Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• Options
    Another issue that could stop people attending the match is the photo I'd. I do not drive so are they expecting me to take my passport to the match, they have no chance of that. I am not taking it to work then at end of the work day taking it to a football match.
  • Options
    Another reason this not being allowed to opt out of the ballot is midweek games and people who work. Many will not be able to leave work early enough to make it to the Valley for 6pm let alone 5 30pm.
  • Options
    If people were genuinely concerned about the safety of going to live football matches (for health reasons etc) then I'm sure not sure why they renewed, as the virus was never likely to go away quickly. 
    Cannot see the point of buying a season ticket when you are likely to only go to about 3 games.
    My season ticket was bought as soon as news that sandgaard was taking over and crowds were going to be restricted to 7 and 8k.... subsequently both didn't happen, take over a couple of months later...

I usually buy it soon as they come out in March and have done for the last 25 years.
  • Options
    I’m a season ticket holder living in Manchester (Tier 3) and obviously won’t be going to Wednesdays game. There should be either an opt out option or the ability to transfer a ticket to another season ticket holder. 
    As you're in Tier 3 , presumably the club wouldn't offer you a seat anyway
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Another issue that could stop people attending the match is the photo I'd. I do not drive so are they expecting me to take my passport to the match, they have no chance of that. I am not taking it to work then at end of the work day taking it to a football match.
    Why not? It's one of a few forms of acceptable photo ID, don't understand why you would feel uncomfortable putting it in your pocket - these days it would be far worse losing your wallet or phone than a passport
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I’m outraged that the club haven’t catered to my specific circumstances.
    Maybe they don't know what they are...
  • Options
    Given the reaction so far, the club might be better off telling those tier 2 season ticket holders that want to go that they have until midnight Monday to let the ticket office know and if it is less than 2,000 the remaining tickets can be offered to season ticket holders from last year that are in tier 2 on a first come, first served basis on Tuesday 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Why not? It's one of a few forms of acceptable photo ID, don't understand why you would feel uncomfortable putting it in your pocket - these days it would be far worse losing your wallet or phone than a passport
    Given fans are being told they must wear a mask at all times, are there 2,000 charlton fans with photo ID of themselves wearing a mask ? 
    Was just commenting on why someone couldn't put their passport in their pocket mate as they would their wallet, not about wearing a mask for their passport photo
  • Options
    I have been a season ticket holder since returning to The Valley but for the last 14 years have lived in Huntingdon and since then attend very few night time games. That is my choice not to do so and I therefore miss at least 8 games a season whilst my seat remains empty. Could I have claimed money back on games not attended over these years?  I dont know.
    I will be in the ballot and would not opt out even if I was given the choice. as I would still want to attend weekend games if I was allocated a ticket. I will still not attend weeknight games and again my seat would remain empty.
    My point is if under normal circumstances you get money back for not attending games then you should not be penalised for not attending games during current times. However, if under normal circumstances a refund is not due for non attendance then why should now be any different?
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    I have been a season ticket holder since returning to The Valley but for the last 14 years have lived in Huntingdon and since then attend very few night time games. That is my choice not to do so and I therefore miss at least 8 games a season whilst my seat remains empty. Could I have claimed money back on games not attended over these years?  I dont know.
    I will be in the ballot and would not opt out even if I was given the choice. as I would still want to attend weekend games if I was allocated a ticket. I will still not attend weeknight games and again my seat would remain empty.
    My point is if under normal circumstances you get money back for not attending games then you should not be penalised for not attending games during current times. However, if under normal circumstances a refund is not due for non attendance then why should now be any different?
    Charlton season ticket holders definitely can’t get their money back for games they don’t attend (some big teams have secondary markets where you can sell you ST seat).
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the game on Valley Pass where there is some proper fan noise. Today's match sounded like it was in a swimming pool, but not as awful as the 'canned' fan noise.
  • Options
    Perhaps Chelsea have got the right idea

Chelsea Supporters Trust (CST) says the club's £75 ticket prices for their forthcoming Leeds game is a "clear exploitation of supporter loyalty".

With London in tier two of the new Covid-19 restrictions, Chelsea will be able to welcome up to 2,000 fans when they host Leeds on 5 December.

Supporters have not been allowed inside Stamford Bridge since 8 March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55114015

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How does this work for clubs like Accrington (capacity around 5,000) - must be difficult to get 2,000 socially distanced fans in?
  • Options
    clive said:

Chelsea Supporters Trust (CST) says the club's £75 ticket prices for their forthcoming Leeds game is a "clear exploitation of supporter loyalty".

With London in tier two of the new Covid-19 restrictions, Chelsea will be able to welcome up to 2,000 fans when they host Leeds on 5 December.

It’s ridiculous, I see Spurs are also charging £65.

Its not even like Chelsea need the money, £75 x 2,000 = £150k, peanuts to Chelsea compared to TV money. If I were Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal I would have gone for the good publicity angle and given the 2,000 tickets to frontline NHS staff. 
  • Options
    How does this work for clubs like Accrington (capacity around 5,000) - must be difficult to get 2,000 socially distanced fans in?
    Lancashire's in Tier 3 so not a problem for them - no fans allowed.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    clive said:

It’s ridiculous, I see Spurs are also charging £65.

Its not even like Chelsea need the money, £75 x 2,000 = £150k, peanuts to Chelsea compared to TV money. If I were Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal I would have gone for the good publicity angle and given the 2,000 tickets to frontline NHS staff. 
    Top clubs exploiting their fans... #Shocked!!
  • Options
    They're in Tier 3 so no fans.

The limit would otherwise be half the stadium capacity.
  • Options
    Are the club trying to punish the fans who were willing to finance the crooks that previously owned the club or reward them for keeping the club going .£1m a month loss means a £250 season ticket helps the club for 11 mins 
  • Options
    Why is that the club are saying that if you cannot make the game you cannot instead use your season ticket ca f c cash to stream the game. The club will not loose any money that way. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cafctom said:
    Bloody hell, we really do have some fans who expect absolute perfection in the trickiest of circumstances, whilst those at the club are doing their best just to ensure that we can have fans back in the ground.

I’m reading things like “incandescent with rage” and “the club is taking the piss”.

Surely it has to cross people’s minds that after all the lobbying to get fans back, clubs have to be as ‘by the book’ and as in line with government rules as possible. If they are not, then we risk going straight back into a situation where fans will be banned again.

Actually lost for words at how demanding some people are being towards the club on this. It’s only been 48 hours since the new tier information came out - show some patience.
    It might be only 48 hours since the decision was made to allow a small return for spectators but the FA Prem and the EFL have been asking clubs to plan for this for months (trust me, I know!).

I'm not criticising the club and am not incandescent with rage - but an opt-out would allow 2,000 people to actually be there. I couldn't give a toss about not getting CAFC cash if I get a ticket in the ballot and I will pay for the live stream as well.

An opt-out might not be possible for the first game but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to get it in place for the games that follow.

If we can only have 2,000 at the game then I want 2,000 at the game.

Good for you if you don't care. I don't care if you don't care...I do care about paying twice. If the club feels that way it can get stuffed. After 57 years perhaps I have come to some senses.

As a matter of fact I have boycotted the streaming of the Ipswich game and surprise,   surprise not bothered. 

What does matter  time is staying safe and if CAFC don't  recognize that it is time to move on. 
    It was only Thursday that the Club found out what area was in what tier, even what tier the Club was in and hence how many they could let in.

Can’t you just give them a chance to sort out the numerous issues they must be facing and then approach them about your issues. I’ve always found the staff there very considerate and as accommodating as possible and I’m sure if you talk to them politely about your specific problems. If you go about it like you do on here then you might get short shrift.
    Polite query...thank you. Sadly the answer is no. The club want a written sick note and they will remove me from the lottery .
    but I can't  get one . I am over 70 ,and diabetic.  Being over 70 makes me vulnerable. The clubknow my age. The government tells me to not exactly  shield but stay safe. Not everyone  I  my position  got such a warning though . I have contacted  the club and been told the above. I think that is not considerate of them regarding my health.  Some people  think I should put up and shut up. They possibly didn't buy a season ticket to be swindled  on. The club could easily have accepted my position.  It chose not to.  Even clubs are not loyal to loyal fans it seems.
    I quite understand where you are coming from and can see that you are frustrated, maybe understandably so, maybe not. All I’m saying is let the dust settle a bit, maybe let them get the MKD game out of the way, and then drop them an email about your situation and what you’d like them to do, ie remove you from the lottery until further notice. I don’t think they will be unsympathetic to your situation and I just feel at this point they have been overwhelmed with enquiries and don’t yet have all the answers themselves.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    They're in Tier 3 so no fans.

The limit would otherwise be half the stadium capacity.
    Thought that might be the case. Wimbledon however have a smaller capacity and tier 2. 2,000 people at the valley - less than 10% capacity is quite different to just under 50% capacity at kingsmeadow in terms of social distancing and getting people in and out of the ground