Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Maybe TS has asked Bows realistically who is going to get a game and who isn't. If they don't figure in his plans, get rid now and save money. TS is a businessman not a charity owner. He wants to balance the books in the same way Roly did. It's not just the salary cap, that's guff. TS wants to achieve success in the way the Lincoln owner has. On the cheap. It can be done without huge spends, but maybe not with Bowyer or the players we have. I want Bowyer here long term, but his tactics with the players of the last 18 months doesn't achieve enough success. If Bowyer is staying, the players aren't!
  • Fuck me, we've had better deadline days under Roland!!
    But unlike days of Roland, we’ve brought in some quality early on in the window. 
    This is very true. Perspective. 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Got a feeling this is just the beginning for a large part of the squad

Maddison especially going to Bolton will be a big message to the players that remain

Perform and represent the club to the standards we expect or we'll shed no tears about getting rid of you in the summer
    Or to look at an alternative

Outgoings /possible outgoings in the window:

Bogle Nowhere near good enough but has suffered from Bowyers put downs in the media when Bowyer must have known what he was getting when he signed him.

Smyth Recalled by QPR

Doughty Refused a new contract

Maddison Criticised by Bowyer in the media the worst being "I don't care if he's seriously injured" 

Williams Criticised by Bowyer in the media (praised as well at times) Rarely picked even when we're crying out for creativity & even as a sub when he's played well straight back on the bench next game. Wants to go to Cardiff

Last year
    M.Bonne Brought from Non league, leading scorer for us in Championship but still criticised by Bowyer in the media.

Maybe some players aren't playing for him & can't wait to get out, possibly his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. Criticise players when needed but do it behind closed doors not on sky sports /newspapers. 
    So what are you getting at? In an ideal world what would you do? And let’s be frank who would you bring in to replace Bow?
    I think my last paragraph gives you some idea. In an ideal word I wouldn't be slagging players off in the media if I was Bowyer. Replace Bowyer ? Well there are better qualified people available who will make that decision as & when but why ask me when I haven't suggested such ?
  • The thing that pains me about losing Jonny is the influence he undoubtedly had in the dressing room. He is obviously a very likeable guy and very popular amongst the players! You do wonder what this may do to morale in the camp! Nothing to do with assists, goals etc 
  • Swisdom said:
    Let's be honest TS aim of Europe in 8 years is not going to start by signing a L1 journeyman. Would have hoped to have a bit more ambition this window. Its a shit league, we've signed Ronnie who I can't help but feel was signed due to the Danish connection and some more loanees. So no matter what another rebuild is needed in the summer. 

Keep hearing the cap is killing us, but the cynic in me says maybe we don't have as much money as we thought. 

One thing that has happened, TS has backed this club 

preparing for a rebuild in the summer.
    Oh goody......yet another summer rebuild.
     Should be used to it after the last 6 or 7 seasons.
  • I think it's very clear we want a winger, and not to get one is a bit of a failing.

I do worry what will happen if Millar gets injured. 
    we play the diamond formation 
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's the super dooper mega deal phone when you need one?
  • Fuck me, we've had better deadline days under Roland!!
    But unlike days of Roland, we’ve brought in some quality early on in the window. 
    To be fair 2 years ago we brought in Williams and Purrington earlier in the window
  • Swisdom said:
    Let's be honest TS aim of Europe in 8 years is not going to start by signing a L1 journeyman. Would have hoped to have a bit more ambition this window. Its a shit league, we've signed Ronnie who I can't help but feel was signed due to the Danish connection and some more loanees. So no matter what another rebuild is needed in the summer. 

Keep hearing the cap is killing us, but the cynic in me says maybe we don't have as much money as we thought. 

One thing that has happened, TS has backed this club 

preparing for a rebuild in the summer.
    Oh goody......yet another summer rebuild.
     Should be used to it after the last 6 or 7 seasons.
    You've just told us how you feel, Golfie.

But just imagine what poor old Steve Gallen is thinking? :neutral:

• Galen currently ringing up anyone he remembers from his days at QPR. Can’t wait to see whose going to be the new Josh Parker.
  • cafc999 said:
    Where's the super dooper mega deal phone when you need one?
    Southall sold it for another Deadline Day hamper of 7 up and beef monster munch 
  • Swisdom said:

One thing that has happened, TS has backed this club to the hills and sorted alot of the background issues and sorted the foundations going forward.

The cap is the cap, we could have funds like man City but are still governed by the cap unfortunately. 
    If you look at some of the players we have it is no wonder we are at the top end of the cap.  For League 1 we have some big names who are no doubt on big money.  We are also in London so the cost of living is higher - ergo we need to pay a bit of a premium for that to attract players.

The bottom line is we have too many high profile high earners for a League 1 club so we need to clear the decks a bit - and that's what we are doing.  Trimming away some of the fat.

If we get someone else in today then that would be a bonus but I really don't see why there is so much apparent wrist-slashing going on at the moment.  THe signings we have made have been good and improvements on those they have replaced )with the exception of Williams and Maddison so far).  Still time to go but maybe it's time to acknowledege this season isn't going to end with promotion and we are preparing for a rebuild in the summer.
    We had a lot of players on high ish wages, that counted as 1.7k for cap purposes, then we added Watson and Gunter.

I can think of dozens of reasons why signing Watson, for example, is a good idea but to coach Shinnie, JFC and Gilbey through a game isn't one. 

Why do we need to, relatively, highly paid right backs? 

The wages of Chuks, Williams, Amos, Pearce and Pratley aren't what is/was crippling us.  At least not in the terms of the cap. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
    Needed or not, I shared it because people were getting the wrong end of the stick. Obviously, it wasn’t exactly needed in the end because Cawley tweeted all about it afterwards. The point of the forum is to share information and opinions, be it whole or not, that’s what I done.

Thanks for sharing and I take your point that some didn't realize how Maddison just wasn't being professional.
    i must have missed it - what is it that maddison did? and what is it that that williams has done not to start games when we clearly do better when he does? and how is it we are stronger for offloading 2 of the most creative players in the division - i'm all ears coz i've not heard anything yet that explains it - if either piped up about the negative shit bowyer was serving up and why they weren't starting, i can thoroughly sympathise with them - the players we have brought in this window look good but unless williams and maddison have done something shocking, i just don't get how we will be better without them - the only reason they are seen as fringe players is because bowyer hasn't been picking them  - if we sign a couple in the next hour, i'll take it all back, if not then something is not right and it would look like we are writing this season off - here's hoping  
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we will see one more come in. Hoping it is Kirk. Off to bed, will find out in the morning.
  • Maybe TS has asked Bows realistically who is going to get a game and who isn't. If they don't figure in his plans, get rid now and save money. TS is a businessman not a charity owner. He wants to balance the books in the same way Roly did. It's not just the salary cap, that's guff. TS wants to achieve success in the way the Lincoln owner has. On the cheap. It can be done without huge spends, but maybe not with Bowyer or the players we have. I want Bowyer here long term, but his tactics with the players of the last 18 months doesn't achieve enough success. If Bowyer is staying, the players aren't!
    I don’t believe this to be true. TS made it clear at the beginning that he would bring in what we needed to get promoted and worry about the Championship if we got there, so I think he sees Bowyer as a long term appointment and player as being transitional and a means to achieving promotion and he will then reassess.
  • se9addick said:
    Fleetwood didn’t want to sell as they had no replacement, nothing to do with the player turning us down. Could the anti Bowyer brigade  read what’s been reported before blaming it on Bowyer,
    It is rather silly to let players go before you have replacements sorted.
    A replacement for a player that spends a hell of a lot of time on the bench?
    I share the respect for Williams on and off the pitch but I can’t see that him leaving is a devastating blow. Is Smith a potential replacement?
    It's not Williams' fault that he's been on the bench. Indeed he's not been injured at all this season
  • Laddick01 said:
    So we got a small fee for Williams and got a decent % of wages off the cap, yet we still couldn't sign anyone serious?

I was hoping we'd show at least a little intent here. Instead it feels like we've played it very safe.
    William's wages were only £1.7k for salary cap calculations. Hardly saving us money.
  • Do we have a snub list?