Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Nobody would deny that Bamford is a very good frontman, it's just that his finishing isn't top drawer. Last season his conversion stats weren't good, in a team creating masses of chances he should have scored more goals.

Indeed it's impressive that he's stepped up and become a more reliable scorer
  • Still not convinced Bamford is a technically a very good player. But he works his arse off and suits this Bielsa system so well, the fact he plays 90 mins every week is testament to that. 
    I still can't work out if this is the same guy who seemingly needed 6 chances to score a goal and managed to only score 16 despite playing every game in a dominant Leeds side who won the league easily.

His improvement has been phenomenal, if he was a sprinter or a cyclist i'd be calling for a drug test!
  • Well...looks like William Saliba's Arsenal career could be over before it even started.

Trending all over social media right now...ahem cough
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Well...looks like William Saliba's Arsenal career could be over before it even started.

Such a weird video. Don’t think he’s done much wrong, but there’s so many questions I have...
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Well...looks like William Saliba's Arsenal career could be over before it even started.

Such a weird video. Don’t think he’s done much wrong, but there’s so many questions I have...
    Many many many questions.

May just be coincidence that the video has been leaked less than 24hrs after slating Arteta on French TV but somehow I doubt it...
  • Still not convinced Bamford is a technically a very good player. But he works his arse off and suits this Bielsa system so well, the fact he plays 90 mins every week is testament to that. 
    I still can't work out if this is the same guy who seemingly needed 6 chances to score a goal and managed to only score 16 despite playing every game in a dominant Leeds side who won the league easily.

His improvement has been phenomenal, if he was a sprinter or a cyclist i'd be calling for a drug test!

One word "confidence". It could go as easily as it came. It's the reason why some players, having been prolific scorers at one club, "freeze" in front of goal following a big money move. They forget what made them successful usually because they stop doing do things instinctively causing them to delay by that split second or overhit the ball. One also cannot underestimate what the backing of a Manager who plays you week in week out, come what may, does for you. 

Bamford still misses his fair share but certainly not to the degree he was last season and he is playing in a team that does create. Only the top 4 teams have scored more goals and I would imagine that he would struggle to be as successful at say Burnley or Sheffield United - but there again so would most strikers.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

May just be coincidence that the video has been leaked less than 24hrs after slating Arteta on French TV but somehow I doubt it...
    Is he the one filming or the one being filmed ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Is he the one filming or the one being filmed ? 
    Filming. Not sure if that makes it better or not.
  • Full-back James Justin has sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury and is expected to spend a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

A shame as he might have made the Euros squad
  • Full-back James Justin has sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury and is expected to spend a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

A shame as he might have made the Euros squad
    thats a tragedy for the lad and Leicester.  Been impressed by him this season.  Him and Tierney have been standouts this season at LB.  
  • Sponsored links:

• HAHAHAAAAA! Have that Liverpool.
  • This is beautiful. Tears in my eyes.
  • Hilarious. Especially after the shitshow of VAR two minutes earlier.
  • Liverpool will drop to 6th if Chelsea and West Ham win
  • That is why football is a beautiful game.

Or as the great Jimmy Greaves said:

It's a funny old game 

3-1
  • Laddick01 said:
    Okay now I’m full mast.
    Too much information!!
  • Wallop. This scouse team has no backbone. Fallen to pieces here. If I gave a shit, it’d be shameful.
  • Love the fact its had been Liverpool up until it went 1-1...
  • Sponsored links:

• How on earth does VAR check this and give it onside? 
    Who cares?

Because no one touched the ball despite the forward having a swing at the ball 

• I’d also add though, how did VAR decide the penalty was definitely outside the box? Didn’t look clear enough to me to overturn a decision. And they don’t have those funny lines down there either.

Then surely he's interfering with play, he literally took a swing at the ball 5 yards out right in front of Alisson.
  • Blimey. Looked at score, 1-0 Liverpool. 
    Come over here. Look at my predictions and then come onto this page and it is 3-1

excellent 
  • Who would think that you lose your three 1st choice CB's and then you give away more gifts than Santa Claus.

Then surely he's interfering with play, he literally took a swing at the ball 5 yards out right in front of Alisson.
    I refer the gentleman to the response I gave earlier.
    😎
    Everton, Spurs, Villa can all overtake Liverpool with games in hand. So could be 9th
    Doesn't really matter.

Under the new rules UEFA, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool etc etc are cooking up for qualification for the Champions League (or whatever they are going to call it) Liverpool will still qualify for it under some formula that ensures clubs like Liverpool will always qualify.

As for Leicester, well it can't be right that they exclude the superpowers like Liverpool and Man Utd from the champions League. So that's why UEFa want a qualification procedure that will exclude upstart clubs like Leicester.

(PS Lord knows what UEFA will do when we qualify for the Champions League in a few years time).

I refer the gentleman to the response I gave earlier.
    😎
    There's no way the VAR line they drew for Firmino's boot is accurate, it's a complete farce.

I'm happy Liverpool lost but that decision is a joke.