapslie
    Doughty
    Williams
    Wiredu
    Didn't all those players out have five months left on their contracts?
  • Have to get some players in, and good ones at that. We need wingers and creativity. We don't need more CMs 
  • The doom and gloom is quite ridiculous. We’ve sent a bloke who’s never in the squad out on loan and sold a player who doesn’t influence a game to a higher division. Anyone would think our best two players have left the building.
    I remember feeling gutted when Gallagher was recalled. I knew then we were in trouble that season.
    I do not get that feeling this time around. We will be better off I'm sure of it.
  • I do wonder if the approach is... Williams and Maddison out... Use a bit of those wages to sign one new player

A good portion of those wages (now freed up) can then go on Aneke's new deal?

Bowyer mentioned a few weeks ago that we had £500 p/w left, we werent keeping Aneke on that sort of increase

Might still be a push to keep him if Championship clubs are already talking to his Agent, but we might stand a chance