Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Would Williams leaving allow us to sign Shinnie to facilitate another loan place?

Jonny is much better in the Championship than L1. Would be sad to see him go but if it helps Bow freshen things up it could be worth it. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Jonny Williams is the sort of guy and footballer that you want to do well no matter what shirt he’s wearing, but for us I think we’ll cope without him so if the offer is good enough and we have a replacement lined up then we should let him go.
    Have Cardiff got a spare CH they would trade and could this be the CH Doucher was alluding too?

Sol Bamba?
    Bamba was recently diagnosed with Cancer so that's a non starter
  • Redrobo said:
    Jonny Williams is the sort of guy and footballer that you want to do well no matter what shirt he’s wearing, but for us I think we’ll cope without him so if the offer is good enough and we have a replacement lined up then we should let him go.
    Have Cardiff got a spare CH they would trade and could this be the CH Doucher was alluding too?

Sol Bamba?
    Won’t be him. He’s not well.
  • If the Cardiff rumour is genuine, I think Bowyer & Gallen would be happy to let him leave
  • re Jonny Wiliams it's a tough one.

He's undoubtedly infectious.  You really want to see him do well but he just flatters to deceive too often.

People will say Bowyer doesn't play to his strengths but the same could be said of his whole career.  What exactly is he?  Bowyer isn't the only one to not know where to deploy him and the same with managing his minutes - he's never had a prolonged period of full matches.

As a person he's a really lovely guy but he's made his money in the game from his Palace days - he doesn't ever need to work again so maybe a move to somewhere he is happier and maybe nearer to "home" would suit him.  He's also likely to be one of our higher earners so there's another possible reason this might just happen
  • RedRobin said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    No chance of him coming here. West Ham made a bid for him only the other day
    Yeah just read West Ham and Rangers both looking at him plus the usual agent links-Juventus, Bayern, Man City lol he’s out of contract in the summer so will be moving. 
    Don't really care where Baah goes, as long as he does and we don't have
    to face him again next Saturday
  • Prepare to underwhelmed it won't be Randall or Baah.
  • Re: Sorba Thomas and Joel Randall and fees. I get annoyance at not pushing the boat out to get them but I much rather, even if Sandgaard was willing to go higher, to be sensible and offer what we believe their value is with maybe a little wiggle room. No point signing players for fees higher than our viewed value in case they turn out not worth it, then we'd be slating the club for paying such high fees for inadequate players.

Clubs will always want more cash but that is where Gallen will earn his crust. Sell-on, bonuses etc are ideal as if players perform, the selling club to us get rewarded. But it's a risk for them whereas paid all up-front the risk is for us.

In this case, if Randall was out of our price range or not worth what Exeter wanted before, would getting 200K for JW mean Bows and Gallen feel they can increase their offer as he may now get more game time here whereas before he'd have to get JW out the line before him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do people say want to make Shinnie permanent? His salary would be too much and guess what, we have him until the end of the season already 
  • Prepare to underwhelmed it won't be Randall or Baah.
    No need for some on here to prepare to be underwhelmed, it’s ingrained in their personas for every transfer window, no names no pack drill 😏.
  • esseffect said:
    Why do people say want to make Shinnie permanent? His salary would be too much and guess what, we have him until the end of the season already 
    He's also out of contract in the summer so we'll have to worry about more clubs being potentially interested and will be able to make potentially more lucrative offers at that stage. 

Of course he could already be in discussion with Scottish clubs if he felt that offers North of the border are more interesting than what League One clubs can offer due to the Salary Cap
  • Richard J said:
    Would Williams leaving allow us to sign Shinnie to facilitate another loan place?

Jonny is much better in the Championship than L1. Would be sad to see him go but if it helps Bow freshen things up it could be worth it. 
    That’s a lot to sort out in 24 hours though. 
  • He played brilliantly at the beginning of last season but I’d probably cash in now - I suspect he’s on good money - way above the wage cap . 
  • With us likely going for play offs at best this season, I also can’t help but think of Williams at Wembley 2 years ago, and how having a player like that even on the bench during a big game is massively helpful. 
  • esseffect said:
    Why do people say want to make Shinnie permanent? His salary would be too much and guess what, we have him until the end of the season already 
    If Luton agreed to pay up what they are paying anyway, shinnie signing permanently would free up a spot for another loan 
  • Sponsored links:

• If Williams is that good tell me where plays best

NO.10 Off the striker is a no from me not enough goals
    Out wide certainly no winger
    Midfield pairing no I think missing out on the tackle tells you that

Left side of a midfield 3 
  • edited January 2021
    Williams is either

A   A wizard who scares the hell out of opposing defenders, is a Championship standard player who is rarely injured.

B   A lightweight, diving wee man, who the opposition swat aside with ease when he is not writhing around in fake agony, is made of glass and blowing out his arse before 60 mins are up and his Charlton stats make Ben Reeves look world class by comparison.
  • Williams leaving weakens the squad. He offers something that’s hard to find. Genuine impact from the bench. He frustrates too often though when starting. I’m 55/45 hoping he stays but if he does leave then a very good replacement needs to come in. 
  • Williams does not count towards the cap under his current contract so doesn't make sense to let him go. Might be an idea for Bowyer to figure out why a club at a higher level is interested.
    Williams counts as far as I’m aware but only the part up to what the cap average is for the squad. The rest is over looked by the EFL as he was already under contract.
    they don’t just ignore his whole salary.
  • Would be gutted if he left. 
  • edited January 2021
    CafcSCP said:
    Williams does not count towards the cap under his current contract so doesn't make sense to let him go. Might be an idea for Bowyer to figure out why a club at a higher level is interested.
    Williams counts as far as I’m aware but only the part up to what the cap average is for the squad. The rest is over looked by the EFL as he was already under contract.
    they don’t just ignore his whole salary.
    So you are saying that his salary counts approx £2,500 a week (the average if you divide the cap total with the number of players allowed) to us but anything over that isn’t included as his salary was sorted before the cap came in?

Genuinely asking as I still don’t think I have this fully worked out what does and doesn’t count in my head.