Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Option Z is were getting McGeady back.
    Beat you by a minute
  • edited February 2021
    Let's be honest TS aim of Europe in 8 years is not going to start by signing a L1 journeyman. Would have hoped to have a bit more ambition this window. Its a shit league, we've signed Ronnie who I can't help but feel was signed due to the Danish connection and some more loanees. So no matter what another rebuild is needed in the summer. 

Keep hearing the cap is killing us, but the cynic in me says maybe we don't have as much money as we thought. 

One thing that has happened, TS has backed this club to the hills and sorted alot of the background issues and sorted the foundations going forward.

The cap is the cap, we could have funds like man City but are still governed by the cap unfortunately. 
    Exactly this with regards to TS...also I do want Bows here with us going forward too,but i can’t help think that some of these players we could potentially miss out on,may actually not want to play for him,seeing as he throws them under bus for a stray pass or a miss of the goal...hope it’s not the later but what do we know...??

next season for me is when we go up,this is still a big work in progress from the shite management we have endured for the past how many years...”we will come good”...👍
  • Best me to it todds
    You’ve just equalised
  • So what we got by way of wingers waiting in the development squad for a shot at the big time? Quitirna Junior? Or do we think his name sounds too much like Quiter for Bows to take the risk?
  • Croydon said:
    Said earlier I thought we may have learnt a lesson. We haven't.
  • edited February 2021
    So what we got by way of wingers waiting in the development squad for a shot at the big time? Quitirna Junior? Or do we think his name sounds too much like Quiter for Bows to take the risk?
    He's a central attacking midfielder foremost I think EDIT not sure about this, he has got a good cross. Hmm.
  • So we got a small fee for Williams and got a decent % of wages off the cap, yet we still couldn't sign anyone serious?

I was hoping we'd show at least a little intent here. Instead it feels like we've played it very safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best me to it todds
    You’ve just equalised
    I
    Geez hope we are not right lol.
  • edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If we don’t get AT LEAST players on a par with Maddison and Williams then we’ve massively fucked this - right now I’m not at all happy 
    Maddison didn't want to play and probably wasn't going to play again.
    Williams struggles to play 60 mins.

We've already signed Stockley, Millar, Schwartz and Smith.
    I'm certain we're already better off.
    Where’s the creativity coming from in the middle of the park? 
    JFC, Shinnie, Morgan, Smith and (Millar).
  • From a salary cap pov

Additions
    Schwartz
    Stockley

Deductions
    Smyth
    Bogle
    Williams
    Maddison
  • From a salary cap pov

Additions
    Schwartz
    Stockley

Deductions
    Smyth
    Bogle
    Williams
    Maddison
    Nine players out of Contract in the summer...

Probably gives us a bit of breathing room to try and ensure some can still be here next year if they want to be
  • I reckon with Williams and Maddison both off the payroll, we now have extra cash to splash.

I reckon we'll get either Graham or Randall.
  • Sage said:
    Sage, as someone who wanted Maddison at Cafc years ago your insider information wasn't needed on this occasions.

It was so patently obvious that MM and Bowyer wasn't going to work within a couple of weeks.; at 27 a very useful lower division player had lost his way totally.

Marcus Maddison was going to either be a great signing or a complete disaster. I was hoping for the former.

Sadly it was the latter.
    Needed or not, I shared it because people were getting the wrong end of the stick. Obviously, it wasn’t exactly needed in the end because Cawley tweeted all about it afterwards. The point of the forum is to share information and opinions, be it whole or not, that’s what I done.

Thanks for sharing and I take your point that some didn't realize how Maddison just wasn't being professional.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to regret this comment but notice Rich Cawley hasnt thrown the towel in yet with any posts saying thats our night done
  • I reckon with Williams and Maddison both off the payroll, we now have extra cash to splash.

I reckon we'll get either Graham or Randall.
    Yeah let's just meet Randall's valuation. Let's be honest no one wants plan Z through the door at 22:59!
  • Sorry to say, business is done for us. Get an early night and go to bed.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Some of you lot ought to read your own comments....sound like a bunch of 12 year olds! Embarrassing!
    This.
  • Fleetwood didn’t want to sell as they had no replacement, nothing to do with the player turning us down. Could the anti Bowyer brigade  read what’s been reported before blaming it on Bowyer,
    Don't lie... This was the discussion... The voices in my head say this is accurate for all those we approached today...

Club to Player - "Are you happy here because Charlton have made an offer for you"
    Player - "I mean sure I am happy is Bowyer still there?"
    Club - "Yes, looks like he's made space for you"
    Player - "Erm I've heard how he talks about his creative players"
    Club - "So that's a no?"
    Player - "I didn't say that, unless you don't want me here?"
    Club - "It's a no then, Huzzah, we'll tell them to piss orf, the fee was insulting anyway"