Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    clb74 said:
    Fairest way of doing it at such short notice really and should see those who want to go able to go every other game roughly. 

Your having a laugh mate , the club are taking the p!ss.

Of course - the club has it in for anyone living outside of London and they've done this deliberately to wind fans up haven't they? They also had a hand in deciding what tiers London and Kent went into I'm told!

For god sake, its the first game back after the new restrictions were announced only yesterday. The fact they've come up with an initial plan at such short notice is admirable, and they can do without people slagging them off all because its impossible to please everyone.

Do you think the club want it to be this difficult FFS?
    See @clive posts Tom.
    As one of my mates said if his got to be there early he wont be able to make it because of work.

• Options
    I’d be a bit sceptical that the club is able to differentiate easily between DA Bexley and DA Kent, which will be quite a large cohort of STs, but I suppose the third character of the postcode would probably tell them that If they understand the issue. 

The same would apply to the BR postcodes which cover Swanley (in Kent) as well as Bromley borough (in London) and the TN postcode which spills from Kent (tier three) into East Sussex (tier two), although in that case the county name is valid.

There will be many Kent postal addresses in Bexley and Bromley on the system that are actually in London and therefore in tier two. It’s also possible the government will bottle it and put West Kent in tier two next week after all.
    The government website allows all postcodes to be checked to see precisely which tier they are in. This includes streets where a postcode runs down the middle or crosses the boundary. Essential for Council Tax. 

Some of the spikes in Kent are down to the 4 prisons in the area which have serious numbers of infections. Prison officers and others who work in them might live outside the immediate area. This is why it is difficult not to put a wider area into tier 3.
  • Options
    See @clive posts Tom.
    As one of my mates said if his got to be there early he wont be able to make it because of work.

Same here with kids at school. Are the arrival times more of an ‘ideal’ so not everyone turns up at once? Surely they wouldn’t turn you away? What if you had been stuck in traffic? 

• Options
    So it’s ok for tier 2 to go to Bluewater and mix with all of the tier 3’s inside . But it’s not ok for tier3 to come and watch Charlton outside at the valley ............... I give up 
    Surely that is the fault of the government, not the club?   
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Crusty54 said:
    I’d be a bit sceptical that the club is able to differentiate easily between DA Bexley and DA Kent, which will be quite a large cohort of STs, but I suppose the third character of the postcode would probably tell them that If they understand the issue. 

The same would apply to the BR postcodes which cover Swanley (in Kent) as well as Bromley borough (in London) and the TN postcode which spills from Kent (tier three) into East Sussex (tier two), although in that case the county name is valid.

There will be many Kent postal addresses in Bexley and Bromley on the system that are actually in London and therefore in tier two. It’s also possible the government will bottle it and put West Kent in tier two next week after all.
    The government website allows all postcodes to be checked to see precisely which tier they are in. This includes streets where a postcode runs down the middle or crosses the boundary. Essential for Council Tax. 

Some of the spikes in Kent are down to the 4 prisons in the area which have serious numbers of infections. Prison officers and others who work in them might live outside the immediate area. This is why it is difficult not to put a wider area into tier 3.
    That will help but what you would want to do is manipulate the data in a spreadsheet, not enter individual postcodes into a third party site manually. Given that many people (families etc) won’t want to travel to a midweek game at short notice and in the context of Covid (elderly etc) even if eligible, it’s a bit of a nightmare In the timescale, although not of the club’s making.

Having spent countless hours in meetings with public health officials and other Kent leaders, I can say the prisons are only a small part of what is going on with the distribution of infection and mainly affect Swale (led by Charlton fan Roger Truelove).

I don’t think it would have been viable to put a handful of Kent districts In tier three and their immediate neighbours in tier two, however, in terms of management and messaging. There might have been an option to split the county in two but there would always have been some unfairness and nobody is mentioning that there are another bunch of districts including Maidstone that are behind Swale,  Thanet and Medway In the infection rate but above average and therefore properly in tier three.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Now I know why @CLB74 won't be attending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bluewater have numberplate recognition so they have the ability to turn cars away if they aren’t from Kent .  But they won’t. 

Which  makes a complete mockery of the rules re football, 

If Darenth Valley is really busy why aren’t we using the Nightingale Hospital at the Excel for the Covid cases ? After all we have paid millions for it ? 

The simple answer is lack of staff. Of the Nightingale hospitals, built at a cost of £220M, only two (London and Manchester) ever saw any Covid patients in the 1st wave- 200 in total. Some have since been used for other purposes such as CT scans.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    As desperate as I am to get back to going to football, because of my age I’m in two minds about returning too early and before there is a vaccine. The Wednesday night game definitely doesn’t appeal and I’ve not made my mind up about the Saturday ones either tbh but it looks like I’m screwed. I live in London, there are are only 4.8k of us with a season ticket and I suspect at least half of those, if not more than half could be in Tier 3. I’m probably going to win that ballot for every fucking game now. Mrs ltgtr isn’t going to be happy.
  • Options
    Has the club said how many of those 4,861 season ticket holders are in tier 2 and how many are in tier 3 ?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Following the general chat on here, elsewhere and with friends, it is quite showing how many people are generally outraged at others who break rules and guidelines until it comes to a rule or guideline they wish to break themselves (including myself)! 

Before lockdown i missed out on a trip I’d been looking forward to for six months because London had been placed in Tier 2, even though the rate in Bexley at the time was lower than many Tier 1 areas.

Nothing is perfect or ideal with all this, there’ll always be winners and losers when restrictions are placed. The rigmarole of 2,000 getting into and out of the game next week will be like breaking into Fort Knox in comparison to 2,000 going shopping at Bluewater or Lakeside. We just have to remember the underlying reason behind it all and be hopeful this will impact us for just a short period in time. 
    If the government started breaking down Kent into different districts as some would like there would be an equal argument for Bexley to go into tier three as it’s above the England average, making things even more complicated.
    I cannot understand why Bexley (and similar high London areas) is not in tier 3, just because it makes it complicated is a complete and utter load of political tosh, surely people health is the key issue not the complexity of the arrangements, if you want to make it easy then you put the whole of London into tier 3 until all area are safe enough to go into tier 2, there you go a simple uncomplicated answer to this very complicated question.
  • Options
    In the same place as @bolloxbolder though I don't blame the club for taking them off sale. This situation is difficult enough with 6000 s/t holders, how much worse would it be if there were 8000 or even 10000?

On the postcodes thing, I'd be very surprised if the club or their IT don't have the ability to identify what council someone is in.  It might require some out of the box thinking, but it's quite simple once you have the postcode data. 

• Options
    They do need to develop and opt in / out system
  • Options
    Giving the club benefit doubt for Franchise match as such notice to try and putting something in place. Imagine we will see some type of second sale for the Wimbledon & Bristol Rovers match when anyone not successful in the ballot can purchase a ticket.

Hoping I am successful in getting a ticket for upcoming match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's a daft idea to let supporters in personally and I don't support it. At least the numbers allowed in are low.

It doesn't seem worth the risk to me given the time of year and the fact that we're not on top of the infection rate.

• Options
    I haven’t bought a season ticket for this year initially because of ownership issues and then because I feared I wouldn’t see a game. 

Although there may be all sorts of problems with the current approach, I am going to look into getting a season ticket right now. 
  • Options
    Following the general chat on here, elsewhere and with friends, it is quite showing how many people are generally outraged at others who break rules and guidelines until it comes to a rule or guideline they wish to break themselves (including myself)! 

Before lockdown i missed out on a trip I’d been looking forward to for six months because London had been placed in Tier 2, even though the rate in Bexley at the time was lower than many Tier 1 areas.

Nothing is perfect or ideal with all this, there’ll always be winners and losers when restrictions are placed. The rigmarole of 2,000 getting into and out of the game next week will be like breaking into Fort Knox in comparison to 2,000 going shopping at Bluewater or Lakeside. We just have to remember the underlying reason behind it all and be hopeful this will impact us for just a short period in time. 
    If the government started breaking down Kent into different districts as some would like there would be an equal argument for Bexley to go into tier three as it’s above the England average, making things even more complicated.
    I cannot understand why Bexley (and similar high London areas) is not in tier 3, just because it makes it complicated is a complete and utter load of political tosh, surely people health is the key issue not the complexity of the arrangements, if you want to make it easy then you put the whole of London into tier 3 until all area are safe enough to go into tier 2, there you go a simple uncomplicated answer to this very complicated question.
    I don’t think most people go around thinking about what council area they are currently in and in London more than Kent people move frequently between boroughs. The case rate in Bexley, Havering and Barking & Dagenham isn’t high enough to justify dragging the whole of London into tier three - whereas the Kent-wide picture is high enough to justify the whole of Kent being in it. Much cleaner for messaging - hard on TW, etc.
    Apologise but I got to disagree, Dartford is roughly the same infection rate as Bexley, Havering plus Barking and Dagenham, however approximately Medway and down to the coast is higher than the area from Medway up to the M25 so using your analogue why should such a large area be sacrificed for ease of presenting a “cleaner picture”, it just does not make sense to me, I actually agree that Dartford should be in tier 3, however what I do strongly disagree with is that areas like Bexley etc are in tier 2 when they are at the same level. In my humble opinion the until those areas come down to suitable level then the whole of London should for the ‘cleaner message” should be in tier 3. 

I know I’m not going to win this discussion but to use the phrases of  “cleaner message” and “complexity” is just an easy way of saying your are thick stupid twat who don’t understand the subject. I had my say, so I will shut up now, and go back to being a yokel who can’t think for himself and let those who are charge make decisions that suit there own agenda.
  • Options
    If people were genuinely concerned about the safety of going to live football matches (for health reasons etc) then I'm sure not sure why they renewed, as the virus was never likely to go away quickly. 
  • Options
    One of the criteria for deciding in which tier an area should be placed, is the ability of the NHS to cope. There is serious pressure on most of the Kent hospitals.

Kent is the 6th most densely populated county in England and is paying a high price for the massive amount of house building which has taken place in recent years. Hospital capacity hasn't matched the population growth.

Swale has seen a huge amount of development and the main hospital for that area is in Medway, which has also seen a huge growth in population.  If there is pressure on Medway Maritime Hospital, the hospitals in neighbouring districts have to take patients that Medway can't deal with.  This affects Darent Valley and Maidstone hospitals.

Maidstone's population is growing very fast and has a relatively high infection rate. Maidstone Hospital is part of the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.  If Maidstone can't cope, Pembury Hospital comes under pressure, so that is how Tunbridge Wells is also affected by higher rates elsewhere in the county. 

The East Kent Hospitals also have the pressure of high rates in Thanet.  There has been criticism this week about the infection controls of some of the East Kent hospitals. 

Getting people to adhere to the rules is not helped by so many Kent MPs questioning the need for the whole county to be put in Tier 3. They need to look at the bigger picture rather than their own area.

The tiers may be reassessed on 16th December, but I suspect that areas now in Tier 2 will move up to Tier 3, with people seemingly wanting to push the boundaries as much as they can. This is a public health crisis and it needs everyone to play their part, or for some, this may well be their last Christmas. 
    The population of Hartlepool is 93,000 & is also in tier 3, population has nothing to do with the high rate of covid. Londons population is 9,304,000 & the covid rate is lower than these areas.
    Anyway lets leave that to the covid thread.
    It is good for lower league clubs & their fans that an effort is being made to get fans into the stadiums. Without fans in grounds for lower/non league clubs this may well be their last Christmas.
  • Options
    clive said:
    One of the criteria for deciding in which tier an area should be placed, is the ability of the NHS to cope. There is serious pressure on most of the Kent hospitals.

Kent is the 6th most densely populated county in England and is paying a high price for the massive amount of house building which has taken place in recent years. Hospital capacity hasn't matched the population growth.

Swale has seen a huge amount of development and the main hospital for that area is in Medway, which has also seen a huge growth in population.  If there is pressure on Medway Maritime Hospital, the hospitals in neighbouring districts have to take patients that Medway can't deal with.  This affects Darent Valley and Maidstone hospitals.

Maidstone's population is growing very fast and has a relatively high infection rate. Maidstone Hospital is part of the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.  If Maidstone can't cope, Pembury Hospital comes under pressure, so that is how Tunbridge Wells is also affected by higher rates elsewhere in the county. 

The East Kent Hospitals also have the pressure of high rates in Thanet.  There has been criticism this week about the infection controls of some of the East Kent hospitals. 

Getting people to adhere to the rules is not helped by so many Kent MPs questioning the need for the whole county to be put in Tier 3. They need to look at the bigger picture rather than their own area.

The tiers may be reassessed on 16th December, but I suspect that areas now in Tier 2 will move up to Tier 3, with people seemingly wanting to push the boundaries as much as they can. This is a public health crisis and it needs everyone to play their part, or for some, this may well be their last Christmas. 
    The population of Hartlepool is 93,000 & is also in tier 3, population has nothing to do with the high rate of covid. Londons population is 9,304,000 & the covid rate is lower than these areas.
    It is good for lower league clubs & their fans that an effort is being made to get fans into the stadiums. Without fans in grounds for lower/non league clubs this may well be their last Christmas.
    If population growth outstrips the ability of the hospitals to cope with that increase, then population IS very relevant.
  • Options
    clive said:

If population growth outstrips the ability of the hospitals to cope with that increase, then population IS very relevant.
    But totally irrelevant to this thread
  • Options
    If people were genuinely concerned about the safety of going to live football matches (for health reasons etc) then I'm sure not sure why they renewed, as the virus was never likely to go away quickly. 
    It’s a gesture of support and hope more than anything. If TS can put his money into the club then so can I. It also seemed a reasonably safe bet at the time that it would be more than likely we would be compensated for not being able to go and if we aren’t I doubt I’d be too upset about the money anyway. This virus or another one like it will never go away but we might be in a better position to start dealing with it in the new year