Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tottenham set to recall Troy Parott from millwall as he’s not getting game time, unless they can find him another loan deal.

Surely we’re in for him?!  Pacey forward to replace smyth, gets to stay local, a league below so more chance of game time and I’m sure we were linked last season?
    I don't think we will go for another loan striker because Maatsen, Shinnie, Millar and Famewo will all be in the 18 when fit, probably actually the 11.  So then it's a choice between Stockley or new loan in the squad. 

I think it will be a perm younger midfielder come winger or a center back. 
    Never thought of that, makes sense.  I think we will certainly see one come in after Smyth and Bogle both going, winger who can do striker my guess.
    Stockley, Schwartz and Millar in Bogle and Smyth out.  I think we are significantly better stocked there now.

You could potentially use the wages to renew Aneke and/or JFCs contracts as well? 
    I saw Millar as separate from the forwards in bowyers eyes.  He mentioned 2 starting and 2 on the bench post match the other day, I saw that as Washington, Stockley, Aneke and one of Smyth/Bogle.  Now two of them are gone I think he will reinforce there.
    Schwarz is the fourth
  • Get a couple of signings in today Charlton.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tottenham set to recall Troy Parott from millwall as he’s not getting game time, unless they can find him another loan deal.

Surely we’re in for him?!  Pacey forward to replace smyth, gets to stay local, a league below so more chance of game time and I’m sure we were linked last season?
    I don't think we will go for another loan striker because Maatsen, Shinnie, Millar and Famewo will all be in the 18 when fit, probably actually the 11.  So then it's a choice between Stockley or new loan in the squad. 

Never thought of that, makes sense.  I think we will certainly see one come in after Smyth and Bogle both going, winger who can do striker my guess.
    Stockley, Schwartz and Millar in Bogle and Smyth out.  I think we are significantly better stocked there now.

You could potentially use the wages to renew Aneke and/or JFCs contracts as well? 
    I saw Millar as separate from the forwards in bowyers eyes.  He mentioned 2 starting and 2 on the bench post match the other day, I saw that as Washington, Stockley, Aneke and one of Smyth/Bogle.  Now two of them are gone I think he will reinforce there.
    Schwarz is the fourth
    I’m having a mare this morning.  
    RUMOURS please people let’s stick to rumours.
  • We currently have one CB on half decent form, one off form and 2 injured, one maybe long term.. It has to be a CB in
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Or use it to buy a centre half. 

100% a CB.
    Being a League 1 club instead of a Championship club, the chance of getting a good young CB in Pickering at Crewe is a non starter but with Pearce looking very fragile now and Inniss and Famewo emulating Wiggins and Page we desperately need a CB to play alongside the improved Oshilaja. If Ryan and Akin ever get fit then we have 4 to chose from but don't hold your breath on that option. 5 if you include Jason.

We have Millar, Schwartz, Stockley, Washington, Aneke and Williams as attacking players, and Maddison but that may be a lost cause unfortunately.

If I was the owner, I would want to speak to both Marcus and Lee about what the hell is going on. It would be resolved one way or the other. 
  • Desperately need a CB. Any other signing at this point would be crazy. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Weird isn't it Smyth and Bogle have both gone to promotion rivals...
    We've been their pre-season. If these rivals are improved by these players, it will be interesting! 
  • mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We've been their pre-season. If these rivals are improved by these players, it will be interesting! 
    I mean they’ve not exactly been treated well by the fans here. I’m sure they’re quite happy to move on 
  • Sponsored links:

• esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I mean they’ve not exactly been treated well by the fans here. I’m sure they’re quite happy to move on 
    I did mention earlier in the season that I would feel for Bogle if we had a full North stand!
  • edited January 2021
    Is there a way of signing Shinnie on a permanent deal in order to free up a load space?

As i understand it Luton are paying the majority of his wages so could we possibly buy him from them and then they give him some dough to be used as wages until the end of the season.

I'm assuming he's out of contract at the end of the season?

I'm all confused!!!

• edited January 2021
    Is there a way of signing Shinnie on a permanent deal in order to free up a load space?

As i understand it Luton are paying the majority of his wages so could we possibly buy him from them and then they give him some dough to be used as wages until the end of the season.

I'm all confused!!!

Been discussed but I just can't see it working. If we sign Shinnie permanently, we still have to pay him a weekly wage. Is that weekly wage going to be less than what we are already paying towards his wages now? I doubt it. 

I think only way this works is if it's for a new signing, not one who we already have and aren't paying much for anyway. 
  • Is there a way of signing Shinnie on a permanent deal in order to free up a load space?

I'm all confused!!!

Yes we could.

Do we need another short term player?  We have 2 for each position as it stands.  What we don't have is enough long term players that are good enough.

Signing Shinnie, now on an 18 month contract might not be the best thing to do. 

If we bring in another player at all I would like someone that's potentially going to be here a while and grow with us.  Unless of course you can get a "silly good loan" that would obviously improve us massively. 
  • edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

I'm all confused!!!

Yes we could.

Do we need another short term player?  We have 2 for each position as it stands.  What we don't have is enough long term players that are good enough.

Signing Shinnie, now on an 18 month contract might not be the best thing to do. 

If we bring in another player at all I would like someone that's potentially going to be here a while and grow with us.  Unless of course you can get a "silly good loan" that would obviously improve us massively. 
    Agree with this, Shinnie has shown some nice touches but he’s no spring chicken and I know he’s just come back from injury but he looks a bit pedestrian to me. Need to see a lot more from him if we are to sign him on a perm.

Edit; Just to clarify for the lollers, Shinnie has played 11 games was out injured for 8 and came on as sub v Pboro and cocked up for their 2nd goal. He was also blowing out of his arse 2nd half tracking back v Swindon which also nearly cost us. Took his goal well though. My point being let’s make sure that injury has not had a long term effect on his pace before we consider making him permanent like the OP suggested
  • mart77 said:
    The SLP are saying that Bogle will sign for Doncaster today to free up squad space. 
    He is signing for them to get away from the shit he gets here. Not out if kindness to free ups space. 
    You must have read a different SLP piece...
  • Smyth’s gone to Accrington? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I am sure he did it out ot the kindness of his heart. 
    I doubt it was Bogle's choice, we probably said we are going to let you go or you won't be getting much game time.
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    The SLP are saying that Bogle will sign for Doncaster today to free up squad space. 
    He is signing for them to get away from the shit he gets here. Not out if kindness to free ups space. 
    Does it reinforce  your bias or did he do it because  he felt he wanted to help the club out. I doubt  it was the latter.
    I think he just got offered more playing opportunity at Donny. Knowing where he stands here in the pecking order, he left us and tbh I see this as a good move for all parties. I think sometimes we read too much into things. Sometimes things don’t work out and we all move on. 

Any abuse Bogle has received on social media is disgusting but I see this move as far more the lad looking out for his own footballing future as opposed to fleeing any abuse. 

I doubt it was Bogle's choice, we probably said we are going to let you go or you won't be getting much game time.
    Well if the right offer hadn't come up, he would have stayed put
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Does it reinforce  your bias or did he do it because  he felt he wanted to help the club out. I doubt  it was the latter.
    I think he just got offered more playing opportunity at Donny. Knowing where he stands here in the pecking order, he left us and tbh I see this as a good move for all parties. I think sometimes we read too much into things. Sometimes things don’t work out and we all move on. 

Any abuse Bogle has received on social media is disgusting but I see this move as far more the lad looking out for his own footballing future as opposed to fleeing any abuse. 
    I havent looked at our remaining fixture list but I can just see his mooted celebration as he slams one into the top corner from 30 yards to complete his hatrick against us 

Or he got offered 18 months, on assumingly the same if not more money? 
  • edited January 2021

I'm all confused!!!
    It would be useful if we could do that with Shinnie, but I can't see it happening or being legal. 

We need to free up a bit more salary if we want a decent, experienced player in though... (the below is total assumption on salaries, but weirdly fits about right!)

The cap is £48,076.92 a week or £2.5m a year, I make it that if Bogle was on £3k a week we have about £1k a week to play with if we're paying £2k a week for using Stockley.
    (Some loans may be cheaper - Famewo and Shinnie prime examples, some Perms may be overestimated too!) 

• Total respect to Bowyer and Gallen for making these sorts of decisions and thanks to the leaving players for their contributions while here. It is easy to get frustrated watching players you believe should/could be doing better, but none of us are forgetting the utter mess we were in before TS took over and frankly I was grateful to any player willing to sign a contract with us, short term or otherwise and donning that red shirt over the last few months.

We have entered a new era since and can once again look to a bit more (assured) quality rather than the constant roll of the die and hope it works out over the last 12 months (pre TS’ arrival).

Hoping we secure a centre half, winger and an athletic box to box midfielder before the window shuts, but suspect one of those three will be a bonus, having already secured Ronnie, Stockley and Millar in this window.
    Would like to the box to box as priority but a CB is a close 2nd. 

Lets see what the magic team will whip up before Monday!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm all confused!!!
    It would be useful if we could do that with Shinnie, but I can't see it happening or being legal. 

We need to free up a bit more salary if we want a decent, experienced player in though... (the below is total assumption on salaries, but weirdly fits about right!)

The cap is £48,076.92 a week or £2.5m a year, I make it that if Bogle was on £3k a week we have about £1k a week to play with if we're paying £2k a week for using Stockley.
    (Some loans may be cheaper - Famewo and Shinnie prime examples, some Perms may be overestimated too!) 

Shinnie is on about 4-5k a week, of which Luton are paying the lions share.

Shows how difficult the summer is going to be...... All those 1.7k a week suddenly vanish (bar 2).