Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Let's be honest TS aim of Europe in 8 years is not going to start by signing a L1 journeyman. Would have hoped to have a bit more ambition this window. Its a shit league, we've signed Ronnie who I can't help but feel was signed due to the Danish connection and some more loanees. So no matter what another rebuild is needed in the summer. 

Keep hearing the cap is killing us, but the cynic in me says maybe we don't have as much money as we thought. 

One thing that has happened, TS has backed this club to the hills and sorted alot of the background issues and sorted the foundations going forward.

The cap is the cap, we could have funds like man City but are still governed by the cap unfortunately. 
    Unless you buy someone like Randall who wouldn’t fall into the cap at all.
    And what if Exeter were taking the piss on price? And he becomes a player under the cap next season, so you get stung in the summer by overpaying salary now 
  • I exaggerated for effect. Salary cap was announced 7 months ago. 
  • With us frantically panicking and with Sunderland doing the same to get rid grigg I wouldn’t be surprised if he snuck in if we can cut his wages to tuppence.
  • Gallen currently trying to track down a late night plant hire company who can supply a mini-excavator in the hopes of exhuming Stanley Matthews before the deadline.
  • We'd best sign SOMEONE. I have a cracking post lined up for when we do. That post is 'Can he tackle?'
  • Just feeling numb now or maybee I'm missing the bigger picture??
    Yes I think you are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Instead of going for the 6th choice winger can’t we just try to meet Exeter’s valuation of Randall or something? Didnt they want a million? Doesn’t seem too much for a player they rate as highly as Ollie Watkins
  • We have left this window so last minute and will just hear how work everybody's worked on it.
  • That happen at 17:45 we are now on AZ
  • Morris off so that's probably it now isn't it.

Wasn't keen on it anyway. It's not worth singing someone for 18 months and then having to get rid of them in the Summer, we'll already have that problem with Gilbey.
  • There's no sense of a long term plan on the pitch. If we'd bought a couple of talented youngsters, you could see that we were planning for next season

Instead if we're just concerned about this season, why sell Williams? Surely it can't be for the money

And seeing that we're probably still paying some of Maddison's wages anyway, is it really sensible to dump him completely when we aren't strong in that position?
  • Probably seen Bowyer hang his players out to dry this season and thought bugger that! 
  • Leuth said:
    We'd best sign SOMEONE. I have a cracking post lined up for when we do. That post is 'Can he tackle?'

The Charlton Life Tackle Test doesn't have quite same ring to as the Height Test.
  • After hearing Bowyer bleat on about the salary cap every single week to which i've agreed with him up to now, but when the window closes I for one won't want to hear him whinge about the cap any more unless it's maxed out to the point it would be impossible to bring anybody else in.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's no sense of a long term plan on the pitch. If we'd bought a couple of talented youngsters, you could see that we were planning for next season

Instead if we're just concerned about this season, why sell Williams? Surely it can't be for the money

And seeing that we're probably still paying some of Maddison's wages anyway, is it really sensible to dump him completely when we aren't strong in that position?
    On the Maddison thing, guessing anything we're still paying won't count as he won't be in our registered squad?
  • Option Z is were getting McGeady back.
  • Probably seen Bowyer hang his players out to dry this season and thought bugger that! 
     It does make you wonder.
  • Leuth said:
    We'd best sign SOMEONE. I have a cracking post lined up for when we do. That post is 'Can he tackle?'

The Charlton Life Tackle Test doesn't have quite same ring to as the Height Test.
    Hey, it would still involve measurement right?
  • edited February 2021
  • edited February 2021
    Squad:

GK Amos Maynard-Brewer 
    RB Gunter Matthews
    LB Maatsen Purrington
    CB Inniss Famewo Oshilaja Pearce
    DM Pratley Watson
    CM or L or right in Diamond: Morgan Shinnie JFC Smith Gilbey.
    Attacking Midfielder
    Free role but will need to run the lines.
    Millar
    Strikers: Aneke Washington Schwartz Stockley.

Winger/ wide man midfielder.
    Down to 6th choice by the time we get to 10.55, PM

Add Barker and Vennings and we have 25 man squad.
  • Best me to it todds
  • Randall? ❌
    Kirk? ❌
    Solomon-Otabor? ❌
    Graham? ❌
    Morris? ❌

Anyone else?
  • edited February 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Randall? ❌
    Kirk? ❌
    Solomon-Otabor? ❌
    Graham? ❌
    Morris? ❌

Anyone else?
    Shane Ferguson

Only one of those players actually turned Charlton down though (Solomon-Otabor)