Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• msomerton said:
    Why is that the club are saying that if you cannot make the game you cannot instead use your season ticket ca f c cash to stream the game. The club will not loose any money that way. 
    If you normally can’t make a game you don’t get a refund so why should it be any different now? 
  • msomerton said:
    Why is that the club are saying that if you cannot make the game you cannot instead use your season ticket ca f c cash to stream the game. The club will not loose any money that way. 
    If you normally can’t make a game you don’t get a refund so why should it be any different now? 
    It's not normal circumstances though Large.

• Crusty54 said:
    How does this work for clubs like Accrington (capacity around 5,000) - must be difficult to get 2,000 socially distanced fans in?
    They're in Tier 3 so no fans.

The limit would otherwise be half the stadium capacity.
    Thought that might be the case. Wimbledon however have a smaller capacity and tier 2. 2,000 people at the valley - less than 10% capacity is quite different to just under 50% capacity at kingsmeadow in terms of social distancing and getting people in and out of the ground
    They're at their new stadium now

Do clubs all need a 1000 person test event before going up to 2000 fans anyway?
  • se9addick said:
    msomerton said:
    Precedent, refunding season ticket holders when they can’t let them into the match is one thing. Giving them some form of compensation when they can’t make a match that they are entitled to attend is a very different scenario.
    These are unprecedented times,  as demonstrated by the fact only 2000 season tickets holders only allowed into the ground. The reason for the restriction is on public health grounds, they should show some latitude and allow season ticket holders chose to say no and pass my chance onto another, and allow the person so deciding to use their c a f c cash to stream the game.
  • It should be remembered that there were strong rumours earlier last week that London could be going into tier 3.
  • PopIcon said:
    I personally think this is the fairest way to do it.
    I'd be intrested to know what percentage of our season ticket holders live in Kent. I lot I would imagine.
    Yes. I reckon there may be less than 2000 qualifying season ticket holders once Tier 3 addresses are ruled out.
  • meldrew66 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I'd be intrested to know what percentage of our season ticket holders live in Kent. I lot I would imagine.
    Yes. I reckon there may be less than 2000 qualifying season ticket holders once Tier 3 addresses are ruled out.
    So club will have spare tickets to sell for Wednesday.
  • se9addick said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    msomerton said:
    Precedent, refunding season ticket holders when they can’t let them into the match is one thing. Giving them some form of compensation when they can’t make a match that they are entitled to attend is a very different scenario.
    These are unprecedented times,  as demonstrated by the fact only 2000 season tickets holders only allowed into the ground. The reason for the restriction is on public health grounds, they should show some latitude and allow season ticket holders chose to say no and pass my chance onto another, and allow the person so deciding to use their c a f c cash to stream the game.
    But they only had six days from the formal notice by the government of exactly what was going on (I.e. which area was in which tier etc) and you need to give people who have been selected to attend at least 48 hours notice, so really you’ve got 4 days (two of which are a weekend). 

I don’t think they really could have released a questionnaire to x,000 season ticket holders, given time for response, received and analysed responses, run a ballot of those who wished to attend and then notified the successful in that time frame. And do you know what, even if the had of gone for that approach they would have been slated just the same. 

I think they’ve made the best of a bad situation and the fact that there are going to be any Charlton fans inside the Valley on Wednesday is wonderful. 
    100% this. 
  • Valley pass will still be popular.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very difficult decisions surrounding this. 

It’s clear that he perfect outcome from a ST fan perspective would be the ability to opt out and retain the CAFC cash. 

From the club perspective, it needs for logistical purposes the leanest, simplest form of admin arrangements to make things as viable as possible. It also desperately needs to start eating into your CAFC cash owed, as while it continues to accrue that will result in 2 years where they will be only getting heavily offset income. 

Successfully balloting potentially hundreds of people who can’t / have no wish to attend a game makes no sense though. The ground will be even emptier than it could be and you annoy those are successful but can’t / won’t attend, plus those unsuccessful but who wanted to go. No one wins there. 

Get MK Dons out the way as it’s too late to change now. But keeping the arrangements as simple as possible they could introduce a three month opt out to ST holders. If you decide to opt out, then your CAFC cash for the games in that period will still used up but you automatically qualify for free streams.

The club that way will be offering a cost effective alternative and ensuring those who can / want to be in the stadium are. In an ideal world that would be offered for every game, but logistically that just feels too much of an additional overhead. 3 months makes people think a bit more seriously of whether they want to be in or out. It can the be repeated end-Feb for the rest of the season, where fingers crossed the picture will be better and the opt ins higher. 

Need to factor in the situation where people are enforced out by tiering, but that’s my general suggestion 
  • meldrew66 said:
    PopIcon said:
    So club will have spare tickets to sell for Wednesday.
    Will the club sell them though, as how can they stop someone from Tier 3 from purchasing? 
  • Said before the club cant win whatever they do.Once wednesday is over,they have 10 days,its easy,invite anyone not wanting to go to let them know so they wont be balloted ,just give some slack for this first game.
  • No mention of those sensible fans who refused to buy season tickets as the money would only go in the pockets of the leeches running the club at the time. 
    Been going for 52 years and would have renewed as soon as Sandgaard took over but the club wouldn't put the tickets back on sale.
    So I have no chance to go. Harsh but fair? 
    I'm in exactly the same position. Been going 42 years but haven't had an ST since 17/18. My son's and I desperately waiting to buy ST's and attend any game - we can make Wednesday if any spares!

Live in tier 2 but would have to drive through some tier 3 to get to The Valley - but absolutely promise not to get out of the car.
  • SX_Addick said:
    Well done to the club for trying to make it work at such short notice. 

As someone who has missed only a dozen home games since the mid 1960s, and been a season ticket holder since 1974, I want to be there Wednesday as I do for every game. 

For good reason many won’t want / be able to use their ticket if they win in the ballot. It would be great if those people could email the club immediately so there is a chance the club could then offer it to someone else. 

I’m leaving it as late as possible to order my stream in the hope I get a message from the club offering me a ticket. I can get to The Valley at short notice. 

But the club will be racing against time to get everything ready, so there’ll be no criticism from me. Even if the crowd is well below 2,000. 

Good luck to all those involved. 
    Given your attendance over the years it would be a shame if you did not get in.
    I'd still go on the off chance of getting a ticket. 
  • edited November 2020
    meldrew66 said:
    PopIcon said:
    I think that’s unlikely. A majority of STs will be inside the M25, although bear in mind that includes a bit of Kent. However if the starting point is 4,600 I doubt if there will be 2,000 in that cohort willing and able to attend a midweek game at short notice, allowing for young children and elderly fans, and people who won’t want to go through the protocols.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    SX_Addick said:
    Well done to the club for trying to make it work at such short notice. 

As someone who has missed only a dozen home games since the mid 1960s, and been a season ticket holder since 1974, I want to be there Wednesday as I do for every game. 

For good reason many won’t want / be able to use their ticket if they win in the ballot. It would be great if those people could email the club immediately so there is a chance the club could then offer it to someone else. 

I’m leaving it as late as possible to order my stream in the hope I get a message from the club offering me a ticket. I can get to The Valley at short notice. 

But the club will be racing against time to get everything ready, so there’ll be no criticism from me. Even if the crowd is well below 2,000. 

Good luck to all those involved. 
    Given your attendance over the years it would be a shame if you did not get in.
    I'd still go on the off chance of getting a ticket. 
    People turning up on the 'off chance' will not gain access to the ground, people who are successful in the ballot will be emailed with an arrival time & location of where to queue to enter the ground, they will also have to be carrying ID so checks can be made for track & trace purposes, there maybe temperature checks on individuals
    at the turnstiles.
    Only print at home or tickets on mobile devices will work on the turnstiles.
    The procedure for entry to the stadium is completely different to a normal matchday experience.
    Exit from the ground is done on a row by row block by block basis, as i've mentioned previously if people think this is like a normal matchday, they are in for rude awakening.
    I’ve assumed it will be like the Donny game earlier this season. So nothing like a normal game unfortunately. 

• ‘Supporters to return to The Valley for Wednesday's game against MK Dons’

My mind keeps interpreting this as Sheffield Wednesday vs MKD at the Valley even though I know it’s us v them ... 
  • Ferryman said:
    No mention of those sensible fans who refused to buy season tickets as the money would only go in the pockets of the leeches running the club at the time. 
    Been going for 52 years and would have renewed as soon as Sandgaard took over but the club wouldn't put the tickets back on sale.
    So I have no chance to go. Harsh but fair? 
    I'm in exactly the same position. Been going 42 years but haven't had an ST since 17/18. My son's and I desperately waiting to buy ST's and attend any game - we can make Wednesday if any spares!

Live in tier 2 but would have to drive through some tier 3 to get to The Valley - but absolutely promise not to get out of the car.
    I think it’s pretty fair for the club to prioritise the few thousand that have bought tickets over the billions of people that haven’t. 
  • Bought a ticket as was desperate to get back if we were allowed.  Part of me won't mind missing out for Wednesday if it means I can go for the Wimbledon game on Saturday week.  I changed from lower West to East in the thought it was closed to allow players and press but looked to have been wrong on that one.  Oh well.  Well done to all at the club for getting it done and you can't please all the people all of the time. 
  • _MrDick said:

‘Supporters to return to The Valley for Wednesday's game against MK Dons’

My mind keeps interpreting this as Sheffield Wednesday vs MKD at the Valley even though I know it’s us v them ... 
    Wednesday should have been playing MK this season though if the Football League had any bollocks ...
  • Haven't read the whole thread but last season we had 3 ST, me, missus, little fella.
    Bought 2 this year for missus and little fella.
    If and of course a big if we are lucky to be selected Wednesday is  it only the missus and little fella who can attend or can I take the little fella, as this was always our plan due to other commitments and normally wouldn't be an issue. 
    I'm just wondering whether you'd have to prove who you are on the turnstile? 
  • Having to open 3 stands for just 2000 people makes this an expensive exercise for the club