Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• Options
    It's quite simply staggering that someone chose to purchase a season ticket in a pandemic, that is the worst in all of our lives and is then outraged at the possibility that they may be allowed to attend and instead demands a refund.

I wonder how many ticket agencies would refund me, if I bought tickets for 20 different gigs today and then next week I contact the venues and say I can't attend due to Covid & my age & health?

I think the answer may be less than 1.
    But the club needed the money and chose to sell them to fans. So are the club in the wrong for selling them or fans who bought them hoping to be able to go and watch them? 
    Neither, I don't think you understood my post you have quoted.
    Fans who bought them that don't want to go and be refunded are my point.
    Why buy something if you don't want it, but you do want a refund?
    Perhaps they did not understand what a pandemic is?
    Sounds like you may not understand what a pandemic is and why some season ticket holders either can’t or don’t want to go to the match.

In my case, I would in normal times expect to miss one or two matches a season if they’ve clashed with me being overseas or I’ve had a function to attend. I wouldn’t expect a refund in those circumstances. These are exceptional times, however, and I would expect to at least be able to watch the home games for free on Valley Pass. I can at the moment because of the cafc cash that’s been ‘refunded’. If i’m successful in the ballot and don’t go it sounds like I won’t qualify for the cafc cash for Wednesday’s match and I’d have to stump up more money to watch the game. Maybe that’s fair but it’s not a great incentive for me and others to buy another season ticket when the next pandemic hits and disrupts the season, which it will. 

I fully understand why us S/T holders can't or don't wish to attend.
    I don't understand the abuse a S/T holder throws at the club who have only had a few working days to the first game.

Perhaps the fan "throwing his toys out the pram", may try and understand that the Tiers were only very recently announced and the club had to make a very quick decision and announcement.

I'm confident that they will come up with a fairer system for the next home game, when they have had the time to do so. I do object to all the abuse that was aimed at the club in an almost impossible position to resolve in a few working days.

Neither you nor I felt it fitting to abuse the club, we simply expressed our concerns in a calm and rational manner.

So 4,861 fans who between them probably put up a million quid of cash for the club to use (fully knowing the pandemic wasn’t over when a lot of other fans decided to wait and see what happens) are put on short notice that they are going to potentially lose out if they don’t go to the game and will effectively have to pay twice to watch the game shouldn’t feel aggrieved?
  • Options
    CAST wrote to the club yesterday, firstly to congratulate them on getting approval to welcome some fans back in a matter of days and secondly to propose consideration of a voluntary opt-out. We recognised that it may not be possible to implement this for Weds’ match but asked them to look at it going forward.

We received a reply within six minutes that they will be meeting on the issue this morning.

Brilliant. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    iaitch said:
    I've bought a season ticket and have been credited for all games so far, including December games, to my Charlton Cash balance.

If I'm on the list for a ticket for Wednesday will they debit my cash balance or will I have to buy the ticket again.

Let's see what email I get today. 

Not sure I want to go until things are back to normal so an opt out would be nice.

I definitely don't want one for the Plymouth game on Boxing Day as I'll have to get a bus from Beckenham as no trains.  
    Actually, it’s a good question about whether the club will debit your Charlton cash account because I spent mine and added a sizeable amount of cash to buy the December VP bundle. If they do debit my Charlton cash, I will be massively penalised financially. It will be interesting to see what happens. I won’t be happy if I have to pay a 3rd time to see my team play on a cold Wednesday night that means me also missing my return to social tennis too.
    Ain’t life a bitch.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It's quite simply staggering that someone chose to purchase a season ticket in a pandemic, that is the worst in all of our lives and is then outraged at the possibility that they may be allowed to attend and instead demands a refund.

I wonder how many ticket agencies would refund me, if I bought tickets for 20 different gigs today and then next week I contact the venues and say I can't attend due to Covid & my age & health?

But the club needed the money and chose to sell them to fans. So are the club in the wrong for selling them or fans who bought them hoping to be able to go and watch them? 
    Sounds like you may not understand what a pandemic is and why some season ticket holders either can’t or don’t want to go to the match.

In my case, I would in normal times expect to miss one or two matches a season if they’ve clashed with me being overseas or I’ve had a function to attend. I wouldn’t expect a refund in those circumstances. These are exceptional times, however, and I would expect to at least be able to watch the home games for free on Valley Pass. I can at the moment because of the cafc cash that’s been ‘refunded’. If i’m successful in the ballot and don’t go it sounds like I won’t qualify for the cafc cash for Wednesday’s match and I’d have to stump up more money to watch the game. Maybe that’s fair but it’s not a great incentive for me and others to buy another season ticket when the next pandemic hits and disrupts the season, which it will. 

I don't understand the abuse a S/T holder throws at the club who have only had a few working days to the first game.

Perhaps the fan "throwing his toys out the pram", may try and understand that the Tiers were only very recently announced and the club had to make a very quick decision and announcement.

I'm confident that they will come up with a fairer system for the next home game, when they have had the time to do so. I do object to all the abuse that was aimed at the club in an almost impossible position to resolve in a few working days.

Neither you nor I felt it fitting to abuse the club, we simply expressed our concerns in a calm and rational manner.

So 4,861 fans who between them probably put up a million quid of cash for the club to use (fully knowing the pandemic wasn’t over when a lot of other fans decided to wait and see what happens) are put on short notice that they are going to potentially lose out if they don’t go to the game and will effectively have to pay twice to watch the game shouldn’t feel aggrieved?
    Deserve everything you get for giving money to the crooks. 😉

You a ST journo ? TS is one of the good guys....
  • Options
    If I'm successful in the ballot I'll go.
    If not, I'll stream the game.
    I'm not fussed either way, in these exceptional times that we are enduring.
    I'll drive there, so any risk to me is probably less than going to a supermarket.

If I were the club I may have been tempted to do nothing this week, as the opportunity to sort things is so difficult.
    I wonder how many of our staff are working as opposed to being furloughed?

Well done to the club. I appreciate their efforts and understand the massive task that they have in the next few days.

Echoes my thoughts exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020

So going by you I can't have a say about how its been done.

1 have I phoned the club and had a go about No.
    2 have I gone on twitter and slagged them off by tagging the club or  owner No.
    3 this is the only place I have said something about it.
    4 im pleased the club are letting fans in as I know they have worked hard to get them back.
    5 I'm a season ticket holder who wants to go but can't due to the crap tier rules

Yes I'm upset about the tier system as it means I can't go but as I said I live in tier 3 and work in tier 2 as im a key worker, i shop in tier 2 and use petrol station, yet can't go to football in tier 2. Thats all I'm saying.

But like all ways on here your not aloud to have a different veiw than other or you get shot down. 

We are not going to agree so I wish you a good day.
    Sorry Dave, you've misunderstood once again.
    You haven't abused/slagged the club off (not that I can recall).
    I wasn't referring to you I was referring to someone else.
    I'm not sure why you assume it was you?
    If you look back at the thread you may notice the poster who posted a large number of posts.
    Sorry you thought I was referring to you when I wasn't.
    PS you can have any views you want, but you may wish to correctly establish who is saying what in future, otherwise you will continue to make wrong assumptions and believe you are getting shot down when you are not.
  • Options
    Anyone got an email yet?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Anyone got an email yet?
    Nothing yet, would probably prefer not to get selected for Wednesday if it means I get in for Saturday but I’ll take whatever I’m offered. 
  • Options
    Good old Charlton ticket office ! 
  • Options

So going by you I can't have a say about how its been done.

1 have I phoned the club and had a go about No.
    2 have I gone on twitter and slagged them off by tagging the club or  owner No.
    3 this is the only place I have said something about it.
    4 im pleased the club are letting fans in as I know they have worked hard to get them back.
    5 I'm a season ticket holder who wants to go but can't due to the crap tier rules

Yes I'm upset about the tier system as it means I can't go but as I said I live in tier 3 and work in tier 2 as im a key worker, i shop in tier 2 and use petrol station, yet can't go to football in tier 2. Thats all I'm saying.

But like all ways on here your not aloud to have a different veiw than other or you get shot down. 

We are not going to agree so I wish you a good day.
    Sorry Dave, you've misunderstood once again.
    You haven't abused/slagged the club off (not that I can recall).
    I wasn't referring to you I was referring to someone else.
    I'm not sure why you assume it was you?
    If you look back at the thread you may notice the poster who posted a large number of posts.
    Sorry you thought I was referring to you when I wasn't.
    PS you can have any views you want, but you may wish to correctly establish who is saying what in future, otherwise you will continue to make wrong assumptions and believe you are getting shot down when you are not.
    Let's just draw a line under it. Its been a crap time for most people this year. We are under a new owner with a bright future. Hopefully this time next year everyone will be aloud back in the valley 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Maybe the club shouldn't have bothered for Wednesday's game as it was short notice?

Then we would have people complaining the club should get their finger out and get things arranged.
    You should know by now that some people feel the need to shine a negative spotlight on the club, no matter how hard the staff are working to sort something out at short notice. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    iaitch said:
    I've bought a season ticket and have been credited for all games so far, including December games, to my Charlton Cash balance.

If I'm on the list for a ticket for Wednesday will they debit my cash balance or will I have to buy the ticket again.

Let's see what email I get today. 

Not sure I want to go until things are back to normal so an opt out would be nice.

I definitely don't want one for the Plymouth game on Boxing Day as I'll have to get a bus from Beckenham as no trains.  
    Actually, it’s a good question about whether the club will debit your Charlton cash account because I spent mine and added a sizeable amount of cash to buy the December VP bundle. If they do debit my Charlton cash, I will be massively penalised financially. It will be interesting to see what happens. I won’t be happy if I have to pay a 3rd time to see my team play on a cold Wednesday night that means me also missing my return to social tennis too.
    Considering some of your comments, I doubt you’d be happy if the club paid for you to come to Wednesday’s game. 
  • Options
    Probably doing the sensible thing and working out how they can get 2,000 charlton fans who want to be there AND will turn up on the night and not go through a process where tickets could end up going to a lot of fans that probably won’t go or can’t go 
  • Options
    Probably doing the sensible thing and working out how they can get 2,000 charlton fans who want to be there AND will turn up on the night and not go through a process where tickets could end up going to a lot of fans that probably won’t go or can’t go 
    Oi Charlton ticket office, I'm ten minutes' walk away and I promise to sing the songs 
  • Options
    CAST wrote to the club yesterday, firstly to congratulate them on getting approval to welcome some fans back in a matter of days and secondly to propose consideration of a voluntary opt-out. We recognised that it may not be possible to implement this for Weds’ match but asked them to look at it going forward.

We received a reply within six minutes that they will be meeting on the issue this morning.

Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The other thing the ticket office need to work out is how fans can buy streaming bundles and match tickets, and not pay twice. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Got mine but it says congratulations Alex . Who’s Alex ? !!  

• Options
    I just got an email saying I have a ticket.....but it was addressed to someone else's name. Hopefully things havent messed up.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oi Charlton ticket office, I'm ten minutes' walk away and I promise to sing the songs 
    All jokes aside, if you are one of the 4,861 you should be top of the list if you live that close and want to go

The TO only needed to email, tweet and post online that any of the 4,861 living in Tier 2 that wants to go should contact the club by tomorrow lunchtime to claim their ticket on a first come, first served basis; and, if there are any left over, that anybody that was a ST holder last year and living in Tier 2 can buy any left over on a first come first served basis after lunchtime tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I just got an email saying I have a ticket.....but it was addressed to someone else's name. Hopefully things havent messed up.
    Same, mine is in the name of Alex.
  • Options
    The other thing the ticket office need to work out is how fans can buy streaming bundles and match tickets, and not pay twice. 
    The streaming bundles will probably have to cease & the streams revert to being sold on a match by match basis, this would then prevent people paying for a stream when they end getting a ticket for the same match.
  • Options
    Who is Alex?? 
  • Options
    Mine was addressed to Alex too, oops
  • Options
    Alexgate