Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited February 2021
    It’s all very well people saying ‘yeah but Millar and Stockley have come in this window’ but they’re only here for another twenty one games. Doesn’t seem anything to cheer about with such short term thinking. We need to start assembling a team to last us. Maybe we’ll start in the summer.
    You can’t really rebuild a team in January unfortunately. Bogle, Maddison and Williams also wouldn’t have been here in the summer either. We’ve at least swapped them for players we’re planning on putting in every week. Hopefully with a full run up in summer we can have a proper rebuild. And hopefully we won’t have a cap to deal with 
    Have we? 

We have 6 loanees. 5 loan spaces in a match day squad... I am certain the cap will be worse next season. It would have been abolished by now if it were a real option. 
  • _MrDick said:

Cod be relevant....

COD-CLARKE ARMY!

Chris Conn-Clarke has joined Fleetwood Town from Burnley. The 19-year-old had been training with the Cod Army and has now made a permanent move to Highbury.

Grayson just been on Radio 5 saying been a very busy 24 since getting the job with many agents ringing him.
  • It’s all very well people saying ‘yeah but Millar and Stockley have come in this window’ but they’re only here for another twenty one games. Doesn’t seem anything to cheer about with such short term thinking. We need to start assembling a team to last us. Maybe we’ll start in the summer.
    You can’t really rebuild a team in January unfortunately. Bogle, Maddison and Williams also wouldn’t have been here in the summer either. We’ve at least swapped them for players we’re planning on putting in every week. Hopefully with a full run up in summer we can have a proper rebuild. And hopefully we won’t have a cap to deal with 
    I presume you mean because it’ll have been scrapped at the end of the season rather than because we’ve won promotion. If we’re not restricted  by it I know which option is more likely.
  • Been announced a few minutes ago that Fleetwood have signed some kid from Burnley...

Had been training with the club though so guess he's not the signing they're trying to bring in so Morris could leave
  • Fleetwood must've got the winger they wanted then?
  • Age and desire is key. I said it before. Lincoln last season had an average age squad of 31. This season 22. Their manager saw what was needed to compete in League one to beat the old cloggers with ego's. We've had too many players who are too slow and waste time with tippy tappy paces and back to Amos. We need young fit players with a career to carve out. Millar is just what we need to be signing on contracts, not loans. Lincoln managed to get the deals done at well under the salary cap. 

Maybe we need to regroup in the summer and have a CP style clear out. 
    It's hard to see how Morris (if he is coming in) fits in with a longer term rebuild. Morris is 29.

The players we've let go weren't the oldest players either. Maddison and Williams are both 27, while we also sold the likes of Lapslie

Schwartz, Watson and Gunter are all in their 30s. Indeed the youngest player we've bought is Innis and he's 25.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Ferryman said:
    Sage said:
    Anyone who blames Bowyer for Maddison leaving and not being successful whilst here is fully entitled to your own opinion. However, it’s incredibly difficult to form any kind of opinion when you just don’t understand what has happened behind the scenes.

If and when the story comes out, everyone who has sided with Maddison will wonder what was going through their mind to question the decisions Bowyer makes.

I am not in a position to put a public forum the situation. But what I will say is Maddison does not want to be here anymore and is not committed to the cause. When that is the case, it’s best to get rid. No matter how talented that individual may be with a football at their feet.

I am with Bowyer 100% and all I can say is, good riddance. 
    As it's a loan we must still be paying part of his salary. 
    Unfortunately, looks as though a permanent was not able to be agreed.
    I expect beause it was Bolton  who have come out of Administration last season & don't have a pot to piss in. No way could they sign him on a 2 or 3 year contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying a large portion, if not all, of his wages. Bowyer just wanted him out the door......could have been Welling or Woking as far as we were concerned.
  • J BLOCK said:
    If we don’t get AT LEAST players on a par with Maddison and Williams then we’ve massively fucked this - right now I’m not at all happy 
    Maddison didn't want to play and probably wasn't going to play again.
    Williams struggles to play 60 mins.

We've already signed Stockley, Millar, Schwartz and Smith.
    I'm certain we're already better off.
    Where’s the creativity coming from in the middle of the park? 
  • Redrobo said:
    Thoroughly enjoying this thread. There will be beds wetter than the pitch on Saturday if we don’t sign someone. 
    So that's the important thing.  Not getting some decent players in, pissing off people you don't agree with.
    We have got in decent players and taking the window as a whole I think we are a better squad now. 
    The despair, wringing of hands and outrage against our management team who are working their buts off to make us better is I think disrespectful and unwarranted and it pisses me off. 
    I think Steve, Bows and TS deserve better from fans. Just my opinion.

I should use the past tense though, I now find it just disappointing.

Lets see where we are at the end of the season. If we get less points in the second half of the season, you were right.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If we don’t get AT LEAST players on a par with Maddison and Williams then we’ve massively fucked this - right now I’m not at all happy 

Millar and Smith
  • Think Ferguson would be decent in League One.
  • Asked a few Fleetwood fans on twitter about Josh Morris... God people would be delighted with the responses
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:
    It’s all very well people saying ‘yeah but Millar and Stockley have come in this window’ but they’re only here for another twenty one games. Doesn’t seem anything to cheer about with such short term thinking. We need to start assembling a team to last us. Maybe we’ll start in the summer.
    Agree that you cannot build a team in January but you can most definitely weaken one. 
    Are we weaker? We’ve traded out fringe players and replaced them with new first teamers. I think we need one in now but it’s looking like being a decent window 

I don't know if we are weaker, but I would say unless we sign a winger (which we are clearly trying hard to do) we've imbalanced the squad.
  • This is awful I’ve accepted it. Shit.
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Morgan and Shinnie

• Age and desire is key. I said it before. Lincoln last season had an average age squad of 31. This season 22. Their manager saw what was needed to compete in League one to beat the old cloggers with ego's. We've had too many players who are too slow and waste time with tippy tappy paces and back to Amos. We need young fit players with a career to carve out. Millar is just what we need to be signing on contracts, not loans. Lincoln managed to get the deals done at well under the salary cap. 

Maybe we need to regroup in the summer and have a CP style clear out. 
    Thing is Bowyer has not only kept all the older player (Pearce & Pratley) but added in Watson & Gunter too. Both on permanent  contracts. The young players are all on loan.

And then we sell the other youngsters just to make sure.

Lincoln going in one direction whereas we are going in another. Just check the league table......
  • se9addick said:
    Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
    Was he even give an opportunity for it to be either?

Losing Williams and Maddison on the same day seems...odd. 
    To quote Oscar Wilde from, 'The Importance of Being Earnest ' , "To lose one winger is unfortunate,  two lose two is careless".
    Spelling never was Oscar’s strong suit.
    His last words as he was dying was "Either me or this bloody wallpaper has to go"
  • edited February 2021
    it is quite frustrating seeing reports of players we’ve failed or might have signed, sometimes wish I didn’t follow all this and find out what happened in the morning!!!!!...... But I can’t!!!!!😤😤😤😤😤, c’mon Charlton give us all something to be happy about, pleeeeeeaase!!!!!
  • Definitely need to be playing with two wingers. Look at the difference Millar has made since he came in!  The narrow diamond doesn't work with slow lethargic midfield players. 

Getting lots of crosses in the box now we have a player who attacks the ball well in Stockley.
    Schwartz can capitalise on the loose balls in the box aswell.