Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Always nice to see Palace on the never won a major trophy list 
    Wow. What that also shows is how the major clubs (other than Spurs) have monopolised the trophies in recent years.

Curiously there are more recent non Big 6 trophy winners outside the PL then in it, the likes of Wigan, Swansea, Pompey and Birmingham
  • Man Utd now top of the League with a three point lead ahead of their visit to Anfield on Sunday
  • I recall that when Derby had their disastrous Premier League campaign, they still managed to beat Newcastle.

Turns out lightning does strike twice.
  • I recall that when Derby had their disastrous Premier League campaign, they still managed to beat Newcastle.

Sheffield United are, of course, still going down but Newcastle have been absolutely woeful recently - 2 draws and 6 defeats from their last 8 matches and have scored 1 goal in their last 6 matches. They are fortunate, at the moment, that they have a decent cushion between them and the bottom 3.
  • Somehow United keep winning games without playing well, which is generally the sign of what you need to win a league.

The question is can they keep it up? The two decent top 6 sides they've faced on their recent good run, they didn't beat. Now they go to Liverpool.
  • I think United rely too heavily on Bruno Fernandes and he is in danger of being burnt out soon as they cant really afford to rest him given that he is carrying the team more often than not.
  • I think United rely too heavily on Bruno Fernandes and he is in danger of being burnt out soon as they cant really afford to rest him given that he is carrying the team more often than not.
    I agree, unless someone like Van De Beek can step up because he's not really been given much of a chance. Still expect City to be too strong. I'm ruling Liverpool out unless they sign a decent CB. 
  • I think Liverpool cruise it against United. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pogba played really well last night, if he did that more often they wouldn't rely on Fernandes so much.

He won't though, will be back to being pretty useless come next month.

they also drew away to Newcastle that season, so got 4 of their 11 points against them
  • MrOneLung said:
    I think Liverpool cruise it against United. 
    Depends how Utd defend. If they defend well they can definitely hurt Liverpool. If Fabinho plays CB they don't really have anyone tracking Fernandes and with the likes of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood their pace can cause issues, especially with no Van Dijk. 
  • United are usually better v the big sides as they can play on the break which they seem to be doing well.

But then the two big games recently have been the ones they haven't won, so that goes against that theory!
  • Real Madrid are happy for Militao to go on loan.
    Knowing how much Ramos loves a red card I’m surprised they’d let him leave but Liverpool should be all over Madrid like a rash to get that deal done.
    Reports that Spurs are interested too.
  • Fantastic wing play from sub Lookman to deliver a cross for Fulham's equaliser. Great header by Cavaleiro too
  • Fulham won't go down playing like that,
  • Oohahh can breathe now.
  • Parker is doing a good job there, considering how weak Fulham were at the start of the season 
  • Great result for Fulham given they had extra time at the weekend and only 2 days notice to prepare for the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• City charging up the table.

Fully expect them to take 13 points minimum from their next 5 games and be top of the table ahead of their tough set of fixtures in February.
  • edited January 2021
    clb74 said:
    Oohahh can breathe now.
    They’re concentration on the cups this season by the looks of it , the year ends in 1 
    the insufferables will be celebrating unfortunately 
  • 19.30 Interview with Parker: "Yes the Premier League have spoken to our CEO re the Covid protocols and in turn we have spoken to the players, they know what needs to be done"

20.10: The Special One & Parker hugging and embracing in the tunnel before KO neither wearing a mask.

Football is taking the piss when it comes to Covid
  • 19.30 Interview with Parker: "Yes the Premier League have spoken to our CEO re the Covid protocols and in turn we have spoken to the players, they know what needs to be done"

20.10: The Special One & Parker hugging and embracing in the tunnel before KO neither wearing a mask.

Surely that means with regards to players mixing with friends/models/prostitutes/whoever outside of football.

I don't think 2 managers who are tested probably twice a week are the issue. Otherwise then you could say that 10-15 players practically wrestling at every set piece is against covid protocols.

Surely that means with regards to players mixing with friends/models/prostitutes/whoever outside of football.

I don't think 2 managers who are tested probably twice a week are the issue. Otherwise then you could say that 10-15 players practically wrestling at every set piece is against covid protocols.
    That's fair enough.
    Does it mean though that we can all go and get tested 2 or 3 times a week now the centres are popping up for those with no symptoms.
    And if tests are negative I'm allowed to embrace others.
  • edited January 2021
    19.30 Interview with Parker: "Yes the Premier League have spoken to our CEO re the Covid protocols and in turn we have spoken to the players, they know what needs to be done"

That's what they are saying though. The advice from outside football is that footballers shouldn't be hugging, celebrating in close proximity etc. It's daft because like you say they are massive risk of passing it on anyway and are having the regular testing. It seems a bit off that you can't see your family and then can watch a squad of players all hugging but I don't see the point in allowing football to continue and then having a pop when they get too close. 
  • edited January 2021
    At the end of the day theres no need for the managers or players to be embracing each other after the game.
    And like some others I think it's a p!sstake
  • The players and staff in the stands not wearing masks is unacceptable. The argument “they are outdoors” is nonsense when they are sitting near each other for 2 hours+. Just can’t see why they wouldn’t all be wearing masks while merely watching the game. 
  • Tomorrow is West Ham's first Saturday 3pm kick off since March!