Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Vfrf said:
    Whilst i think most people on here would agree we need another centre back i think we've had a good window so far.

OUTS:
    Doughty (didn't want to sign a new deal, injured for months anyway)
    Lapslie (well liked but probably ultimately not at the level we aspire to be)
    Bogle (not good enough)
    Smyth (decent squad player but not our decision that QPR wanted to recall him)

INS:
    Millar (promising start, one of our better players this month)
    Schwartz (needed an extra striker, just need to ensure we get him some service)
    Stockley (definite upgrade on Bogle)

Stockley being an upgrade on Bogle has yet to be proven. Particularly as we need to see how well Bogle does at Doncaster. 
    Irrelevant how he plays at Doncaster. It's about how he played for us and aside from the odd piece of hold-up play, was awful. 

Stockley is absolutely an upgrade, you can put your house on that. 
    You put yours on it. I don't want to be made homeless through a foolhardy statement made by someone else ! Would  you ?
    Yeah, I didn't actually mean do it bud, it's a turn of phrase where you're very confident in the outcome. 
  • I suspect that a lot of deals will be done late when players know their options. 

My hope is that our CB could be Liam Lindsay. Will the Doughty deal give us some leverage in terms of wages? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Baah from Rochdale? 
  • Have we done the Randall and Hopkirk(deceased )gag yet ? 
  • Have we done the Randall and Hopkirk(deceased )gag yet ? 
    We're signing Hopkirk? 

He ghosted past a defender last week.

• Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    cblock said:
    DOUCHER said:
    news i have from a normally very reliable source is a central defender from a championship club and a winger from league 1 
    Thanks for the info, Permanent or loans?
    don't know 
    thanks again
  • DOUCHER said:
    i saw enough of stockley in the first 5 minutes the other night to know he is a massive upgrade on bogle 
    Stockley is/was exactly what we didn't have all our strikers, attacking mids and defenders will benifit from having him. 

Probably the best signing we have made, under Thomas, in the sense he gives us something we didn't have at all.

The fact Bogle, and to an extent Aneke, cant do what he does despite being asked, and trying, to do doesn't reflect on their ability at doing something else. It's like saying Innis is unreservedly an up grade on Gunter.
  • RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    That's a good shout, I'd take him in a heartbeat & caused us all kinds of problems. Only thing is Millar is playing LW - sure he wouldn't mind going down the right. Two good wingers with Stockley would be very nice indeed. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jordan Graham from Gills? Still young, way too good for Gillingham and I can’t imagine he’s expensive
  • Vfrf said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    That's a good shout, I'd take him in a heartbeat & caused us all kinds of problems. Only thing is Millar is playing LW - sure he wouldn't mind going down the right. Two good wingers with Stockley would be very nice indeed. 
    Baah had a good first half and was completely anonymous in the second.  He's very young and has a lot to learn but has potential but I wouldn't think he is ready for a move yet
  • Vfrf said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    Baah would be an outstanding signing.  Can you see us playing 2 wingers and 2 strikers? 
  • RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    No chance of him coming here. West Ham made a bid for him only the other day
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    Baah would be an outstanding signing.  Can you see us playing 2 wingers and 2 strikers? 
    I stopped having selection opinions when I saw Chris Gunter and Darren Pratley in CB with Deji Oshilaja warming the bench for a month - and Charlie Barker playing U23s.

That said, my best formation with a winger like Baah would be 433 with Baah - Stockley - Millar. Just to pre-empt criticism, I'm sure we won't be in for Baah.
  • Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    I stopped having selection opinions when I saw Chris Gunter and Darren Pratley in CB with Deji Oshilaja warming the bench for a month - and Charlie Barker playing U23s.

That said, my best formation with a winger like Baah would be 433 with Baah - Stockley - Millar. Just to pre-empt criticism, I'm sure we won't be in for Baah.
    I would love it if we signed Baah now, real intent. 

IMO Bowyer is/was at his best when he had 1 formation with subtle changes and signed players to play it.

He has that at the moment but I think another winger might cloud it again. 
  • edited January 2021
    RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    No chance of him coming here. West Ham made a bid for him only the other day
    Yeah just read West Ham and Rangers both looking at him plus the usual agent links-Juventus, Bayern, Man City lol he’s out of contract in the summer so will be moving. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Baah from Rochdale? 
    i don't have any more info than what i've posted
  • Tyreece John Jules linked from Arsenal
  • RedJohn said:
    Tyreece John Jules linked from Arsenal
    I wondered whether Donny's new signings may bump him out. 

Could he be the ' L1 winger '.
  • Richard J said:
    RedJohn said:

Scrub that. 

Just read that he has a hamstring injury which may keep him out for the season. 
  • Imagine it will be 1 loan and 1 permanent as wouldn’t make sense to have 6 loans players.
  • edited January 2021
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    RedJohn said:

Scrub that. 

Just read that he has a hamstring injury which may keep him out for the season. 
    Perfect another one who will fit in nicely. At least he would keep the physios in a work routine to which they have become accustomed 😉.
  • DOUCHER said:
    i saw enough of stockley in the first 5 minutes the other night to know he is a massive upgrade on bogle 
    Become a scout then...15 minutes is not enough.  George Weah's cousin is the only player to have been judge in 15 minutes and even then Southampton didn't spot he was poor during 2 weeks of training. 
    Are you Omar’s dad?