Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Talksport are reporting that Man City have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Harry Kane.  They could well get Jack Grealish too.

Looks like it's a race or 2nd place in the premier league next season
    £160m cash only? I'd reluctantly send him on his way with a big pat on the back, thanking him for his service.  In the current market, £160m funds a big part of our rebuild which has been needed for 3 seasons.  As long as the money is spent wisely.

With deals allegedly already done for 2 CBs, a winger, a CM and a forward over the last couple of weeks, with our DOF running all over Europe with a big suitcase of cash, it does look likely.

Spurs with lots of money to spend, lets see how many flops they'll buy this time (thinking back to the sales of Bale and Modric)
    Fair to say, 5 of the 7 Bale replacements were flops, bar Eriksen and Lamela.  IIRC, we never bought a direct replacement for Modric.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Talksport are reporting that Man City have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Harry Kane.  They could well get Jack Grealish too.

Depends, if Chelsea go for Haaland like they are being linked with, could see them both being very good next season, imagine him on the end of all those chances Werner missed.

Guess Liverpool will have Van Dijk back too, but I can't get past a feeling that they are starting to become a teeny bit of an aging squad compared to others.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

£160m cash only? I'd reluctantly send him on his way with a big pat on the back, thanking him for his service.  In the current market, £160m funds a big part of our rebuild which has been needed for 3 seasons.  As long as the money is spent wisely.

With deals allegedly already done for 2 CBs, a winger, a CM and a forward over the last couple of weeks, with our DOF running all over Europe with a big suitcase of cash, it does look likely.

Spurs with lots of money to spend, lets see how many flops they'll buy this time (thinking back to the sales of Bale and Modric)
    Fair to say, 5 of the 7 Bale replacements were flops, bar Eriksen and Lamela.  IIRC, we never bought a direct replacement for Modric.
    I would even question Lamela - the odd bit of brilliance but 95 League starts and 17 goals in 8 years may not make him a flop but certainly not a success story. He made his international debut at the age of 21 but hasn't been a playing member of the squad for 5 years which is rather a reflection of his inconsistent form.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I would even question Lamela - the odd bit of brilliance but 95 League starts and 17 goals in 8 years may not make him a flop but certainly not a success story. He made his international debut at the age of 21 but hasn't been a playing member of the squad for 5 years which is rather a reflection of his inconsistent form.
    I wouldnt necessarily call him an unqualified success but I wouldnt call him a flop like the poster above.  He's always put in 100% effort every game he's played.  Injuries have talen their toll but cant ever question his work rate.  Every manager played him over 8 years with the club.  Says a lot.
  • Options
    Should have added, sounds like he's on his way to Seville in part-ex for their winger Bryan Gil (no, I've not heard of him either but 'highly rated' apparently!)
  • Options
    Good news for Spurs that Son has signed a new deal.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Should have added, sounds like he's on his way to Seville in part-ex for their winger Bryan Gil (no, I've not heard of him either but 'highly rated' apparently!)
    El peinado del futbolista Bryan Gil carne de memes en Twitter - AScom
    That's Micky Dolenz.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    If Austin Powers and Sacha Baron Cohen had a son.
  • Options
     Ringo 1965 The Beatles  Beatles photos Ringo starr The beatles

Son of Ringo Starr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    @AFKABartram - he reminds me of the fella that played in the Albany Rangers cup final team on the left wing that season.  Cant for the life of me remember his name now.

• Options

Depends, if Chelsea go for Haaland like they are being linked with, could see them both being very good next season, imagine him on the end of all those chances Werner missed.

Guess Liverpool will have Van Dijk back too, but I can't get past a feeling that they are starting to become a teeny bit of an aging squad compared to others.
    I agree. Hate to say it, but Chelsea will be a threat this year.
  • Options

Signed Konate who is a beast and will rival Gomez to play alongside VVD. But they have also lost Wijnaldum who will be tough to replace and are struggling to sign any strikers as they know they will have very limited playing time.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I wouldnt necessarily call him an unqualified success but I wouldnt call him a flop like the poster above.  He's always put in 100% effort every game he's played.  Injuries have talen their toll but cant ever question his work rate.  Every manager played him over 8 years with the club.  Says a lot.
    The rabona he scored last season against Arsenal was fucking amazing too. Love that shit so much