Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Tottenham finishing above Arsenal again is pretty funny at least.
  • Options
    Interesting weekend coming up if Liverpool can win at Burnley.

Chelsea 67 (away @ Villa)
    Liverpool 66 (home vs Palace)
    Leicester 66 (home vs Spurs)
    Chelsea's game at Villa won't be easy, and their players may be distracted by the CL final 6 days later

In fact you can make a case for all 3 sides failing to win
    And after a crazy afternoon two of the three sides did lose
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    In the name of Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee effing Donkey please Leicester win and Chelsea lose. Prove me wrong.

Gutted even though I knew that my 11th treble on beat the bookies would come in.
    Leeds
    Liverpool
    Spurs

Leicester were spent after winning the cup final.
    Totally gutted that Chelsea are in the Champions League.
  • Options
    I thought any handball nowadays ruled out a goal. Or does VAR change the rules as the season goes on. 
    In this case, I think the answer is yes, they do. I’m pretty sure they scrapped the automatic disallowed goal for handball halfway through the season.
    I may be mistaken though.
    PGMOL now saying it was handball but was sufficient time between the handball & the goal for it not to matter....

wtf  !!!  
  • Options
    Would have much preferred to finish 8th and out of the Conference League bullshit in 7th but given Arsenal were in 8th, I'll reluctantly take it lol.
  • Options
    On the radio they just said that Timo Werner had 13 goals called back this season as offside. Is that even possible? 😳
  • Options
    Oh... that hug between Dele, Sonny and Kane at the end...they've definitely played together for the last time.  Sigh.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Oh... that hug between Dele, Sonny and Kane at the end...they've definitely played together for the last time.  Sigh.
    My pick for 9th next year and Levy sacked by  Christmas.
  • Options
    I thought any handball nowadays ruled out a goal. Or does VAR change the rules as the season goes on. 
    In this case, I think the answer is yes, they do. I’m pretty sure they scrapped the automatic disallowed goal for handball halfway through the season.
    I may be mistaken though.
    PGMOL now saying it was handball but was sufficient time between the handball & the goal for it not to matter....

wtf  !!!  
    Must have missed that change to the rule book mid season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    So the 4 teams that most of us thought would be in the top 4 unless Spurs signed a couple of world class midfielder to back up Kane and Son: City, United, Liverpool and the odious Chelsea backed up the money spent on their team.

Plus the 3 teams that looked out of their depth since September went down.
    Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham.
    The blades were my nap for bottom place the season before. 

Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley were always going to have more that the bottom 3.

Have a look at the League table, is it a surprise to anyone other than Liverpool finished 3rd not 2nd which was amazing since they lost both Van DijK and Gomez plus Henderson at the business end of the season to still finish so high up.

If Kane goes to any of the top 4 in the Premier it will get even more a closed shop.

Levy always goes to the wire with transfers and Harry could be left very frustrated.

Having no crowds gave us some surprises over the season but not the final position's.
    David Moyes again proving he is a decent manager by getting West ham in 6th place.

• Options
    Interesting weekend coming up if Liverpool can win at Burnley.

Chelsea 67 (away @ Villa)
    Liverpool 66 (home vs Palace)
    Leicester 66 (home vs Spurs)
    Villa and Palace have nothing to play for though.

I think after all the ups and downs of the season and the threats by Leicester and West Ham we're going to end up with the same 4 big clubs in the champions league again.
    And so it proved.

Disappointed that Leicester couldn't get there but i think if you asked their fans would they rather have won the FA Cup or finished 4th, the majority would've taken the cup win.
  • Options
    Man United this season was just the 4th time in top flight history a side has gone an entire season unbeaten away from home. The others were:

Preston 1888-89
    Arsenal 2001-02
    Arsenal 2003-04
  • Options
    Newcastle 12th in the end. The final table goes in distinct blocks.
  • Options
    Spurs show there might be life AK (after Kane)
  • Options
    The north west monopoly needs breaking
  • Options
    The way Liverpool finished the season, it's baffling how they went through that rubbish spell, as they put together their late surge without VVD, Gomez, Matip AND Henderson
  • Options
    Eh?

He scored one and set up one 

One was an own goal and two were scored by someone on loan who won’t be there next season 

• Options
    The north west monopoly needs breaking
    Have patience and trust in TS - we’ll get there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kane wants away, Bale will go, Son is out of contract in 2 years, Lloris isn't getting any younger (although he could of course still play for a few years), Aurier is leaving, Alderweireld is in his 30s.

I think Spurs need a big rebuild.
  • Options
    His Souness was decent, thought his OGS was superb, as it's a difficult one to do surely, not sure what his accent is anymore!
  • Options
    Fantasy premier league for 21/22 is accepting teams, will there be a CL league again this year?
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Fantasy premier league for 21/22 is accepting teams, will there be a CL league again this year?
    I do hope so - I have a title to retain!
  • Options
    Talksport are reporting that Man City have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Harry Kane.  They could well get Jack Grealish too.

Looks like it's a race or 2nd place in the premier league next season
  • Options
    I know Jack should probably move to City to get European football and all that, but there's something great about him just playing for his boyhood club.

he might be tempted to stay - Villa appear to be having another great transfer window.
  • Options
    I know Jack should probably move to City to get European football and all that, but there's something great about him just playing for his boyhood club.

he might be tempted to stay - Villa appear to be having another great transfer window.
    Buendia is a good signing but who else have they got apart from Ashley Young who is now 36?
  • Options
    Talksport are reporting that Man City have agreed a deal with Tottenham for Harry Kane.  They could well get Jack Grealish too.

£160m cash only? I'd reluctantly send him on his way with a big pat on the back, thanking him for his service.  In the current market, £160m funds a big part of our rebuild which has been needed for 3 seasons.  As long as the money is spent wisely.

With deals allegedly already done for 2 CBs, a winger, a CM and a forward over the last couple of weeks, with our DOF running all over Europe with a big suitcase of cash, it does look likely.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:

£160m cash only? I'd reluctantly send him on his way with a big pat on the back, thanking him for his service.  In the current market, £160m funds a big part of our rebuild which has been needed for 3 seasons.  As long as the money is spent wisely.

With deals allegedly already done for 2 CBs, a winger, a CM and a forward over the last couple of weeks, with our DOF running all over Europe with a big suitcase of cash, it does look likely.

Spurs with lots of money to spend, lets see how many flops they'll buy this time (thinking back to the sales of Bale and Modric)