Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i saw enough of stockley in the first 5 minutes the other night to know he is a massive upgrade on bogle 
    Become a scout then...15 minutes is not enough.  George Weah's cousin is the only player to have been judge in 15 minutes and even then Southampton didn't spot he was poor during 2 weeks of training. 
    Are you Omar’s dad?
    Are you a writer of stupid questions. 
    Can you take the Bogle stuff to the Bogle thread? Reading a never ending argument about whether he was really shite or just a bit shite is boring.
    Are you this threads dad? 
    Are you this forums father?
  • LTKapal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i saw enough of stockley in the first 5 minutes the other night to know he is a massive upgrade on bogle 
    Become a scout then...15 minutes is not enough.  George Weah's cousin is the only player to have been judge in 15 minutes and even then Southampton didn't spot he was poor during 2 weeks of training. 
    Are you Omar’s dad?
    Can you take the Bogle stuff to the Bogle thread? Reading a never ending argument about whether he was really shite or just a bit shite is boring.
    Are you this threads dad? 
    Are you this forums father?
    Are you the guy who makes lists? 
    Yes. :lol:

• Whilst i think most people on here would agree we need another centre back i think we've had a good window so far.

OUTS:
    Doughty (didn't want to sign a new deal, injured for months anyway)
    Lapslie (well liked but probably ultimately not at the level we aspire to be)
    Bogle (not good enough)
    Smyth (decent squad player but not our decision that QPR wanted to recall him)

INS:
    Millar (promising start, one of our better players this month)
    Schwartz (needed an extra striker, just need to ensure we get him some service)
    Stockley (definite upgrade on Bogle)

Stockley being an upgrade on Bogle has yet to be proven. Particularly as we need to see how well Bogle does at Doncaster. 
    Genuine question... are you related to Bogle?
    Genuine answer , are you a mummy or just plain silly.  My argument is that he is better than you think because he could never be good enough for the standard you set others but not yourself. He isn't as good as Bowyer and Gallen thought so was it based judgement.  After all Doncaster,  a better team currently than Charlton beat us with embarrassing ease at the Valley. And now he is with them . Work it out for yourself. 
    Is that a yes?
  • Reckon the Randall seal isn’t dead. Suspect we’ve said £600k or whatever and that’s the final offer. Exeter waiting for as long as possible to see if they get a better offer between now and Monday. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Reckon the Randall seal isn’t dead. Suspect we’ve said £600k or whatever and that’s the final offer. Exeter waiting for as long as possible to see if they get a better offer between now and Monday. 

• DOUCHER said:
    don't fancy the pay cut 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Are you Omar’s dad?
    Have you a vocabulary that is larger than a couple of crude descriptive adjectives ? 
    I worry a little about you, incredible amount of anger in your posts.
  • edited January 2021
    Probably total bollocks, but wonder if this wouldn't have some benefits with an eye to next season were it true 

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    MattF said:
    99% sure this is total bollocks, but wonder if this wouldn't have some benefits with an eye to next season were it true 

Journo Phil Cadden, yes the Sun but covers Welsh aspect, also reports this. Probably got it from him.

Would prefer to keep as still shows glimpses of brilliance but won't stay next season. Also Champ club comes calling, not surprised if players leave. 

Williams is one of those footballers that has said happiness is worth more than money so who knows. 
  • Markg2004 said:
    MattF said:
    99% sure this is total bollocks, but wonder if this wouldn't have some benefits with an eye to next season were it true 

Journo Phil Cadden, yes the Sun but covers Welsh aspect, also reports this. Probably got it from him.
    Yeah just seen that, also just twigged the Mick Mccarthy connection

• edited January 2021

I think it has some legs and I can see Bowyer letting him go. 
  • Would be a shame to see Jonny move on six months earlier than expected but if it frees up room for one of our targets then I wouldn’t be opposed.
  • Jonny won’t be leaving before the summer.
  • edited January 2021
    Definitely has legs. That Sun journo is legit. Covers Wales. Suspect Bowyer and Gallen doing more tinkering 
  • Jonny won’t be here next season. Even if we manage to go up I don’t think Bowyer will want to keep him unless he’s willing to sit on the bench and take a very small contract. With that in mind it might be a case of getting a little bit of cash for him now and moving him on to make space for a player who will play every week. The fact is, as much as I love him he hasn’t been consistently good for us since October 2019, which was a very long time ago. Injuries and then a total loss of form have really washed him out for us. If him leaving allows us to bring in a physical midfielder who can play a bit then that would be a trade up. 
  • Costs a fair bit, doesn't actually offer all that much and is a Welsh lad so it's going home for him :wink:

(Yes I am aware he was born just outside Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    don't fancy the pay cut 
    Furlough  pays too much then ?
    r u having a bad evening? :)
  • Can’t say I’d be too bothered as long as he was replaced. He was good in the promotion season, one of our better players last year but is so inconsistent. 

• RC_CAFC said:
    This is a genuinely interesting rumour. I am a really big fan of Williams, and would be sad to see him go as I firmly believe there is championship quality in him, but I think we’ll all agree something isn’t quite working for him here. I honestly think if they offer something half decent, we’d be interested in this. I don’t think Bowyer sees him in his strongest 11.
    agreed - i like him but he's not being used correctly and would make sense to offload 
  • Like Williams but understandable if he goes, under a salary cap a player who can’t regularly play 90 minutes is a bit of a luxury. If we can bring in a fitter attacking midfielder/winger we’ll probably get better value for money. If that’s a younger player here on a permanent deal even better.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Reckon the Randall seal isn’t dead. Suspect we’ve said £600k or whatever and that’s the final offer. Exeter waiting for as long as possible to see if they get a better offer between now and Monday. 

Ahem Dazzler may I refer you to my comment on this thread back in early December:

If we are still looking at a Sorba Thomas type player then Joel Randall at Exeter looks a decent prospect. I'm sure Matt Taylor wouldn't sell us a dud!

Not an "in the know" comment but as the person responsible for alerting Messrs Bowyer and Gallen to the talents of Joel Randall surely that is worth some recognition?

PS If he does sign and does prove to be a dud after all then I might have to deny all knowledge of the lad!
  • We need some good attacking options if are to lose Washington (injury), Doughty, Smyth and Williams in the transfer window. Sadly for me, the days of JW magic have started to dry up and it will suit him to be part of an attacking and passing team, with tactics.