Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Liverpool’s last 5 league games
    3 draws, 2 defeats
    just 1 goal scored
  • 1st home defeat since 2017 (don't know which month) .. how come Ben Mee has never been selected for England ?

• edited January 2021
    68 unbeaten at home now for Liverpool, thankfully it should come to an end soon, think Man City will beat them in Feb 
    Ok ended at 68, they just needed me to post this to jynx them, I wished I knew that 65 matches ago 🤣🤣
  • Pope was brilliant tonight.

I'd love to have been able to hear Klopp and Dyche ranting at each other at half time. 

I'd love to have been able to hear Klopp and Dyche ranting at each other at half time. 
    ruck ? . my cash would be on Dyche 

All the smart money would be on Dyche.

Klopp following him stopped dead when he turned back!
  • edited January 2021
    Pope was brilliant tonight.

He does seem to enjoy playing against Liverpool
  • Sponsored links:

What's the name of this film please? Seen it years ago and want to see it again. Very sad but well done

What's the name of this film please? Seen it years ago and want to see it again. Very sad but well done
    Think that's from Dead Man's Shoes

One of my favourites, need to watch it again soon! 

That's the one. Ta mate
  • Crazy how Liverpool have gone from the confidence of a 7-0 win at Palace to suddenly going 5 without a win, can't score goals and playing like strangers.
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester do it again. It's similar where the bigger clubs aren't quite at their best and they just have a solid team with great team spirit. I'd still place my bet on City, they've really turned it around at the back, especially Stones. Only issue with them is the goals as Aguero isn't the one of old. 
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester do it again. It's similar where the bigger clubs aren't quite at their best and they just have a solid team with great team spirit. I'd still place my bet on City, they've really turned it around at the back, especially Stones. Only issue with them is the goals as Aguero isn't the one of old. 
    Thought Aguero would be back soon as he was isolating after being close contact with someone who tested positive.........but now he's tested positive himself so he'll be out for a few more games.
  • Crazy how Liverpool have gone from the confidence of a 7-0 win at Palace to suddenly going 5 without a win, can't score goals and playing like strangers.
    Very funny though.
  • 1-0 Burnley 7 minutes to go
    Unreal what the pressure of Spurs breathing down their necks has done to them 
    "Hello, Dr Tottenham here...how can I help..?"

Ya, it's Jurgen Klopp. Ve need a wisit from you, can you make next Thursday evening..?"

"No problem... see you then" ...
  • Sponsored links:

Thought Aguero would be back soon as he was isolating after being close contact with someone who tested positive.........but now he's tested positive himself so he'll be out for a few more games.
    Yes and he might be able to rediscover a bit of form but he looks a little slower when I've seen him this season. Obviously they still have a lot of outstanding talent going forwards but only Aguero and Sterling have scored consistently. 
  • I think if you put a world class striker in City set up now they piss the league, Kane/Lewamdowski/Haaland, they have found their form but the only thing that makes you doubt them is constant playing wingers as a false 9/ or KDB or Jesus who hasn't really stepped up at all. They will have enough still but imagine if they had a World class striker, i would say the same as Liverpool i know Firminio is decent enough but just imagine them having someone like Kane. 

Nice to see liverpool in a bit of a rut, odd one really as their forward players have been playing mostly its there defence that was affected (slightly) just seem to be out of ideas or found out? Last night was a combination of that and Burnley played the perfect game, Pope played well but Liverpool never really looked like scoring in the second half, not sure why they took origi off when he had a couple chances and didn't look terrible.
    United i still expect to drop down, also hope they do, if fernandes gets injured they would be screwed imo. They have looked decent recently but still think they are riding their luck. 
    Leicester solid and could do it, but expect City, Spurs will be up there two, interesting as literally any team can beat anyone or hold out for a 0-0 draw, exciting season for the neutral. 
  • Liverpool are demonstrating how important their centre backs are. With most of their recognised centre backs out they just aren't confident of not conceding. Therefore the fullbacks (which are key to the way Liverpool play) aren't bombing forward. This then allows teams to double up on Mane and Salah without the worry of the fullbacks overlapping and exploiting the space.

Bringing it back to Charlton for a moment, we may see a dramatic change in our attacking place when our first choice centre backs returns. The midfield won't feel the need to protect them as much and will play 10 yards further up the pitch.
    It's also taking away from their midfield given Fabinho, Henderson etc are filling in at the back.

Bizarre they've not signed a centre back, same as us.
  • Liverpool are demonstrating how important their centre backs are. With most of their recognised centre backs out they just aren't confident of not conceding. Therefore the fullbacks (which are key to the way Liverpool play) aren't bombing forward. This then allows teams to double up on Mane and Salah without the worry of the fullbacks overlapping and exploiting the space.

Bringing it back to Charlton for a moment, we may see a dramatic change in our attacking place when our first choice centre backs returns. The midfield won't feel the need to protect them as much and will play 10 yards further up the pitch.
    Great post Andy. Sums up the importance of a strong CB pairing beyond just not conceding goals. Great effect on rest of the team.
  • Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy will undergo hernia surgery and is expected to be sidelined for a few weeks.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55769057

But then they beat Palace 7-0 with Fabinho at the back (with Matip) and beat Spurs 2-1 with a CB pairing of Fabinho and the youngster R Williams
  • clive said:
    Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy will undergo hernia surgery and is expected to be sidelined for a few weeks.
    Massive blow for Leicester. He's the one player who seems to be irreplaceable for them
  • De Bruyne out for 6 weeks.

Good news day for United.
  • clive said:
    Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy will undergo hernia surgery and is expected to be sidelined for a few weeks.
    Massive blow for Leicester. He's the one player who seems to be irreplaceable for them
    Only scored 1 in the last 7.

I would say Harvey Barnes and James Maddison are more irreplaceable atm