Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• What has happened to Spurs?
  • Leicester, Everton, Spurs, West Ham all lose this weekend.

Brighton now have 7 points out of the last 9 and have pulled a big gap over the bottom 3
    No Kane, an isolated Son and the fact that teams have worked them out. Don't leave yourself exposed to the counter and they will offer absolutely nothing. The signing of Bale was nothing more than a publicity stunt designed to sell shirts!!!!

Oohah must be absolutely gutted by their demise.
  • Leicester, Everton, Spurs, West Ham all lose this weekend.

Brighton now have 7 points out of the last 9 and have pulled a big gap over the bottom 3
    Sheff Utd look finished for the season now. Can’t see them pulling back a 13 point difference. 
  • Never say never. The blades do seem to have turned a corner.
  • Really can't believe how poor Spurs have been. Jose is just so negative. Probably wouldn't have won the title anyway but he's stopped them even having a go. Someone like Bielsa would have given them a better shot. 
  • The whole set up was just awful, not sure why they started with a back 3. To start it looked like they might be in the game on the counter/break, but really didn't like their starting team. 

Bergwijn, i get he has the work rate but too me he is a poor Moura, Bale had a good game the weekend, he isn't even trying to get him into any form really so cant really help. 

Once Kane came off it was game over, even more why would you put Lamela on? made no sense to me, not sure on Vinicus, like he must be screwing Kane goes off and he doesn't come on?? really odd as he has looked good in the cup and done well when he has had the odd game. What a message to send to your backup young striker that Lamela is ahead and they shuffled Son from his favoured position. 

Another one Mourinho has just set up completely odd and trying to knick it, Liverpool going into this were in poor form they should be going for them from the off, similar to when they beat Arsenal earlier in the season. They allowed Liverpool to play and they grew into the game, i wouldn't say they are back just yet but they are improving and getting there particularly the front 3 last night.
    Nail on head Johnny.

Being outplayed by the reigning champions is one thing, being outplayed, outfought and outworked by a team that hasnt won at home in 7 months is downright disgusting.

Again, if Kane is injured, why not start with Vinicius, the player that he wanted in as cover?

Why start 3-4-3 knowing yet again it would be 2 vs 3 at CM and he knew he didnt have a natural RWB.  Aurier been banished (like Dele and Rose), so play the RWB (Doherty) that he wanted in.  No, play a CM Sissoko there.  Its an absolute f*cking shambles.

Jol, Sherwood, AVB, Redknapp and Poch were sacked for less and we played better football under every single one of them.

I'm stepping away from the interweb tonight for the sake of my sanity!

I think you’ll find that everything is being put in to their 3 pronged attack on the cups 
    yes already in a final and through to the latter stages of the other two 
    the year ends in 1 so Spurs are on their way to Wembley 
  • Yesterday was the 11th time a Mourinho side had had fewer than two shots in the first half of a Premier League game and six of those have been with Tottenham.

I'm sure that those who initially welcomed Mourinho's points driven ethos
    , at whatever cost, are now questioning his appointment. He is a dinosaur who drills his teams to defend in numbers and to take what they can when they can. Once the defence starts to fail there is no plan "b" and sides who really shouldn't be in their League, like Brighton, Newcastle, Palace, Fulham and Wolves (5 of the bottom 8) have all taken points off them as a result. To put things in perspective, Arsenal have had a shocker of a season and it is only a matter of a few weeks ago that many were calling for Arteta's head. And yet they are only now two points behind their north London rivals.

The really concerning thing for Spurs will be not just that they fail to qualify for the Champions League. It is that Kane will be 28 before the start of next season and that he will not want to continue to be flogged to death by Mourinho with no prospect whatsoever of a meaningful trophy or to be able to showcase his talents on the highest club stage.

There is one outfit who could afford to pay £100m for him and who have had to cope all season without their all time top scorer (has started just two PL matches and will be 33 in June too) and have been forced to resort to playing with a false number nine on many occasions. How many Spurs' fans believe that Kane would turn that move down or that Levy would not take the opportunity to cash in whilst he still can?

A word of warning if that does happen - Spurs have only won three of their past 14 PL games without Kane. That is how important he is to them. But if any man can drive a talented player out of a club Mourinho can!

• Sponsored links:

• Just watched the 'highlights' (yes they were short) of Arsenal v Man U. Fuck me what a thriller that was.

They also said that in 6 matches this season against the other 5 members of the 'big 6', Man U have scored once, from a penalty.

Can't wait for the big 6 to form a breakaway league.
  • Matip confirmed out for the season. No wonder Liverpool have been desperate to sign CBs today!
  • Matip confirmed out for the season. No wonder Liverpool have been desperate to sign CBs today!
    He'll be 30 at the start of next season and given his regular injury issues I would expect Liverpool to move him on
  • edited February 2021
    Big Sam has made 5 signings at West Brom this week 

They look dead & buried, but if anyone could keep them up, it's him
  • Despite the takeover and promise of money, Burnley still have bought nobody
  • Despite the takeover and promise of money, Burnley still have bought nobody
    Could have been so different for them aswell, could have been splashing the el kashy
  • Big Sam has made 5 signings at West Brom this week 

Can't think of anyone, apart from Harry that is, who will be more pleased about making 5 signings in a transfer window!
  • Big Sam has made 5 signings at West Brom this week 

What they need is a visit to Dr Tottenham.
    Facepalm.
  • Luiz sent off AGAIN at Wolves
  • Luiz sent off AGAIN at Wolves
    Arsenal down to 9 now, Leno sent off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby fans look set to be disappointed
  • Blades beat WBA 2-1 .. Billy Sharp gets 1
  • Are Arsenal going to get top 4?

Nein

(Yes that would have worked better if they had a German manager)
  • Shelvey 1 Palace 0
  • Shelvey scores v Palace ..  Geordies 1-0 
  • Palace equalise .. Saints man sent off after 2, minutes Man U 1 up
  • Was it the debut of that lad at Southampton?

2 mins in! Probably over eager but awful start.
  • Hasenhuttl not a guy for playing most of the game with ten men, it would seem
  • Southampton down to 9 men. 4 sendings off tonight in the 4 PL matches!
  • edited February 2021
    Man Utd scoring eight goals tonight are still six goals behind Man City's goal difference

Having played two games more!!

FFS - They score again just as I post so have to edit