Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• You take Zaha out of that Palace team and they really are rubbish.

In fact, why is Zaha wasting his career at that tin pot club? Ok I can't stand the guy but fair play, he's got ability (including an ability to dive). Seems strange that no "big" club wants to take a punt on him.
  • Does Klopp ever
    stop complaining ?
  • You take Zaha out of that Palace team and they really are rubbish.

In fact, why is Zaha wasting his career at that tin pot club? Ok I can't stand the guy but fair play, he's got ability (including an ability to dive). Seems strange that no "big" club wants to take a punt on him.
    Probably a mixture of his failed spell at United(although he was younger and there was obviously other factors) and Palace pricing clubs out the market for him is why he is still there
  • City record a mammoth 4-0 victory but are still behind Spurs in the goal difference charts (on goals scored) thats got to be disheartening for them 
    I think the only person its disheartening for is you 🤣🤣
  • I know everyone was rating Man City for the title but I still thought they were about five points from the top (post this win), didnt realise they were now second and two behind Man Utd with a game in hand!!
    They've had a good run when Liverpool and Spurs have stuttered. It's still very tight though, great for the neutral
  • Remember when I said Luke Shaw for England a couple of weeks ago and you were all like 'nah'
  • Leuth said:
    Remember when I said Luke Shaw for England a couple of weeks ago and you were all like 'nah'
    He's doing well and worth taking as a backup (especially as we've had Southgate playing RB's at LB) but i wouldn't have him ahead of Chilwell.
  • Oh God, it’s Man U v Liverpool again in the cup on Sunday!
  • opened up nicely for Man Citeeeeh
  • Leuth said:
    Remember when I said Luke Shaw for England a couple of weeks ago and you were all like 'nah'
    He's doing well and worth taking as a backup (especially as we've had Southgate playing RB's at LB) but i wouldn't have him ahead of Chilwell.
    Which I think is essentially people replied to Leith at the time.

• Sponsored links:

• Arsenal v Newcastle on MNF

And they are sat talking about Liverpool v Man Utd
  • If Shaw can keep fit and play well for the rest of the season, I'm sure he'll be in the squad. Staying fit is his biggest problem
  • Smith-Rowe + Saka showing great potential for England squads to come. 

Sancho (20)
    Saka (19)
    Foden (20) 
    Smith-Rowe (20)
    Rashford (23)
    Greenwood (19)

Seems our attacking midfield will be sorted for the next 10 years + 
  • I think Andy Carrol spends more time getting in the way of his teammates than actually doing anything valuable. 
  • Shame we have

Trippier
    TAA
    Walker

Already at RB and Chillwell and Shaw at LB

Because James Justin has been fantastic for Leicester this season and would be a great shout for the Euros but those are positions we just dont need
  • Reece James too.
  • Newcastle last 8 league games: won 1, drawn 2, lost 5. Yet they’re still a decent 7 points clear of bottom 3. 
  • How much longer will they persist with Steve Bruce? Newcastle are so poor right now.

Shows how bad the bottom 3 have been though, Newcastle 1 win in 8, Burnley just 9 goals scored in 17 games, and neither are in the drop zone.
  • Leicester 2-0 up against Chelsea. Frank under a bit of pressure you'd imagine...
  • How much longer will they persist with Steve Bruce? Newcastle are so poor right now.

Shows how bad the bottom 3 have been though, Newcastle 1 win in 8, Burnley just 9 goals scored in 17 games, and neither are in the drop zone.
    So long as they stay up Ashley is happy and Bruce is not under pressure, he does not want to win anything, just stay up and get the riches from the prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could have 3 different league leaders in the space of a few hours tomorrow. 

Leicester currently top. Man City beat Villa at 6 would see them go top. Then Man United beat Fulham at 8.15 to jump them both. 
  • Could have 3 different league leaders in the space of a few hours tomorrow. 

Leicester currently top. Man City beat Villa at 6 would see them go top. Then Man United beat Fulham at 8.15 to jump them both. 
    Good to see a bit of competition this season. 
  • Leicester 2-0 up against Chelsea. Frank under a bit of pressure you'd imagine...
    Spent 220m in the summer, they are 8th and have 1 win against a current top half side so far this season.

Whilst Lampard may get a bit longer because he's a club legend, Abramovich is not exactly known for sticking by his managers. 

So long as they stay up Ashley is happy and Bruce is not under pressure, he does not want to win anything, just stay up and get the riches from the prem.
    Just like 14 other clubs.
  • I like Maddison, heard him talk a few times, and hugely impressive when he speaks, takes a load of unnecessary flak about his clothing choices, but bright bloke
  • “You don’t play for Brendan Rogers, if you don’t do the dirty work” 
  • Great interview... Talks like a future Manager there
  • Rothko said:
    I like Maddison, heard him talk a few times, and hugely impressive when he speaks, takes a load of unnecessary flak about his clothing choices, but bright bloke
    Totally agree.  Love his attitude.  Shame Dele Alli cant take a leaf out of his book.
  • edited January 2021
    Really like Maddison and I'm glad to hear he's worked on his game to get into the box and score goals. He's been a good player for a few years now but was more of a scorer of good goals than a goalscorer. If he can start chipping in with 10-12 goals a season regularly he's going to be a top player.