Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Just to clarify things, Williams has not been injured this season. I think he came back from international duty in November with a slight problem but that was cleared in a week or so.

In the 7 games he has started this season, we have picked up 18 points.

I personally think we are a better team when he’s playing, alongside players like Shinnie too. If we could find a way of playing Williams, Shinnie, Millar, and Aneke all in the same team, we will win far more than we don’t.

Last season he started 9 of our first 12 games where we picked up 21 points. He then got a meniscus injury and we picked up 7 points from the next 14 until he was back in the squad.

Some have their own opinions and that’s fine. For me, I would love him to stay, I think with a run of games he will shine and push us on to being a much better side, he’s a class above when he does, but that’s my own opinion.
    I agree with all of this.Just a shame that LB is not of the same opinion 
  • Will be the end of us having games called off due to internationals for a while.
  • Pedro45 said:
    Randall for Williams would be a great switch if we can make it happen. 
    But not effected by the cap, Randall would have to hit the ground running.  Better to keep Williams AND buy Randall.

Ease him in and the, then depending on what divison we are in, make the call on Williams, no?

If we sell Williams to buy Randall that would be about budgets not cap restrictions. 
  • I’d prefer him to stay, still believe he can offer a lot for us this season. Plus who knows if we pick up anymore injuries, then he’ll move up the list very quickly for opportunities to start. 

If we are looking to sell him, feel it would he amateur to do so without having a player coming in immediately to replace. 
  • Alfie £650,000
    Money left over from Bonne £1.5m
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

Can anyone see us spending tomorrow?.
  • If we’re not talking to him about a new deal then he’d be mad not to go.
    I’d rather he stayed but equally, not devastated if he does leave. 
    Can change a game but injuries always lurking and doesn’t carry a huge goal or assist threat. 
  • Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

I thought Sandgaard already said that the Bonne money went back in to run the club day-to-day. 
  • Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

Out of interest, what makes you think we got 100k for Bogle ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    If we’re not talking to him about a new deal then he’d be mad not to go.
    Can change a game but injuries always lurking and doesn’t carry a huge goal or assist threat. 
    I think he has missed 1 game through injury in the last year. 
  • I’d let him go in a heartbeat. He is a very good player when he’s on his game but it doesn’t happen often enough. I actually think that he is more suited to The Championship where the football is less direct and physical than League 1. At the start of last season when we had him, Cullen and Gallagher was when we played our best football until he got injured. 
    If he doesn’t leave now he will go at the end of the season so we’d be better to try and start rebuilding now 
    We are on the home strait of the transfer window. That doesn’t give us much time to rebuild
  • Dizzle said:
    Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

Out of interest, what makes you think we got 100k for Bogle ?
    Bogle definitely went on a free transfer
  • Might have to change my name. 

But I'd move him on if we have a replacement signing lined up who is better, I'd keep him if we don't. It's that simple. 200k is not worth jeopardising the next 21 games, given we can't apparently spend the money we have anyway. 
  • 100k for bogle, he would have cost us money. surely we encouraged bogle to leave with a pay off? Unless doncaster have matched or increased his salary.
  • Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

The KAG sell on would have been more than all of the above combined.  That said with Covid, our losses will be huge, my so hardly a surprise we have not seen spending.

Will be interesting to see if TS is more generous than RD in time though which is certainly what many believe, I think because of his stated ambition.
  • Can't see us getting more then £200k for Bogle and George.
  • edited January 2021
    Can't see us getting more then £200k for Bogle and George.
    I'd be surprised if we got anywhere near £200k for George

Got to remember how much we paid for Purrington as an example, we also signed Schwartz for about £300k
  • edited January 2021

Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    ‘Lurking’
    You dont think JW is injury prone? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see us getting more then £200k for Bogle and George.

Got to remember how much we paid for Purrington as an example, we also signed Schwartz for about £300k
    George and Bogle.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

I thought Sandgaard already said that the Bonne money went back in to run the club day-to-day. 
    I am not making any comparisons but can you imagine what the reaction would have been if our Belgium friend sold 5 players and replaced them with frees and loans and used the fees to cover some of the day-to-day costs? 
    Not to mention sign a player from his native country... Oh no!!!
  • edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Alfie £650,000
    Bogle £100k
    Lapsile £100k
    Williams?.

I am not making any comparisons but can you imagine what the reaction would have been if our Belgium friend sold 5 players and replaced them with frees and loans and used the fees to cover some of the day-to-day costs? 

Our Belgian friend didn't have a salary cap to deal with, apart from the self-imposed one.
  • In my opinion we’d have got nothing for Bogle, maybe even had to pay up part of the remainder of his contract, and maybe £10k to £20k for Lapslie, we sold him to Mansfield not Man Utd.
  • Thomas put in £11m is that from last September until June.Then £4m EFl,maybe £1.5m from support then player sales.
  • In my opinion we’d have got nothing for Bogle, maybe even had to pay up part of the remainder of his contract, and maybe £10k to £20k for Lapslie, we sold him to Mansfield not Man Utd.
    Ok
  • edited January 2021
    Can't see us getting more then £200k for Bogle and George.

George and Bogle.
    How do you get any transfer fee out of the below?

• Valley11 said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    ‘Lurking’
    You dont think JW is injury prone? 
    A lot of his historic injuries are through being kicked or falling after being kicked, I don't think he is as injury prone as people make out.  Also worth mentioning but he hasn't seemed to of had the muscle injuries in training that a lot of our players have had over the last 18 months.

I am sure @Sage can add something either way.