Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Bin dippers not getting the rub of the green?

Filling up here!
  • edited February 2021
    How on earth does VAR check this and give it onside? 

Because no one touched the ball despite the forward having a swing at the ball 
    Then surely he's interfering with play, he literally took a swing at the ball 5 yards out right in front of Alisson.
    I refer the gentleman to the response I gave earlier.
    😎
    There's no way the VAR line they drew for Firmino's boot is accurate, it's a complete farce.

I'm happy Liverpool lost but that decision is a joke.
    I know, I’m only teasing because Liverpool are twats. 😎

In all seriousness, I’m not sure. I can only assume the toe of his boot is hidden by the superimposed lines? 
    I’d still like to know how they overturned the penalty decision though. It was definitely close, but I’d argue too close to overturn. Should be “Umpire’s call” in my opinion - so in the end, justice was done.
  • Gundogan has to be the leagues most improved player this year. He's gone from being a reliable but nothing special midfielder, into one of the worlds top goalscoring midfielders.
  • Did Palace play today?
  • Klopp into fav to go next 
    Press conference was a tough watch, clearly a terrible time personally with his mother dying and not being able to go to the funeral.

Liverpool should have got someone else to do the press work at the very least.
    That’s just Mr Largo lumping on him cos he knows Bowyers gonna get his job 
  • I hate Liverpool as much as anyone but no way can they get rid of Klopp. He’s made them what they are. Without him they are genuinely a top 8/10 side 

He’s missing his best CB, his second best CB and his keeper is playing like he’s never kicked a football before. If Liverpool sack him it’d be the biggest mistake a football club has ever made IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• The vast majority of Liverpool fans across social media are overwhelmingly in support of Klopp, and so they should be. Bloke has been their best manager for 30 years. Revolutionised a team going nowhere and turned them into league and European champions.

Completely agree that he should be taken out of the spotlight though. Even if its perhaps not practical to give him time off when games are coming thick and fast, as least give him a break from media duties for a couple of weeks.

Those (crazy) fans who do want him sacked should think very carefully. As the Dortmund CEO once said about Klopp - “Perhaps it would have been better if we had exchanged the entire team, not the coach. Because I knew that we would never get back such a coach.”
  • Cracking goal from Saints there. Armstrong is an much underrated player for me. 
  • 89 minutes for man United to do "a @golfaddick"
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    89 minutes for man United to do "a @golfaddick"
    Wolves and Celtic already done it today 
  • Looking forward to Arsenal Vs Leeds.  Could be a cracking game
  • WBA have just 13 points from 24 games which is woeful, And yet they have succeeded in drawing against Man United, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea
  • The sort of nothing result which does nothing for either side really
  • Who are the team in red and what have they done with Arsenal? 
  • Enjoying this Arsenal v Leeds match, Leeds basically have Charlton’s approach to the importance of defending and every now and then they get a thrashing because of it. 
  • I love watching Leeds.  Always coming forwards 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who are the team in red and what have they done with Arsenal? 
    Don’t worry they’re back
  • I love watching Leeds.  Always coming forwards 
    Amazing how so few clubs attempt this strategy. Leeds is not a club that was attacking before Bielsa's arrival. It was not loaded with attacking talent. He just molded them in the image he wanted and they responded. (hint... hint Lee.)
  • 2 goals for Fulham Josh Maja tonight, the player who probably cost Sunderland automatic promotion when he left in January 2019
  • 2 goals for Fulham Josh Maja tonight, the player who probably cost Sunderland automatic promotion when he left in January 2019
    terrific win for Fulham albeit against an Everton team which has gone right off the boil lately .. still be very difficult for them to avoid relegation though
  • Could get interesting if they can win their next three games, Burnley (A), Sheffield Utd (H) and Palace (A).

• iaitch said:
    Could get interesting if they can win their next three games, Burnley (A), Sheffield Utd (H) and Palace (A).

True, but winning 4 in a row is tough when you've only won 2 all season (prior to Everton)
  • Parker has shown that it's possible to be in the bottom 3 and still perform respectably. -12GD is pretty respectable too, indeed Liverpool have conceded more goals than them now  :D
  • iaitch said:
    Could get interesting if they can win their next three games, Burnley (A), Sheffield Utd (H) and Palace (A).

True, but winning 4 in a row is tough when you've only won 2 all season (prior to Everton)
    Coventry used to do it every season, dead and buried at Christmas, win their last few games and stay up on the final day.

terrific win for Fulham albeit against an Everton team which has gone right off the boil lately .. still be very difficult for them to avoid relegation though
    Everton always strike me as a premier league version of us. Can get results against the good sides, but when you expect them to get a win against a lesser side they go and fuck it up.

In recent weeks they've won at Wolves and Leeds, drew with Leicester and Man U and beat Spurs in the cup.
    Then they lose at home to Newcastle and Fulham.
  • edited February 2021
    I've been paying close attention to Everton for 6 seasons. I think they are playing way above their true talent level and mid-table is in their future. Their fans are easily the most entitled I know of, as they just don't understand why they are not considered up there with Liverpool as a big club.