Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• This loss pretty much eliminates Liverpool from the race. They now need to start worrying about top 4.
  • Wow Foden. Wow
  • Foden !! .. 
  • Wow, Foden is turning into an amazing player.
  • 3 hard years of success and a few injuries have left the Liverpool players on their knees .. tougher than tough ((:>)
  • se9addick said:
    Did Allison not see Bernardo there? Crazy
    Think Liverpool should think about changing the colour of their stand covering. And send Allison for an eye test.
  • This is just beautiful 
  • England need to build the team around Foden. 

Has the potential to be the best attacking player we've ever produced. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pep said he would “set Koop straight on Saturday.” Sure did! Now the fun part will be seeing who Klopp blames for the loss. The ref? The schedule? Patrick Mahomes?
  • Man City beat Liverpool without De Bruyne and Aguero 

Admittedly this is a poor Liverpool side with no CBs. But looks like sides at completely different ends of the table. 
  • We must remember he's playing with incredible players in a fantastic team, but wow, Foden is some player!!
  • Liverpool look dead on their feet and City look like they could play another game.

Seems crazy to say it, but they could potentially even have a fight on their hands for top 4.
  • edited February 2021
    I can't defend female keepers anymore ?

Allison Becker had a mare.

Becker had trouble today with foot faults and the ball kept ending up in the net.
  • edited February 2021
    I’ve been a little critical of Pep in the sense I thought Foden could’ve played a bigger role last season.

But if it means he’s playing like this then the slow bedding in process has been worth it.

Im so excited for this Euro 2021, I just hope Southgate gets it right
  • Southgate simply has to find a way to fit Foden into his team at the Euro's.
    I'm going to revise this and say that if Southgate can't find a way to fit Grealish and Foden in his team and get us to at least the semi's then he needs to be sacked.
  • Liverpool look dead on their feet and City look like they could play another game.

Seems crazy to say it, but they could potentially even have a fight on their hands for top 4.
    Great ain't it
  • City form is incredible. 

Last 10 league games: 30 points!

Scored 25. Conceded 2. 
  • Southgate simply has to find a way to fit Foden into his team at the Euro's.
    I'm going to revise this and say that if Southgate can't find a way to fit Grealish and Foden in his team and get us to at least the semi's then he needs to be sacked.
    How do you fit both in starting 11? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Southgate simply has to find a way to fit Foden into his team at the Euro's.
    How do you fit both in starting 11? 
    Foden plays on the right, Grealish on the left. Pretty simple? 
  • Foden the best we have in midfield now. 100%. At what 20 years old?!

We should be taking all 4 Foden, Grealish, Maddison AND Mount to the Euros.
  • I remember the last couple of seasons Pep has had constant questions of why Foden hasn’t been playing constantly. He said it was too soon and better to build him up slowly. Seeing how he’s playing this season, can’t argue with that and has been superb management from Pep. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    I’ve been a little critical of Pep in the sense I thought Foden could’ve played a bigger role last season.

But if it means he’s playing like this then the slow bedding in process has been worth it.

Im so excited for this Euro 2021, I just hope Southgate gets it right

I've had the same argument in the last couple of years as he insisted that Foden should have gone out on loan. I responded by saying that training with David Silva, Bernardo Silva, KDB, Gundogan, Sterling, Aguero etc etc and under Pep than going and playing in the Championship where the likelihood is that he would have developed a neck injury from seeing the ball sail over his head the whole time!

Foden has actually made 31appearances this season for Club and Country, started 22 of them and scored 12 times. He's still only 20 and we have more than 3 months of the season left. Better this way than the likes of Michael Owen who, because he started so many games at such a young age, was a spent force by the age of 30.
  • edited February 2021

• se9addick said:
    A full match fixing investigation into Allison should now take place!
    Just messaged that to my Citeh mate asked him if the Sheikh had offered Allison free air travel ✈️ for life 😏. Glad they won though👏.
  • Please please please please Southgate - don’t fuck it up and do something stupid like leave Foden on the bench with 8 defenders on the pitch. It’s all coming together - Stones looks world class again.... Maguire and Shaw are revitalised, Sterling, Foden, Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Grealish.......

I'm excited again.