Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Another reason this not being allowed to opt out of the ballot is midweek games and people who work. Many will not be able to leave work early enough to make it to the Valley for 6pm let alone 5 30pm.
    KO is 7.45pm.
    But they will expect you to arrive an hour and half to two hours before the game to go through all the checks before entering the ground.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    msomerton said:
    Another reason this not being allowed to opt out of the ballot is midweek games and people who work. Many will not be able to leave work early enough to make it to the Valley for 6pm let alone 5 30pm.
    KO is 7.45pm.
    But they will expect you to arrive an hour and half to two hours before the game to go through all the checks before entering the ground.
    ....and what if you don’t or can’t get there that early?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    If I'm successful in the ballot I'll go.
    If not, I'll stream the game.
    I'm not fussed either way, in these exceptional times that we are enduring.
    I'll drive there, so any risk to me is probably less than going to a supermarket.

If I were the club I may have been tempted to do nothing this week, as the opportunity to sort things is so difficult.
    I wonder how many of our staff are working as opposed to being furloughed?

Well done to the club. I appreciate their efforts and understand the massive task that they have in the next few days.

SE7toSG3 said:
    Well done the club for getting something sorted out at such short notice, shame it won't work for everyone but I hope I am drawn out, despite the restrictions and additional bits required I will be there like a shot Wednesday if lucky enough, I cant wait to get back. 

I'd rather @Blackpool72 kick me up the b@llocks than attend a game as it is at the moment.
    Could be a freezing December night and I might be expected to be in the ground for 3 and a half hours in me shorts.
    Got to let the club know 24 in advance if your not well enough to attend.
    A signed letter from the queen,  need me great nan and great grandad to come along to confirm who I am or need more documentation than you do for a mortgage application.
    If I want a couple of pints I'd need to take the day off work as youd need to have a meal with the drinks.
    No it's not for me and if I need to wait till next season then so be it.
    Enjoy my comrades , we will meet again somewhere in the country and when we do we will have a bloody good drink.

Harsh but fair.
  • Options
    Could the title not be amended to a more suitable MK?
    If a suffix is deemed necessary, may I suggest MK Donuts?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I'll drive there, so any risk to me is probably less than going to a supermarket.

If I were the club I may have been tempted to do nothing this week, as the opportunity to sort things is so difficult.

Well done to the club. I appreciate their efforts and understand the massive task that they have in the next few days.

SE7toSG3 said:
    Well done the club for getting something sorted out at such short notice, shame it won't work for everyone but I hope I am drawn out, despite the restrictions and additional bits required I will be there like a shot Wednesday if lucky enough, I cant wait to get back. 

I'd rather @Blackpool72 kick me up the b@llocks than attend a game as it is at the moment.
    Could be a freezing December night and I might be expected to be in the ground for 3 and a half hours in me shorts.
    A signed letter from the queen,  need me great nan and great grandad to come along to confirm who I am or need more documentation than you do for a mortgage application.
    If I want a couple of pints I'd need to take the day off work as youd need to have a meal with the drinks.
    Enjoy my comrades , we will meet again somewhere in the country and when we do we will have a bloody good drink.

Instead of a kick up the bollox how about a few beers together when all this shit is over. 
    Elfs round 😐
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Instead of a kick up the bollox how about a few beers together when all this shit is over. 
    Elfs round 😐
    I'd get more out the kick up the b@llocks mate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Elfs round 😐
    He never bought a round in the 50 odd years before lockdown, what makes you think he is going to start now?!?!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Elfs round 😐
    He never bought a round in the 50 odd years before lockdown, what makes you think he is going to start now?!?!
    Clb has promised to lend him 50 quid. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Elfs round 😐
    Clb has promised to lend him 50 quid. 
    Righto, all round Wetherspoons.  I'll throw in the peanuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    It's quite simply staggering that someone chose to purchase a season ticket in a pandemic, that is the worst in all of our lives and is then outraged at the possibility that they may be allowed to attend and instead demands a refund.

I wonder how many ticket agencies would refund me, if I bought tickets for 20 different gigs today and then next week I contact the venues and say I can't attend due to Covid & my age & health?

I think the answer may be less than 1.
    But the club needed the money and chose to sell them to fans. So are the club in the wrong for selling them or fans who bought them hoping to be able to go and watch them? 
    Neither, I don't think you understood my post you have quoted.
    Fans who bought them that don't want to go and be refunded are my point.
    Why buy something if you don't want it, but you do want a refund?
    Perhaps they did not understand what a pandemic is?
    I bought one as I want to go to football, i don't have no issue with going. So I do understand thanks. 

I did not know you spoke for all the season tickets holder?

Not 1 person knew how long this would go on for did they? People where probably hoping it would not last this long but it has gone for a lot longer than I would like i know that. Like I said I have work all the way throughout this like many other people have. 

I want to unwind and enjoy going to football with my dad. So sorry it upsets you that I bought a season ticket 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

Wait - have you ever seen Sandgaard & @i_b_b_o_r_g in the same room at the same time!
    £40k invoice going in 8 o's tomorrow
    Don’t forget the Range, everybody gets a Range.
  • Options
    and a pitch
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I didn’t renew because of the pandemic - not missed it as much as I thought I would. Even if I did,  I don’t think I would want to go to a game with a couple of thousand people scattered around the ground. Quite happy to sit in doors, watch the stream and have a few beers. 

Well done to the club though for trying to make it work. 
    I imagine there will be a lot of complaints from season ticket holders next season when cash adjustments/refunds need to be given out.
    Tbf this must be an administration nightmare of the highest order for all clubs.

Gillingham still haven’t sorted out refunds for last season I believe, might be the best way of dealing with it - just ignore the problem! 
    Millwall still havent not refunded the ticket money for when they were meant to play us as staff still on furlough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's quite simply staggering that someone chose to purchase a season ticket in a pandemic, that is the worst in all of our lives and is then outraged at the possibility that they may be allowed to attend and instead demands a refund.

I wonder how many ticket agencies would refund me, if I bought tickets for 20 different gigs today and then next week I contact the venues and say I can't attend due to Covid & my age & health?

But the club needed the money and chose to sell them to fans. So are the club in the wrong for selling them or fans who bought them hoping to be able to go and watch them? 
    Sounds like you may not understand what a pandemic is and why some season ticket holders either can’t or don’t want to go to the match.

In my case, I would in normal times expect to miss one or two matches a season if they’ve clashed with me being overseas or I’ve had a function to attend. I wouldn’t expect a refund in those circumstances. These are exceptional times, however, and I would expect to at least be able to watch the home games for free on Valley Pass. I can at the moment because of the cafc cash that’s been ‘refunded’. If i’m successful in the ballot and don’t go it sounds like I won’t qualify for the cafc cash for Wednesday’s match and I’d have to stump up more money to watch the game. Maybe that’s fair but it’s not a great incentive for me and others to buy another season ticket when the next pandemic hits and disrupts the season, which it will. 

• Options
    edited November 2020
    se9addick said:
    I didn’t renew because of the pandemic - not missed it as much as I thought I would. Even if I did,  I don’t think I would want to go to a game with a couple of thousand people scattered around the ground. Quite happy to sit in doors, watch the stream and have a few beers. 

Well done to the club though for trying to make it work. 
    I imagine there will be a lot of complaints from season ticket holders next season when cash adjustments/refunds need to be given out.
    Tbf this must be an administration nightmare of the highest order for all clubs.

Gillingham still haven’t sorted out refunds for last season I believe, might be the best way of dealing with it - just ignore the problem! 
    Millwall still havent not refunded the ticket money for when they were meant to play us as staff still on furlough. 
    Poor

The money from our cancelled Cardiff away game was refunded back in June
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Sounds like you may not understand what a pandemic is and why some season ticket holders either can’t or don’t want to go to the match.

In my case, I would in normal times expect to miss one or two matches a season if they’ve clashed with me being overseas or I’ve had a function to attend. I wouldn’t expect a refund in those circumstances. These are exceptional times, however, and I would expect to at least be able to watch the home games for free on Valley Pass. I can at the moment because of the cafc cash that’s been ‘refunded’. If i’m successful in the ballot and don’t go it sounds like I won’t qualify for the cafc cash for Wednesday’s match and I’d have to stump up more money to watch the game. Maybe that’s fair but it’s not a great incentive for me and others to buy another season ticket when the next pandemic hits and disrupts the season, which it will. 

I fully understand why us S/T holders can't or don't wish to attend.
    I don't understand the abuse a S/T holder throws at the club who have only had a few working days to the first game.

Perhaps the fan "throwing his toys out the pram", may try and understand that the Tiers were only very recently announced and the club had to make a very quick decision and announcement.

I'm confident that they will come up with a fairer system for the next home game, when they have had the time to do so. I do object to all the abuse that was aimed at the club in an almost impossible position to resolve in a few working days.

Neither you nor I felt it fitting to abuse the club, we simply expressed our concerns in a calm and rational manner.

So going by you I can't have a say about how its been done.

1 have I phoned the club and had a go about No.
    2 have I gone on twitter and slagged them off by tagging the club or  owner No.
    3 this is the only place I have said something about it.
    4 im pleased the club are letting fans in as I know they have worked hard to get them back.
    5 I'm a season ticket holder who wants to go but can't due to the crap tier rules

Yes I'm upset about the tier system as it means I can't go but as I said I live in tier 3 and work in tier 2 as im a key worker, i shop in tier 2 and use petrol station, yet can't go to football in tier 2. Thats all I'm saying.

But like all ways on here your not aloud to have a different veiw than other or you get shot down. 

We are not going to agree so I wish you a good day.
  • Options
    I've bought a season ticket and have been credited for all games so far, including December games, to my Charlton Cash balance.

If I'm on the list for a ticket for Wednesday will they debit my cash balance or will I have to buy the ticket again.

Let's see what email I get today. 

Not sure I want to go until things are back to normal so an opt out would be nice.

I definitely don't want one for the Plymouth game on Boxing Day as I'll have to get a bus from Beckenham as no trains.  
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I've bought a season ticket and have been credited for all games so far, including December games, to my Charlton Cash balance.

If I'm on the list for a ticket for Wednesday will they debit my cash balance or will I have to buy the ticket again.

Let's see what email I get today. 

Not sure I want to go until things are back to normal so an opt out would be nice.

I definitely don't want one for the Plymouth game on Boxing Day as I'll have to get a bus from Beckenham as no trains.  
    Actually, it’s a good question about whether the club will debit your Charlton cash account because I spent mine and added a sizeable amount of cash to buy the December VP bundle. If they do debit my Charlton cash, I will be massively penalised financially. It will be interesting to see what happens. I won’t be happy if I have to pay a 3rd time to see my team play on a cold Wednesday night that means me also missing my return to social tennis too.