Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Haven't read the whole thread but last season we had 3 ST, me, missus, little fella.
    Bought 2 this year for missus and little fella.
    If and of course a big if we are lucky to be selected Wednesday is  it only the missus and little fella who can attend or can I take the little fella, as this was always our plan due to other commitments and normally wouldn't be an issue. 
    I'm just wondering whether you'd have to prove who you are on the turnstile? 
     you need photo ID, so I don’t think you would be able to go if you aren’t named on the ticket.
  • Having to open 3 stands for just 2000 people makes this an expensive exercise for the club

It's the same for most clubs - none of this makes commercial sense.
  • edited November 2020
    Having to open 3 stands for just 2000 people makes this an expensive exercise for the club
    I doubt if the marginal cost of opening the east stand to these small numbers is more than a few hundred quid.
  • Seeing as we couldn’t do it with season tickets this year, let me be the first to start, anyone got an email yet? 😁
  • No mention of those sensible fans who refused to buy season tickets as the money would only go in the pockets of the leeches running the club at the time. 
    Been going for 52 years and would have renewed as soon as Sandgaard took over but the club wouldn't put the tickets back on sale.
    So I have no chance to go. Harsh but fair? 
    Completely fair. Priority should be given to those who bought STs.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Well done the club for getting something sorted out at such short notice, shame it won't work for everyone but I hope I am drawn out, despite the restrictions and additional bits required I will be there like a shot Wednesday if lucky enough, I cant wait to get back. 

There are 4 home games in December, so with the number of ST holders most should get at least 1 game and probably 2
  • edited November 2020
    Is it still a 7pm ko ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it still a 7pm ko ?
    No 7.45
  • edited November 2020
    My story is I was a season ticket holder but I made the decision to stop in Duchatelet's 3rd season in charge as I didn't want to give money up front. When Bowyer had the phone call from Roland I then got a season ticket again in loyalty to Lee Bowyer in staying.
    When I realized early on, before most that Southall was a chancer and bull shitter then I was never going to  pay for the Range Rovers, Bitches and silicon breasts.

So no season ticket this season But quite right that it's only the season ticket holders.

Who ever goes please support. Forget picking a scapegoat as some of you enjoy to do. One wanker in the west stand never said a word of support but got off on giving abuse to Solly in the latter part of his Charlton career. 

Will be gutted if he gets a ticket.

• I’d be a bit sceptical that the club is able to differentiate easily between DA Bexley and DA Kent, which will be quite a large cohort of STs, but I suppose the third character of the postcode would probably tell them that If they understand the issue. 

The same would apply to the BR postcodes which cover Swanley (in Kent) as well as Bromley borough (in London) and the TN postcode which spills from Kent (tier three) into East Sussex (tier two), although in that case the county name is valid.

There will be many Kent postal addresses in Bexley and Bromley on the system that are actually in London and therefore in tier two. It’s also possible the government will bottle it and put West Kent in tier two next week after all.

I am diabetic, over 70 and Bexley is worse now than in September when I attended the Doncaster game. 

I object to being placed in a draw when I choose not to attend for the following reasons.

I am over 70 , diabetic and vulnerable for those reasons. In fact the Chief Medical officer advises against such actions for us..

Further the game will require me, if the same rules apply, to sit in the cold for 90 minutes before the game as well as the whole game plus waiting to leave on top of sitting with others who may be infected but not know it. And if I don't  go they sell my seat and I have to pay again to stream it.
    Fuck off...where is the HEALTH AND SAFETY in that. So the club is able to get the cost of my seat 3 times, once on the season ticket, once on the resale and then if I am mug enough,  a further £10 to stream the game. 

Bloody hell....even Roland was not as cynical as that.

Roland back? 

I wrote to an e-mail to the club  who did reply this morning.  The reply advised that I need a shielding letter to get out of the draw which I think is a bloody check. I am diabetic and on Meta forming tablets. I didn't  receive  a letter from the doctor. Many people in my position didn't. I was advised by a general Boris letter . It is not for the club to decide what is safe for me to do a d penalise me on that basis.

If I don't  tell the club of non attendance they just write of some Charlton  cash as I can't prove I didn't  print a ticket of and didn't  go. If I do they still don't issue Charlton  Cash back and I must pay to stream the game. 

The club know I am over 70. I have told the club my wife is also....I can't  attend and hope it will be ok.  I have no right to expose my wife because I am selfish and obsessed . My family  is one thing more important than Charlton. 

The club has charged into this without a thought.  I can say this because  they have changed  the date . They have removed my £35.00 Charlton  Cash  to stop me booking that ....very cynical. 

The club clearly  have no regard to elderly supporters except as a cash machine . 
    I realise the season tickets are more than reasonable but I bought a season ticket when others stood back because the club was possibly about to fold.

I stood by the club and now it does this. We know footballers have no loyalty. We now know clubs don't either. I am incandescent with rage over this.

The club could  not resell my seat on a normal match day as it would have no time to do so, yet it lays guidelines and timetables to be able to do it now ! Cynical is being polite.

Even Roland wasn't this cynical.  I never expected  this from my club....
    Are you related to Stuwall? 
  • I am allowed to personally allocate some of my shifts or rest days at work to suit my plans for that month.
    I obviously plan around Charlton fixtures but have come unstuck due to the game being moved from Tuesday to Wednesday. 
    As I work for the NHS its not easy to adjust my rota at short notice, hoping some flexibility is allowed as going to the match is the just the tonic I need right now despite the added regulations. 

• msomerton said:
    Another reason this not being allowed to opt out of the ballot is midweek games and people who work. Many will not be able to leave work early enough to make it to the Valley for 6pm let alone 5 30pm.
    KO is 7.45pm.
  • Interesting to see that being a Valley Gold member counts for nothing in terms of priority ticket access. I thought that priority access was recognised as a VG benefit. If that doesn’t apply in the current circumstances, I can’t see when else it would and why.
  • Crusty54 said:
    How does this work for clubs like Accrington (capacity around 5,000) - must be difficult to get 2,000 socially distanced fans in?
    They're in Tier 3 so no fans.

The limit would otherwise be half the stadium capacity.
    Thought that might be the case. Wimbledon however have a smaller capacity and tier 2. 2,000 people at the valley - less than 10% capacity is quite different to just under 50% capacity at kingsmeadow in terms of social distancing and getting people in and out of the ground
    They're at their new stadium now

Do clubs all need a 1000 person test event before going up to 2000 fans anyway?
    No clubs can go to the level that their tier allows, unless the local director of public health says differently, in which case the clubs would have to follow their instruction.
  • I obviously cant wait to get back to normal and fans back in the grounds but a little bit of me will be gutted. Living where I do I cannot get to alot of games so the streaming has been fantastic for me. Will this be stopped once the stadiums open do you think ? I obviously would love to see it continue 
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    I obviously cant wait to get back to normal and fans back in the grounds but a little bit of me will be gutted. Living where I do I cannot get to alot of games so the streaming has been fantastic for me. Will this be stopped once the stadiums open do you think ? I obviously would love to see it continue 
    I would guess that streaming will continue whilst stadium attendances are restricted, likely for the rest of the season I would imagine. Whether it continues after that is unclear, this pandemic has changed many things in many areas of life - the blackout on broadcasting 3pm kick offs may be one (very, relatively speaking) minor thing that is changed forever as a result.
  • I didn’t renew because of the pandemic - not missed it as much as I thought I would. Even if I did,  I don’t think I would want to go to a game with a couple of thousand people scattered around the ground. Quite happy to sit in doors, watch the stream and have a few beers. 

Well done to the club though for trying to make it work. 
    I imagine there will be a lot of complaints from season ticket holders next season when cash adjustments/refunds need to be given out.
    Tbf this must be an administration nightmare of the highest order for all clubs.

• SE7toSG3 said:
    Well done the club for getting something sorted out at such short notice, shame it won't work for everyone but I hope I am drawn out, despite the restrictions and additional bits required I will be there like a shot Wednesday if lucky enough, I cant wait to get back. 

Same here but I never win raffles so I’ve got no chance ! 
  • I didn’t renew because of the pandemic - not missed it as much as I thought I would. Even if I did,  I don’t think I would want to go to a game with a couple of thousand people scattered around the ground. Quite happy to sit in doors, watch the stream and have a few beers. 

Well done to the club though for trying to make it work. 
    I imagine there will be a lot of complaints from season ticket holders next season when cash adjustments/refunds need to be given out.
    Tbf this must be an administration nightmare of the highest order for all clubs.

Gillingham still haven’t sorted out refunds for last season I believe, might be the best way of dealing with it - just ignore the problem! 
  • edited November 2020
    It it utter rubbish in my eyes. I live in a tier 3 area and work in a tier 2 area. I stop at shops on the way to work and on the way home as well as petrol station. I have never been asked what area I'm from. 

People from tier 2 will go to bluewater in tier 3 that will happen 100% and they won't be questioned where there from as business will just want there money.

I have work all the way through covid. I have paper work from my work saying I'm a key worker. The longest I have been off work this year is 5 days. The only time I get off is weekends but like everyone im fed up of being locked up. 

I bought a season ticket for this year helped the club when they was being run badly by giving them my money. So to be told I can't go feels like a big kick in the teeth as they still had my money. I have been a season ticket holder 21 years in a row in the good and the bad times. I'm now asking my self wreath to get one next year.

I went to the test game and it was safer than me going to a supermarket or any other shops. 

I'm glad that there will be fans back at the valley i just don't agree with how its been done and yes I know its the government rules before you say.
  • It's quite simply staggering that someone chose to purchase a season ticket in a pandemic, that is the worst in all of our lives and is then outraged at the possibility that they may be allowed to attend and instead demands a refund.

I wonder how many ticket agencies would refund me, if I bought tickets for 20 different gigs today and then next week I contact the venues and say I can't attend due to Covid & my age & health?

I think the answer may be less than 1.
    But the club needed the money and chose to sell them to fans. So are the club in the wrong for selling them or fans who bought them hoping to be able to go and watch them? 
  • So, do I get a refund on my December Valley Pass bundle if I win the ballot for Wednesday and other home games next month?