Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Double trouble from West Ham and Spurs turning the screw and tightening their grip around the Premier League trophy as Leicester and Man Utd feel the heat and fail tonight .
    I will give you a £100 if either Spurs or West Ham win anything this season. You are another sensible poster that seems to have lost the plot lately.  Blame lockdown or IBS I dunno but come back down to earth mate 

The year ends in one I'll have you know .... Spurs are already in one final 
    £100 to you or charity if they win anything. Calm down they ain't winning anything 
  • I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, De Gea has to go.  Culpable for both goals tonight. 
    They really need to go all out to get Nick Pope 
  • Double trouble from West Ham and Spurs turning the screw and tightening their grip around the Premier League trophy as Leicester and Man Utd feel the heat and fail tonight .
    I will give you a £100 if either Spurs or West Ham win anything this season. You are another sensible poster that seems to have lost the plot lately.  Blame lockdown or IBS I dunno but come back down to earth mate 

As much as I suggested at the beginning of December that City, despite being 12th at the time and because of their improvement in defence, would win the PL I wouldn't be quite so confident that Mourinho won't get one over on Guardiola in the EFL Cup Final. It is a one off game after all and I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho didn't play a 10-0-0 in the hope of taking the game to penalties.

Although, of course, as Mourinho informed us all those years ago - a penalty shoot out doesn't actually count!!!

As much as I suggested at the beginning of December that City, despite being 12th at the time and because of their improvement in defence, would win the PL I wouldn't be quite so confident that Mourinho won't get one over on Guardiola in the EFL Cup Final. It is a one off game after all and I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho didn't play a 10-0-0 in the hope of taking the game to penalties.

Although, of course, as Mourinho informed us all those years ago - a penalty shoot out doesn't actually count!!!
    True its a one off game but I'd rather back Man City for a treble than Spurs winning anything. I just can't see it and I am worried about the mental health of oohaa. 

I can see Jose winning a one off game, as he's the master of winning a single match whatever it takes

The title is City's to win now though, United dropping points tonight is a massive bonus for them
  • Addickted said:
    I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, De Gea has to go.  Culpable for both goals tonight. 
    They really need to go all out to get Nick Pope 
    No need when they have Dean Henderson 
  • xG Table for the PL.

ManU are among the most over-rated teams and Sheffield the most under-rated, by xG. Wish I saw this before the match, I would have put $20 on it. Oh well, I can always buy Bitcoin before it goes up! Oh... wait.

• edited January 2021
    xG Table for the PL.

ManU are among the most over-rated teams and Sheffield the most under-rated, by xG. Wish I saw this before the match, I would have put $20 on it. Oh well, I can always buy Bitcoin before it goes up! Oh... wait.

West Brom manage to be even worse under XG...and Frank Lampard will be weeping when he sees where Chelsea should be!

Those stats are in many ways a measure of how clinical teams are. If they are missing sitters (e.g. Brighton, Sheff Utd) they'll look better under XG, alternatively if they are average but score goals due to great strikes they'll look worse under XG. 

• I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, De Gea has to go.  Culpable for both goals tonight. 
    First one yes but the second took a big deflection and had no chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, De Gea has to go.  Culpable for both goals tonight. 
    First one yes but the second took a big deflection and had no chance.
    Seconds before he should have kicked the ball away instead of trying to pass to Matic. 
  • Be afraid , Spurs schooling Liverpool ffs
  • BOOOOOOOOOOM Disallowed fuck off spurs
  • edited January 2021
    Seems like Thomas Tuchel is learning from Lee

• Dier has improved at CB massively. Was never a CM.
  • It's an absolute 'dier' game. Spurs sitting back, Liverpool passing it around nicely without doing much, not sure I'll bother with the 2nd half. 
  • Kane has become a bit of a passenger following his two knocks
  • Liverpool take the lead, after Jose's attempt to park the bus for 90 minutes fails
  • Dier has improved at CB massively. Was never a CM.
    He ought to have been more positive for the goal though and cleared it
  • Kane has become a bit of a passenger following his two knocks
    And he's off at half time. Massive blow for Spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    2-0 Liverpool. Very sloppy start from Spurs

TAA
  • 2-1 Hojbjerg
  • the comeback is on ...
  • 3-1 Liverpool, and this one won't be disallowed

TAA having  a great match
  • Liverpool on their game from KO.

Has Bale really slipped that far down the pecking order that Lamela gets the nod at HT instead of him.
    Maybe there was too many games of Golf and not enough fitness work before he came to Spurs.

When Kane got injured half way through the first half and was laboured until HT, there was only going to be one winner.
    Son is a great player but as soon as his assists mate Harry went off he just doesn't get the same passes.

Lloris makes another 2 mistakes but because he makes some good saves he won't get dropped.

TAA finds his form again.
  • Kane could be out for a few weeks. Jose Bowrinho fed up with individual defensive mistakes  ;)
  • The whole set up was just awful, not sure why they started with a back 3. To start it looked like they might be in the game on the counter/break, but really didn't like their starting team. 

Bergwijn, i get he has the work rate but too me he is a poor Moura, Bale had a good game the weekend, he isn't even trying to get him into any form really so cant really help. 

Once Kane came off it was game over, even more why would you put Lamela on? made no sense to me, not sure on Vinicus, like he must be screwing Kane goes off and he doesn't come on?? really odd as he has looked good in the cup and done well when he has had the odd game. What a message to send to your backup young striker that Lamela is ahead and they shuffled Son from his favoured position. 

Another one Mourinho has just set up completely odd and trying to knick it, Liverpool going into this were in poor form they should be going for them from the off, similar to when they beat Arsenal earlier in the season. They allowed Liverpool to play and they grew into the game, i wouldn't say they are back just yet but they are improving and getting there particularly the front 3 last night.
  • The Premier League will trial the use of permanent concussion substitutes from Saturday, 6 February.

The new rule means up to two permanent substitutions can be made in the event of head injuries, even if all replacements have already been used.

Opposition teams will also be able to make a change at the same time.

The first match of the trial is scheduled to be the 12:30 GMT kick-off between Aston Villa and Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55852620

• clive said:

The Premier League will trial the use of permanent concussion substitutes from Saturday, 6 February.

The new rule means up to two permanent substitutions can be made in the event of head injuries, even if all replacements have already been used.

Opposition teams will also be able to make a change at the same time.

The first match of the trial is scheduled to be the 12:30 GMT kick-off between Aston Villa and Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55852620

I can see this being used as a loophole for more subs. I think they should add a rule that anyone who leaves under this clause is "assumed" to have a concussion and must miss the next match. That will keep it from being abused. After all, if they really have a concussion, they should not be playing the next match anyway.