Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters to return for MK Dons tonight (thoughts on experience from page 31)

Comments

• So it’s ok for tier 2 to go to Bluewater and mix with all of the tier 3’s inside . But it’s not ok for tier3 to come and watch Charlton outside at the valley ............... I give up 
    This is exactly what I don’t understand, I thought I was intelligent I just can’t my head around why shoppers from tier 2 are allowed into tier 3.
  • edited November 2020
    No way will I be going if chosen, being over 70 and living with vulnerable people. It is not worth the risk. It seems if chosen I will not be able to use CAFC money to watch on Valley Pass and will have to pay cash so the club gets twice the money as no refund on season ticket for this match nor probably for future matches where I am chosen.
  • Clarky said:
    This may sound like a silly question but if selected you need to take photographic ID with you. Now I dont drive so dont have a licence and my passport is way out of date. Any ideas on what else may count?
    Got a work photo ID? That'd probably do, but to be honest if your passport still looks like you, I'd take that. I sometimes have to use my old one for stuff, and it got issued 20 years ago 🤣
  • So it’s ok for tier 2 to go to Bluewater and mix with all of the tier 3’s inside . But it’s not ok for tier3 to come and watch Charlton outside at the valley ............... I give up 
    This is exactly what I don’t understand, I thought I was intelligent I just can’t my head around why shoppers from tier 2 are allowed into tier 3.
    I didn’t think they were - just for work and schooling 
    They are not are they? Travelling into Tier 3 is only in exceptional circumstances. You can’t go Tier 2 into Tier 3 just to go shopping.
  • aliwibble said:
    Clarky said:
    This may sound like a silly question but if selected you need to take photographic ID with you. Now I dont drive so dont have a licence and my passport is way out of date. Any ideas on what else may count?
    Got a work photo ID? That'd probably do, but to be honest if your passport still looks like you, I'd take that. I sometimes have to use my old one for stuff, and it got issued 20 years ago 🤣
    An expired 10 yr passport is all I have. I am sure it will be ok if backed with something else eg birth certificate.
  • edited November 2020
    So it’s ok for tier 2 to go to Bluewater and mix with all of the tier 3’s inside . But it’s not ok for tier3 to come and watch Charlton outside at the valley ............... I give up 
    They are not are they? Travelling into Tier 3 is only in exceptional circumstances. You can’t go Tier 2 into Tier 3 just to go shopping.
    Yep, just checked Gov.uk, Tier 1 and Tier 2 should avoid travel into Tier 3 areas except where essential ie work, medical reasons. So if Bluewater is Tier 3 you can’t go shopping there.
  • Complete farce. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well said.
    Yep, just checked Gov.uk, Tier 1 and Tier 2 should avoid travel into Tier 3 areas except where essential ie work, medical reasons. So if Bluewater is Tier 3 you can’t go shopping there.
    But who is going to stop you and ask for proof of your address ? 

The guidelines in today's paper state " Tier 2: Reduce the number of journeys where possible & avoid travel into tier 3 except where necessary".                                                

"Tier 3 : Avoid travelling outside the area except where necessary & reduce the number of journeys where possible".

The difference with football at The Valley is that the club has your address.
  • The club cant win whatever way they do it,but to lose out if you cant go is a bit much.surely they could give people say until midday on saturday to let the club know if they do not want to attend.also the seat will be unused which means someone who could go misses out.
  • edited November 2020
    Clarky said:
    aliwibble said:
    Clarky said:
    An expired 10 yr passport is all I have. I am sure it will be ok if backed with something else eg birth certificate.
    Depends on whether you are inspected by a fluorescent jacketed megalomaniac sociopath or a steward capable of exercising common sense.

If Bob gave me decent odds I'd say Bogle is more likely to score than you being lucky enough to attract the latter given the circumstances under which we are now living.

It seems that the former are attracted to a situation that gives them a little bit of power like flies to a dog turd unfortunately.

Good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2020
    I’d be a bit sceptical that the club is able to differentiate easily between DA Bexley and DA Kent, which will be quite a large cohort of STs, but I suppose the third character of the postcode would probably tell them that If they understand the issue. 

The same would apply to the BR postcodes which cover Swanley (in Kent) as well as Bromley borough (in London) and the TN postcode which spills from Kent (tier three) into East Sussex (tier two), although in that case the county name is valid.

There will be many Kent postal addresses in Bexley and Bromley on the system that are actually in London and therefore in tier two. It’s also possible the government will bottle it and put West Kent in tier two next week after all.
  • edited November 2020
    So it’s ok for tier 2 to go to Bluewater and mix with all of the tier 3’s inside . But it’s not ok for tier3 to come and watch Charlton outside at the valley ............... I give up 
    But who is going to stop you and ask for proof of your address ? 

The guidelines in today's paper state " Tier 2: Reduce the number of journeys where possible & avoid travel into tier 3 except where necessary".                                                

"Tier 3 : Avoid travelling outside the area except where necessary & reduce the number of journeys where possible".

The difference with football at The Valley is that the club has your address.
    No one is going to stop you and check. And that’s the point. We are partly in this mess because people flout the rules. Go against the rules and you are being selfish and irresponsible.

(by using ‘you’ that isn’t aimed directly at you Fanny, just a general observation)
    What does necessary mean? If you are a Scottish Nationalist MP with a positive test then it is OK to travel from Westminster to Scotland by tube and train.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54546058

If you are an ordinary. decent working person the definition is more problematic.
  • It should have been done on points, hopefully the club realise that and also change the game to a 7.45 k/o
  • It should have been done on points, hopefully the club realise that and also change the game to a 7.45 k/o
    It has been moved I think.
  • I’d be a bit sceptical that the club is able to differentiate easily between DA Bexley and DA Kent, which will be quite a large cohort of STs, but I suppose the third character of the postcode would probably tell them that If they understand the issue. 

The same would apply to the BR postcodes which cover Swanley (in Kent) as well as Bromley borough (in London) and the TN postcode which spills from Kent (tier three) into East Sussex (tier two), although in that case the county name is valid.

There will be many Kent postal addresses in Bexley and Bromley on the system that are actually in London and therefore in tier two. It’s also possible the government will bottle it and put West Kent in tier two next week after all.
    This. Seeing as Tunbridge Wells (Kent with a TN postcode) has half as many positive cases per 100,000 than Greenwich (London, SE7 postcode) then the whole thing is a complete & utter farce. 

I expect the vast majority of fans on here have adhered to the rules over the past 8 months but there comes a time when you think is it bloody worth it. My children can't have their mates over at the weekend but they can spend all day with them at school & sit next to them in class. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Bluewater has 2 major upmarket food outlets that will be extremely busy in the lead up to Christmas, these are classified as essential shops and have been open during the recent lockdown, you telling me that people will not travel from tier 2 into tier 3 for there essential Christmas food, next you will be telling me the same people won’t just pop into the other shops that will be open over there. Don’t forget when the last lockdown start Dartford was a tier lower than Bexley, it’s only because the influx of people deciding to have a drink / meal that Dartford / Kent got it so bad, I agree tier 3 shouldn’t be allowed into tier 2 to watch football that’s sensible and should be enforced for all other situations apart from work, but surely that should also be enforced for people travelling in the other directions. One of the reasons DA is in tier 3 is because Death Valley hospital is being overrun, just wonder how many of those patients are coming from outside tier 3, how many those patients are being treated are from outside the tier 3 restrictions? I haven’t got a solution to this problem but I hope if / when we have a another lockdown then the government think seriously about the borders areas between the tiers.
  • No way will I be going if chosen, being over 70 and living with vulnerable people. It is not worth the risk. It seems if chosen I will not be able to use CAFC money to watch on Valley Pass and will have to pay cash so the club gets twice the money as no refund on season ticket for this match nor probably for future matches where I am chosen.
    I've been credited in my Charlton Cash pot for December games already.  
  • Bluewater have numberplate recognition so they have the ability to turn cars away if they aren’t from Kent .  But they won’t. 

Which  makes a complete mockery of the rules re football, 

If Darenth Valley is really busy why aren’t we using the Nightingale Hospital at the Excel for the Covid cases ? After all we have paid millions for it ? 

• edited November 2020
    Christmas is going to be safer if we can get the R rate lower. It feels to me that is lost on a lot of people. People can get to the game more safely than others. People may have older and vulnerable members of their household or be in that category themselves that makes going to the game not advisable.

That is why I favour a scheme where season ticket holders can put their hands up. And some basic guidance as to what the criteria ought to be for doing so. Risk, distance, how you travel to the ground etc...