Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• A clean sweep of away victories tonight
  • If City beat Liverpool at the weekend it will leave the champions 10 points behind having played a game more.
  • A clean sweep of away victories tonight
    There have been 79 home wins in the PL this season and 87 away wins this season.
  • Impressed by Lingard. Played hardly any football this season, but scores twice in his first game for West Ham AND lasts 90 minutes
  • Impressed by Lingard. Played hardly any football this season, but scores twice in his first game for West Ham AND lasts 90 minutes
    Impressed by him and also by West Ham, got a decent shout of top 6 if they keep playing like that.

Superb for Lingard, like you say to not play all season and then come into a fast paced Premier league game and play 90 minutes is a great effort. 
  • Full credit to Brighton, out of nowhere have turned their season around.

4 clean sheets in a row, with wins against Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool, and bizarrely the game they drew was against the worst team in that run, Fulham. Have a decent run of games coming up too, so could potentially climb into mid table.
  • Klopp moaning that his team are "not fit physically or mentally" when it's ultimately his own fault. They're paying the price now for barely rotating their team at all over the past 2-3 seasons.

Barring the odd injury, Robertson, TAA, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah and Firmino played virtually every single game and now they look completely exhausted. All of them (plus Van Dijk) have played 40-50 games a season plus internationals on top of that. That takes its toll eventually.
    While the CB injuries have been a massive problem for them, losing Jota in retrospect was just as important as he was really playing well, and enabled them to rotate their front 3
  • Not overturning the Luiz red is a sign that not only is the FA bent, but it's digging in its heels over VAR. We can all see you with your pants down, you know
  • Spurs v chelsea has 0-0 written all over it. Or is it so obviously going to be 0-0, that it’ll be a cracker?
  • Sponsored links:

• Eric Dier is so overrated.  I think he's er......Dire
  • The football was awful under Mourinho with Kane but at least they were getting results. Without him the football is even worse and they aren't getting the results. Heading for their third consecutive defeat.

How long will Spurs' fans and more to the point Levi put up with this rubbish?
  • edited February 2021

Not sure I’ve ever seen a momentum graph so one sided.
  • Spurs are woeful. Absolutely zero idea once they get over the halfway line. It’s embarrassing for a side that had title aspirations 2 months ago.
  • Spurs v chelsea has 0-0 written all over it. Or is it so obviously going to be 0-0, that it’ll be a cracker?
    I might have to buy you a beer. I was struggling to know what bet to do...you made me decide to it had to be no goalscorer or a penalty taker.

• The football was awful under Mourinho with Kane but at least they were getting results. Without him the football is even worse and they aren't getting the results. Heading for their third consecutive defeat.

In answer to that question...

The performance last 3-4 games has been nothing short of disgraceful.  The natives are restless.

Poch was sacked for less.

Levy needs to be accountable for this shit show.
  • Everton, Villa and Leeds win games in hand, it’ll be Liverpool 5th, Spurs 9th and Arsenal 11th after 22 games! 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    The football was awful under Mourinho with Kane but at least they were getting results. Without him the football is even worse and they aren't getting the results. Heading for their third consecutive defeat.

In answer to that question...

The performance last 3-4 games has been nothing short of disgraceful.  The natives are restless.

Poch was sacked for less.

Levy needs to be accountable for this shit show.
    Restless natives? Dunno what you mean.😀
    Spurs go through managers like a dog on heat and fans always say the last manager (Poch) was the right man.
    Spurs fans got rid of Poch not Levy ...they wanted success after his good start. Same thing happening at Charlton 
  • "Boring boring Tottenham. Boring, boring Tottenham"
  • Spurs have taken 9 points from their last 10 games. Teams have got wise to the fact that if you do not leave yourself exposed to the counter then Spurs have very little to offer. They are incapable of taking the game to the opposition.

Mourinho's only saving grace is that there isn't a crowd to vent their spleen!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Bale signing looks like a gimmick now, rather than a decent signing which was meant to help them get closer to winning the league. 
  • Spurs have taken 9 points from their last 10 games. Teams have got wise to the fact that if you do not leave yourself exposed to the counter then Spurs have very little to offer. They are incapable of taking the game to the opposition.

Mourinho's only saving grace is that there isn't a crowd to vent their spleen!
    Blimey, even we’ve managed 10 points from 10 games!
  • The Bale signing looks like a gimmick now, rather than a decent signing which was meant to help them get closer to winning the league. 

I suggested that earlier but I think it's either that Bale was Levy's signing or Mourinho thought that he could change Bale into the footballer that he wanted him to be in the same way as LB thought that he could change Maddison.
  • Eric Dier is so overrated.  I think he's er......Dire
    Was in really good form admittedly. Last few weeks have shown it was just temporary and now he’s playing like 95% of people expect him to. 
  • Spurs are a 2 man team. When 1 of them doesn't play, they're a poor side
    I might have to buy you a beer. I was struggling to know what bet to do...you made me decide to it had to be no goalscorer or a penalty taker.

Ah the old buy you beer while nowhere is open trick!
  • They're a cup team
  • They're a cup team
    That's not quite what you were saying a few weeks ago. I lost count and serious hours of my life trying to convince you that they can't win the PL. They could win one of the cups I'll grant you that even if they have to win every game on penalties!

I suggested that earlier but I think it's either that Bale was Levy's signing or Mourinho thought that he could change Bale into the footballer that he wanted him to be in the same way as LB thought that he could change Maddison.
     I always thought he was a Levy signing. Still think there’s a world class player there but just doesn’t suit Mourinho.