Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    I’d love to know what clubs were for/against the cap.

The problem is, if Accrington go up this season it can be seen as ‘successful’. If anything I would’ve thought most clubs finishing outside the top 10 would vote for it to give themselves a greater chance.

At the end of the day, football isn’t a fair game, so I don’t know why the EFL are trying to pretend it is. We’ve been shit on many times over the last few years, I’d have no problem with the cap going and us buying the league.
    Dunno if Accrington and Lincoln voted against it and then go up, that could heavily swing the vote towards getting rid of it

You'll have three teams that come down from the Championship and I'd be surprised if any of those will vote for the cap, well maybe Wycombe, but even then they're no doubt experiencing the difficulties of sending their players out on loan so may be against it themselves

Suddenly there is a one vote swing to get rid of it rather than a one vote swing to introduce it

Only factor is the other end of the tablke where we may need Wigan to survive themselves, but then you've got Salford currently in the League Two Play-Offs and cant see them being in favour of restrictions given their attitude so far to spending
    Salford actually voted for the salary cap. I remember seeing a documentary on TV where Gary Neville explained he voted for the salary cap as he wanted to look out for the wider interest in football rather than Salford's own interests. I know you only picked Salford as an example but just thought it an interesting point of view. I wonder if Neville has since changed his mind on the cap.
    Cheers I genuinely didnt realise... I actually mentioned them as thought they'd have been against the Salary Cap
  • How will we spot him ? 
  • Rumours on social media that a "new player" will be in the stands watching today.
    When pressed, he says check Exeter’s line up for the absence of a midfielder 
  • There needs to be some sort financial restrictions on clubs as the economic state of too many clubs is dire.  We have seen from recent clubs in administration that the purchase appetite from extremely wealthy individuals has waned and instead has been replaced by a bunch of chancers/grifters.  The EFL has tried financial fair play and it hasn’t worked.  I have no problem with a cap.  The problem is the cap level is too low.  They set the cap at a level to force clubs into profitability but that shouldn’t be the intent of the cap.  The intent of the cap should to be set at a level to prevent clubs from making poor decisions which lead to administration.  I have no clue what the right number is but the current level is way too low.
    This is dilemma isn't it?

Surely the solution would be to make the owner personally liable for any spending above income?  If Thomas wants to pay Chuks £30k a week, and he can afford it, why shouldn't he be able to?

The problems come when you get a situation like Wigan, or indeed us, where the owner loads the debt onto the clubs books and expect them to be paid back by someone else.   

If you enforced zero losses, with a massive, punative penalty I don't know say - 30 points, but allow owners/investors/fans to put money in as much money as equity or sponsorship that would be fine wouldn't it?

FFP is not to protect smaller clubs, it's to protect the "old money" clubs from any potential "new money" upstarts. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Rumours on social media that a "new player" will be in the stands watching today.
    When pressed, he says check Exeter’s line up for the absence of a midfielder 
    Just guesswork cos Randall isn’t in the Exeter squad (the player we were linked with earlier in the window)?? He’s been absent from the squad in the last couple of games IIRC with injury. 
  • Southbank said:
    Has to be a CB
    You need to get back on topic; what do you mean, "has to be a CB"  ........ when we're only discussing the wage cap? :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Does Randall wear a cap?
  • mart77 said:

That doesnt look like the Valley in the background?
  • He won't see anything from our team to impress him today.
  • cfgs said:
    He won't see anything from our team to impress him today.
    Great isnt it... Can sign him before he sees us play so wont have a clue what he's getting himself into

Had we played today he'd have been back in Exeter faster than you could have said his name
  • cfgs said:
    True. The game is off.
  • Rumours on social media that a "new player" will be in the stands watching today.
    Watching what ? 

;0)
  • Redrobo said:
    cfgs said:
    True. The game is off.
    Think that was the joke...
  • Sponsored links:

• No Randall for Exeter 
  • Where are these tweets with this rumour? I can’t see Randall signing as they want £1mill unless they’ve changed their tune with his injury?
  • DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Thanks for the info, Permanent or loans?
  • DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Which would rule out Randall (not that I expected us to be buying him) as he's L2!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Wonder if its the same center half I was told about in the summer window. I'll ask the question. 
  • cblock said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Thanks for the info, Permanent or loans?
    don't know