Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Sky are reporting that the contract that Tuchel us expected to sign is for 18 months with an option for a further year and not the 4.5 years previously mentioned
  • edited January 2021
    After conversations between the PGMOL and IFAB they have looked at the offside rule and set a new interpretation.

Basically Man City goal against Villa wouldn't stand if it was scored tonight, it would now be ruled out for offside

So @golfaddick you can stop looking now because any future incidents will be offside as the rule has been changed
  • After conversations between the PGMOL and IFAB they have looked at the offside rule and set a new interpretation.

Basically Man City goal against Villa wouldn't stand if it was scored tonight, it would now be ruled out for offside

So @golfaddick you can stop looking now because any future incidents will be offside as the rule has been changed
    Ridiculous... There shouldnt even be rule changes midway through the season

Thats them basically saying they're happy to make it up as they go along
  • If Sam Allardyce maintains his record of never being relegated I'll eat my hat. West Brom are dreadful. They've got worse since he took over!!
  • If Sheff United and West Brom were not two of the worst PL teams of all time this may have been Palace's year for relegation. Shame.
  • If Sam Allardyce maintains his record of never being relegated I'll eat my hat. West Brom are dreadful. They've got worse since he took over!!
    Man C are ripping them apart .. as you'd expect from a team that has cost lots of £millions
    He'll resign before the last game of the season

Notice that Man City took Foden off on 52mins, thought: "Ouch" has he played poorly

Then noticed they were already 4-0 up at that stage
  • Liverpool now 7 points behind City!
    Man C are ripping them apart .. as you'd expect from a team that has cost lots of £millions
    Bilic managed a draw against Man City. Big Sam has come in and tightened things up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t knock Arsenals league form 
  • Liverpool now 7 points behind City!
    Just realised Liverpool could be 8th after games in hand have been played by Spurs, Villa and Everton. 
  • Big Sam rips off his shirt to reveal a Wolves shirt underneath
  • the current bottom 3 once more emphasise the difference, the gap in class between the mega rich prem and most of the rest 
    They have only played  1 decent team in Chelsea in that recent league form tho before tonight.

Beat Newcastle
    Drew to Palace
    Beat West Brom
    Beat Brighton 
    Beat Chelsea

Before that
    Lost to Everton 
    Drew to Southampton 
    Lost to Burnley 
    Lost to Tottenham 
    Lost to Wolves 
    Drew to Leeds
    Lost to Villa

Thats their league matches, their recent run of form coincides with playing easier opposition.

Man Utd
    Wolves
    Villa
    Leeds
    Man City

There next 5 see how their form is then
  • Shame - thought Southampton would have got at least a point from that
    They have only played  1 decent team in Chelsea in that recent league form tho before tonight.

Beat Newcastle
    Drew to Palace
    Beat West Brom
    Beat Brighton 
    Beat Chelsea

Before that
    Lost to Everton 
    Drew to Southampton 
    Lost to Burnley 
    Lost to Tottenham 
    Lost to Wolves 
    Drew to Leeds
    Lost to Villa

Thats their league matches, their recent run of form coincides with playing easier opposition.

Man Utd
    Wolves
    Villa
    Leeds
    Man City

Yes by form I meant last 5 games as that’s the usual form table. I fancy them to take maximum points off all apart from the Manchester clubs.
  • Shame - thought Southampton would have got at least a point from that
    the Saints march has slowed down a pace or two, the Gunners are no longer firing so many blanks
    He'll resign before the last game of the season

Notice that Man City took Foden off on 52mins, thought: "Ouch" has he played poorly

Then noticed they were already 4-0 up at that stage
    Or be sacked and then pretend he 'doesn't do relegation'.

"The Mark Hughes manoeuvre" I believe it's known as.

Beat Newcastle
    Drew to Palace
    Beat West Brom
    Beat Brighton 
    Beat Chelsea

Before that
    Lost to Everton 
    Drew to Southampton 
    Lost to Burnley 
    Lost to Tottenham 
    Lost to Wolves 
    Drew to Leeds
    Lost to Villa

Man Utd
    Wolves
    Villa
    Leeds
    Man City

Yes by form I meant last 5 games as that’s the usual form table. I fancy them to take maximum points off all apart from the Manchester clubs.
    I get you meant the last 5 games, I was just saying in those 5 games they have played 4 of the bottom 8, so there good form in those 5 games could also just be because of the opposition they have faced
  • Sponsored links:

Beat Newcastle
    Drew to Palace
    Beat West Brom
    Beat Brighton 
    Beat Chelsea

Before that
    Lost to Everton 
    Drew to Southampton 
    Lost to Burnley 
    Lost to Tottenham 
    Lost to Wolves 
    Drew to Leeds
    Lost to Villa

Man Utd
    Wolves
    Villa
    Leeds
    Man City

I get you meant the last 5 games, I was just saying in those 5 games they have played 4 of the bottom 8, so there good form in those 5 games could also just be because of the opposition they have faced
    Agree mate. I’m glad he’s started playing the youth tho. Saka is one hell of a talent.
  • John Stones stats this season have been incredible. He has played a total of 1,379 minutes (the equivalent of more than 15 full games) and whilst he's been on pitch City have conceded just two goals. In his 18 appearances this season City have won 17 and drew 0-0 against United.

Yes Dias has made a tremendous difference but if we are going to hold Stones accountable for all those mistakes he regularly used to make then at least we should acknowledge how he has now succeeded in eliminating them. 
  • edited January 2021
    4.5 year deal for Tuchel, he's signing a contract to summer 2025.

Still feel Lampard deserved a bit more time though. They went on a 17 game unbeaten run from September to mid-December. Since then they've lost 5 out of 8 in the league, but their next 2 games are at home and they've got Sheff Utd and Newcastle soon after that, so although they're struggling he could've easily turned it around. Also still in the CL and have Barnsley away in the FA Cup 5th round.

He's basically been sacked because of an 8 game bad spell. Bowyer would've had no chance if Abramovich was our owner.
    He's been sacked because they're 9th after spending £200m+ 

He's been sacked because he has the lowest win percentage over Roman's entire ownership. 

Hardly just 8 games. Anyone could have seen his spell at Derby and known that he was bang average tactically. Out of his depth and it showed in every big game. 
    I know why he's been sacked, but that doesn't mean they couldn't turn it round.

Was he bang average and out of his depth last season, or when they went 17 games unbeaten this season, or when they won 4-0 away to Sevilla to win their CL group?

United stuck by Solskjaer earlier in the season and now look at them? If Abramovich was City owner he's probably have sacked Guardiola a couple of months ago when they were sitting in the bottom half at the end of November.

I agree 100% with this post about Frank Lampard who will be successful in Management somewhere else if he isn't put off by the usual out come at Chelski.

Showing my age now but Ferguson would have been sacked at Man United if Abramovich had been the owner after losing to Charlton 2-0 and playing a young Sharp at full back where he was shite. They were clueless that day and the chewy man would have had the tin tack before Mark Robins saved his bacon with a vital goal some time later. 
    Little Paul Williams was excellent that day against United.

Ps. Graham Taylor tried doing the same with Lee Sharp at full back for England and he was still shite.

Decent winger on his day but Lee was over shadowed by his mate Ryan Giggs.
  • Another variant of the footballing virus has been found at the top end of the Premier League , this one is considered more dangerous than the earlier versions Liverpool19 and Spurs20 .
    It will make you wheezey, light headed and sickness is guaranteed , WestHam21 it’s been called and has appeared since the turn of the new year .
    Hopefully Scientists in Manchester will have a solution but stay alert , stay home , wash hands and be very wary of westham21 🦠
  • City are absolutely flying right now.

Dias and Stones are rocks.
    After an iffy first season, Cancelo has turned into one of the worlds best full backs.
    Gundogan is in the form of his life.
    Foden is getting better all the time.

And all this is with Sterling way off his previous seasons form and Aguero hardly having had a kick all season.

After an iffy first season, Cancelo has turned into one of the worlds best full backs.

And all this is with Sterling way off his previous seasons form and Aguero hardly having had a kick all season.
    At the moment it looks like City's title to lose. When you're that solid at the back, even without Aguero and KDB they've got more than enough to keep winning games

Cancelo’s position on the pitch is a mystery to me but he looks one hell of a player.

Not the greatest opposition granted, but City’s movement on and off the ball was something else last night.
  • Macronate said:
    City are absolutely flying right now.

Cancelo’s position on the pitch is a mystery to me but he looks one hell of a player.

Not the greatest opposition granted, but City’s movement on and off the ball was something else last night.
    Apparently he completed more passes in the final 3rd than the whole West Brom team did yesterday. 
  • Cancelo might be brilliant going forward, but is allowed to by players elsewhere covering. And because the opponents are West Brom
  • First league game and Tuchel has dropped arguably Chelsea best 2 players this season, who both happen to be young English talents.

Mount and James

Reckon both are gonna struggle with game time under Tuchel